Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Elite Fan

Ok that's all I thought was mentioned...or at least so far

But the Leo/Richard thing just really gets me. I mean it doesn't make sense, was he only really important because he was needed to kill Rahl? Cause if it was to be Seeker then why was it so easy to replace him? I thought he was destined to be a seeker, though Leo was too? I thought there was only one at a time

If they're sticking to the books, pristinely ungifted people only have prisintly ungifted children So all of Jennsen's kids will be just like her as are their children's children and so on.
Ria
Old 05-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Master Fan

Those are good questions Ria...I don't have the answers though...
Old 05-30-2010, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Are Seekers only needed in time of danger or time when the midlands are in chaos? So a true Seeker hasn't been seen in like a thousand years or so, so peace has been in the midlands that long. So maybe a "True" Seeker is different than saw somebody like Leo who has taken the name of Seeker but isn't as important as Richard

Richard being the Seeker has been destined before Richard was even born, right? It has something to do with the propancy and thats why he was born, to be the one to destroy Rahl with how he was going to come into dangerous powers and take over the midlands. So I think it was always meant to be Richard but with Leo, he may have Seeker in him but he wasn't destined. He was only suppose to be a replacement for if Richard died or something like that

So...do I make sense or just
Old 05-30-2010, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
If they're sticking to the books, pristinely ungifted people only have prisintly ungifted children So all of Jennsen's kids will be just like her as are their children's children and so on.
Ah, okay. That makes a fair bit of sense then.

That just means that, even in his old age, Zedd is going to have to start pimping himself out so there can be more little Wizards of the First Order.

I see what you are saying, Sarah, and I suppose it would make sense that there would be a distinction between just a Seeker and "True Seeker." Though, I don't know what, exactly, it would be other than, like you said, destiny.

I can't remember if Shota said (in the book) that Samuel was a "True Seeker." Which is sad because I just read it like 2 days ago. But if he was, then the whole thousand years thing is folly because he had been a Seeker within Zedd's life time. See, it's hard to really piece it together because the canons are totally different.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Glad that I make sense and that it seems responsible

They are different and it seems confusing
Old 06-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And maybe that is why Samuel is left out of the show. Actually, I know why he's left out of the show...because his character represents what happens to Seeker's who overuse the Sword of Truth. Richard is cutting up people left and right on that show so Samuel's presence would some how damage the action.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

But it would be something interesting to learn and to see what does happen we already saw in Fury but that was more of the Rahl in him and not related to the Sword. Though the Sword fought off it
Old 06-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Our History (View Post)
And maybe that is why Samuel is left out of the show. Actually, I know why he's left out of the show...because his character represents what happens to Seeker's who overuse the Sword of Truth. Richard is cutting up people left and right on that show so Samuel's presence would some how damage the action.
See I think part of it is that Samuel isn't a true Seeker...he stole the sword from someone, so that might be in part how he turned out like that.

And they don't really touch on the rage issue with the sword in the show outside of Fury really and how you have to believe they want to hurt you in order to strike them down. Or even how it kind of drives you because in the show Kahlan uses the sword when Richard goes off to the PotP, but in the books their is a specific part, I don't remember where, but Richard does not want Kahlan to have to use the sword unless it was absolutely necessary or something because of the power and rage it creates.
Ria
Old 06-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh but how would that have worked even if not a "True" Seeker but did he get a Wizard of the First Order to name him

I wished that they touched more on it personally it was an interesting storyline
Old 06-03-2010, 03:16 AM
Master Fan

Hmmm, so Kahlan would be affected as well. It makes sense.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think she would have been but was it touched on in the books?
Old 06-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle-weasel! (View Post)
And they don't really touch on the rage issue with the sword in the show outside of Fury really and how you have to believe they want to hurt you in order to strike them down. Or even how it kind of drives you because in the show Kahlan uses the sword when Richard goes off to the PotP, but in the books their is a specific part, I don't remember where, but Richard does not want Kahlan to have to use the sword unless it was absolutely necessary or something because of the power and rage it creates.

You would almost think that wielding the sword, and experiencing that much rage, would send Kahlan into the ConDar. And yet she uses it, apparently on more than one occasion, in both the book and the show. It's odd, really.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I just don't think that its fully about the Sword but more of his lenage (sp?) cause wasn't it related to his Rahl blood. I think the Sword added too it but don't think the Sword would have had enough to cause Kahlan to go ConDar. Isn't her ConDar only when somebody she loves gets hurt or extreme rage. The sword might have a bit but don't think its strong enough
Old 06-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

True. The propensity for his rage comes from the fact that he has Rahl blood.

Still, I think the wielder of the sword has to feel the truth depth of their conviction to be able to actually do harm to another with the Sword. Though, I am not sure. I would have to read it again.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So the sword should have fed off her ConDar with how the Sword should have been effected by her?