Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2013, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would love it if she could work with JLaw
Old 07-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

2 people I would love for to work with are Joshua Jackson and James McAvoy.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:27 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractured moonlight (View Post)
Even though I don't really know the Madge character.
Madge is Katniss' other best friend in the books. She's also the mayor's daughter and in the habit of buying things Katniss and Gale gather in the woods. At first Gale appears to resent her a lot for what he perceives as her privileged position - something for which in turn Katniss is pretty annoyed with him. Her aunt took part in the Hunger Games the same year Haymitch won and Haymitch carries a fair amount of guilt over her death. Madge's aunt also gave her the Mockingjay pin which Madge in the book gave Katniss as a token when she came to see her after the reaping. In the second book it's described that Katniss takes Madge to the woods with her. It's also implied that there is something going on between Madge and Gale for she brought him expensive pain medicine after he was being beaten by the peacekeepers. I know that the last scene will definitely make it into the second movie, I assume that since they omitted Madge's character, it'll be Peeta who will provide the medicine. And yes there is some really pretty art out there on tumblr.

The other two actresses who are frequently used as "fancast" for the role are AnnaSophia Robb and Imogen Poots. While I like both of them, I could just never picture that, not in the setting of the movie - AnnaSophia seems too cute and perhaps a bit perky, Imogen always appears very quirky in everything I've seen her in - and then I think about the role and how they'd have to interact with Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss and I just can't see it. I always thought Dianna would be a lot more convincing as Katniss' friend - mainly because of the her calm way of speaking, the lower and warm timbre of her voice and her general poise. So I'm saying, the other two are surely lovely and talented actresses but I always thought Dianna would have been more convincing and frankly perfect in the role.

Ahhh... anyway... rambling again.

Quote:
2 people I would love for to work with are Joshua Jackson and James McAvoy.
Oh, that sounds great. What kind of project do you envision?

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It would have been amazing if they had kept Madge in and Dianna had played her. I would have been in more of a hurry to see the movie. And I love your reasons why you think Dianna would be perfect for the part.

As much as I love Dianna in movies and I hope she keeps doing them I would also love for her to go back to tv. Be in an amazing tv show where she is the main character.

Maybe JJ can be in it too either as a main or guest. Though I certainly would have no problem with them being in a movie together either. To work with James it will probably have to be in a movie. I could see an action one for them.

Beyond that though don't really have any more details on what I want. Just know I would love to see them work together.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awe she and Josh Jackson would be cute
Old 07-31-2013, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think so too.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:48 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
As much as I love Dianna in movies and I hope she keeps doing them I would also love for her to go back to tv. Be in an amazing tv show where she is the main character.
Perhaps something on HBO, AMC or Showtime - those shows have short seasons so that would give Dianna enough time to pursue some movie projects too?!

I read this book recently The Girl is Murder by Kathryn Miller Haines which I liked a great deal, it's about a girl detective in 1940s New York. That could be something I could imagine Dianna in - perhaps if they aged the character by two years or so. But generally I thought that would be great. I'd love to see her in this sort of period clothing.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 08-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That would be perfect! I actually prefer short season tv shows now. It tends to leave less chance for filler and extending storylines that don't need it just so they can draw it out. The hiatus are a pain though.

Never heard of that but it sounds really interesting. I'll have to read up on it. Thanks for the link. I would love to see her in that type of clothing too and I think she would do a great job in the role.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Her being a main in a TV show is what I want for her too
Old 08-03-2013, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That would be perfect for me.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really want to see her every week and knowing she will be in every episode.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Same. Plus I think tv is a better option. Though I could see getting burned out on playing just one character for a while (if the show does well of course) but overall I think doing tv is much better than movies. I think people for the most part tend to get attached much more to tv characters than movies ones. The fans who follow tend to be more loyal too. And I think it can lead to a little bit more exposure.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:13 AM
Elite Fan

I think it really depends - TV of course, if the show does well, provides a steady income and as you said exposure to public/media. Another reason why I mentioned the potential of a show on HBO or Showtime or the likes is also for quality reasons - of course they're not all brilliant but they generally, I guess, they do have bigger budgets, have a bit more edge and win more awards (if we think it fair or not sometimes). That's why I think it'd be a great thing which as mentioned above would allow her to also do some movies.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I would love for her to get a tv show on one of those networks. A bigger budget, more down time and hopefully more chance of it being good would definitely be a great thing.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Same. Plus I think tv is a better option. Though I could see getting burned out on playing just one character for a while (if the show does well of course) but overall I think doing tv is much better than movies. I think people for the most part tend to get attached much more to tv characters than movies ones. The fans who follow tend to be more loyal too. And I think it can lead to a little bit more exposure.
I agree so much