Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-01-2010, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

There's gonna be a new X-Men movie? I didn't know that...
Old 06-01-2010, 02:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Green Lantern = Ryan & Blake. My two reasons for going to see it.
I love Blake, I really hope the writings good because i tend to hate superhero girlfriends, and I want Blake to fan-fleebing-tastic!

New X-Men movie!?
Jess
Old 06-01-2010, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you read any of the info about her character? Apparently in the second and third movies she becomes even more awesome.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:48 AM
Loyal Fan

I haven't read much about her, only the part in the plot synopsis about her, but I will check up on the other stuff about her character
Jess
Old 06-01-2010, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll grab something out of her thread **.

ETA:
Quote:
Will Star Sapphire Show Up In The First Green Lantern?

Some comments from a photo shoot may reveal more than was intended for the Green Lantern star.
The long legged Ms. Blake Lively took time out of her Green Lantern to do a surf themed photo shoot for Vogue (coming out in the June issue). Not a whole lot was said but some interesting tidbits did get revealed. Here is the excerpt where the upcoming superhero movie is mentioned:

The adventure begins in the Vogue offices when I am bidden to look at the fittings shots of Blake Lively, which reveal a body sublimely toned for her upcoming role as Carol Ferris (a.k.a. ultravillain Star Sapphire) in Martin Campbell's Green Lantern, based on the DC Comics superhero introduced in 1940. "All I want is to be a hero to my nephews and nieces," Lively says, laughing. "I'm going to be the coolest aunt ever."

Lively has been rehearsing with a stunt coordinator who works on the Bond movies and with gymnastic acrobats from Cirque du Soleil. "Our director likes it real—the fights close and dirty," she explains, and for added veracity aerial stunts are being filmed in the rig created for The Matrix. "I'm 40 feet in the air, spiraling around. That's the best workout you can ever do because it's all core," she tells me. "You do that for ten minutes and you should see your body the next day! It's so exhilarating, so thrilling—and nauseating"

Now, we know that Green Lantern is already a planned trilogy and that the villainous incarnation of Star Sapphire will emerge at some point from Lively's character Carol Ferris. What is widely agreed upon is that Star will appear in the second or third movie. So, is her quote of being "40 feet in the air, spiraling around" a damsel in distress being rescued or a fight scene with Ryan Reynolds. My first instinct is the former had she not also referenced that Martin Campbell "likes it real—the fights close and dirty". Only time will tell but consider that Mark Strong's Sinestro will be more mentor than adversary (if at all) in the first movie which leaves only Hector Hammond, an Earth bound villain.

Last edited by sprezzatura; 06-01-2010 at 03:09 AM
Old 06-01-2010, 03:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Oh thanks for that . Now it sounds more promising , sounds like Blake is really going to be able to show off her acting skills and her newly acquired fighting skills. And I love me some Bad Ass Blondie's. It all sounds much better than what I was expecting
Jess

Last edited by Imaginary_Vanity; 06-01-2010 at 11:03 AM
Old 06-01-2010, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really can't wait for the movie.
I think Blake is a pretty good actress (in her films) it's just they did her really crappy storylines in Gossip Girl.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Anyone interested in joining a very laid-back book club for the summer or beyond, I've got a new one going on here:

http://z7.************.com/Grand_Tou...ex.php?act=idx

It still needs some work, but I'm sure it'll liven up once you come to visit!
Old 06-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

I agree. Her storylines in GG were crappy indeed.
Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Loyal Fan

Everyones storyline are pretty bad in GG, I think they dragged her father SL on for two long, and then it turned into Nate's family drama from season 2, and then they put her in a stupid love triangle and then ended the season with D/S. It boggles the mind really.
Jess
Old 06-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh don't even get be started on the Dan/Serena sht in the finale. WHF?!? Dan randomly starts seeing 'signs' even though they haven't had a scene together for over 13 episodes.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

I haven't watched GG since the first episode this season. i like dan/serena, at least in season 1

But new X-Men movie?
Ria
Old 06-01-2010, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

D/S were sweet in S1 but then the show destroyed them in S2. And at this moment in time the only people who like them are the super hardcore fans because their back and forth was just painful to watch.
Old 06-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

I hated what they did to them in S2, but I have a hard time letting go of a ship once I ship them, I'm kind of with them forever
Ria
Old 06-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm all for either Serena & Nate (bookie side of me) or Serena & Carter.