Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2016, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

couldn't agree more with you MysteryXX. i am disappointed in which direction The 100 is heading. no surprise they're losing a lot of fans (not just Clexa fans).

back to wonderful Clexa:

Old 04-22-2016, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's hard to stay invested in the show when that's always on your mind.
If the writing was good I'd still be invested. I'm not losing interest because lexa died. I watched the show long before she was in it. Im losing interest because the writing sucks imo, and they're copying 50 different shows because they dont have their own ideas.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There is a line though between a show 'promoting' something and show exploring something. Just because a rape scene (luckily almost everyone here agrees that that's what it was) was on the show, doesn't mean they're promoting rape. It's another tragic even to be explored and discussed. Would I have preferred they left it out, sure. But this show has had morally questionable things since season 1.

Anyway, it's great that you guys continue to be active here despite what happened.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
luckily almost everyone here agrees that that's what it was
Luckily almost everyone is good. But theres still some people that didnt. And still some fans that said it was comparable to lexa and Clarke, just because their ship wasnt happening. And luckily almost everyone here didnt say that either.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)
There is a line though between a show 'promoting' something and show exploring something. Just because a rape scene (luckily almost everyone here agrees that that's what it was) was on the show, doesn't mean they're promoting rape. It's another tragic even to be explored and discussed. Would I have preferred they left it out, sure. But this show has had morally questionable things since season 1.

Anyway, it's great that you guys continue to be active here despite what happened.
good point you are mentioning. but the way The 100 handles several scenes including the rape scene...i mean it's of coruse okay to show this on tv, i just have a problem when the scene is showed as morally okay when t's clearly not. The 100 is showing a lot of questionable scenes but i have the impression they are showing the scenes and being ok with that. i think they don't handle the though line very well at all.

i'm happy to have this thread
Old 04-22-2016, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

The moral compass is so off in this show. No wonder Adina Porter can't and doesn't want to do damage control any more.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
good point you are mentioning. but the way The 100 handles several scenes including the rape scene...i mean it's of coruse okay to show this on tv, i just have a problem when the scene is showed as morally okay when t's clearly not. The 100 is showing a lot of questionable scenes but i have the impression they are showing the scenes and being ok with that. i think they don't handle the though line very well at all.

i'm happy to have this thread
Theres also a difference when its done well. The show isnt doing that. Even if they are just exploring it, their writing isnt doing it well.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not super happy with he inclusion of the rape scene, BUT it has inspired discussion, especially with people who needed a more clear outline on what constitutes rape. Clearly not everyone in the world is educated enough on the topic.

Who equated it with Clarke and Lexa, and why? Nobody here, I assume.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

it really is. i get that everyone has done bad things in the show. but some have done really horrible things like killing a peace army and they are portrayed has "heroes" again just because they have done one good thing but this doesn't make me forget all the bad things they're done. and those are our lead characters, characters we should refer to. i can't do that sorry

read her tweets. i can totally understand her not wanting to tweet about anything having to do with The 100 anymore and i respect her decision.
she can start talking with Eliza about toilet papers instead
Old 04-22-2016, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
she can start talking with Eliza about toilet papers instead
Yeah totally Makes a lot more fun to tweet for them and to read for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacatia (View Post)

Not in here but in a lot of other boards in FF. Another reason I just stick with this thread and don't look in other threads.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandcandy (View Post)
Theres also a difference when its done well. The show isnt doing that. Even if they are just exploring it, their writing isnt doing it well.
basically i waffled around and wanted to express what you just wrote! thanks for that

guys i'm glad to have this thread
Old 04-22-2016, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
No, but it was a big name Bellarke fan on tumblr . Who I have seen her praises sung here.

I wonder if Eliza ever sorted her toilet paper out. That was a dramatic Thursday

Quote:
basically i waffled around and wanted to express what you just wrote! thanks for that ]
We all think the same.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

to be fair, every fandom has it's black sheep. in every fandom in every ship. i wouldn't take any of those comments too serious. and just spread the Clexa love instead
Old 04-22-2016, 06:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Bellamy has hero status, not yet anyway (not sure he can at this point)..they are definitely showing him slowly moving away from the Boris crap, though.

I think if the audience can't distinguish where a character has been fully redeemed despite doing horrible things vs a character moving forward and even putting 1% effort into not being a crappy person (and I think the show has shown as that people who have murdered other people on this show, don't forget it-as they shouldn't) then it's unfortunate.

I mean I was super pissed with Lexa at the end of season 2, and I thought her forgiveness came way too swiftly but I totally accepted it anyway. I liked her character and you can tell when someone isn't 100% garbage (which IMO most characters on this show are not). The only character I think was inherently evil was Cage even that can be questioned, too.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
to be fair, every fandom has it's black sheep. in every fandom in every ship. i wouldn't take any of those comments too serious. and just spread the Clexa love instead
This is true - this is why I stay off Tumblr and Twitter now, for the most part. Every fandom and every ship have the black sheep. I prefer not to see what they have to say!