Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2018, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

If she's not free til the end of the episode, we need good reasoning for it.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

With how fast the episodes have been moving, I’ll be very surprised if it takes until the end of the episode to save her.

ETA: Real quick question that occurred to me while watching a crack video of all things: I know some people have been very critical of Bellamy and Clarke killing Cooper in this episode. Shouldn’t this extend to Indra, too, who was part of the plan and was part of Wonkru with Cooper for 6 years? You guys know I love Bellamy, Clarke, and that I love Indra this season. I’m just curious if anyone has seen anything out there about people judging Indra similarly to Bellamy and Clarke here.
ICON

Last edited by April7739; 07-01-2018 at 12:46 PM
Old 07-01-2018, 01:47 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
ETA: Real quick question that occurred to me while watching a crack video of all things: I know some people have been very critical of Bellamy and Clarke killing Cooper in this episode. Shouldn’t this extend to Indra, too, who was part of the plan and was part of Wonkru with Cooper for 6 years?
Indra hasn't killed Kara, but she was fine with knowing that Bellamy and Clarke will kill Kara with the help of the worms
So to me, she is guilty, but not as guilty as Bellamy and Clarke are
The same applies to Monty ... Monty knew that they will kill Kara, and he didn't want to help them, but BC forced him to help them ... so Monty is also not as guilty for me as BC are

I have posted this set in the Monty thread, but it fits good to my answer, so I post it here too

Old 07-01-2018, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Monty isn’t as guilty to me as they are, but I’d say Indra is just as guilty. She played her part in the plan. No one forced her to go along with it. And like I said, she and Cooper were both part of Wonkru, so . . . she’d have more allegiance to her than Clarke and Bellamy would. And again, this isn’t saying anything against any of them. I don’t object to their plan.

It’s like when somebody takes out a hit on someone. Even if they’re not the actual assassin, if they sanction it, they’e ultimately still just as responsible for the murder as the person who carried it out. (Forgive me, I’ve been watching some true crime stuff this summer.)

I’m not trying to excuse what any of them did. It just astounds me that Bellamy and Clarke always end up shouldering the majority of the guilt of those types of decisions. (Octavia could deeply relate to them nowadays, if she chose to.)
ICON
Old 07-01-2018, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Nope, no one blames anyone but Clarke and Bellamy.

In our world, Indra would go to jail too since she new about the plan to murder Kara and didn't stop it.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:13 PM
Master Fan

In our world, Monty would go to jail too, because he has helped them

It was not Monty's and Indra's plan to kill Kara, it was BC's plan, so they have to shoulder the majority of the guilt IMO
Old 07-01-2018, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

They'd all go to jail in our world. BC would just bigger sentences.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just . . . I don’t know. I don’t mind people being critical of Bellarke, but I don’t understand why that criticism doesn’t always extend to the other characters as much as I feel it should.

I would say that, even if Bellamy and Clarke came up with the plan, it became Indra’s plan, too, when she agreed to play a pivotal role in it.
ICON
Old 07-01-2018, 04:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I've never really understood the Bellamy and Clarke criticism. Yes, they both have had their own respective horrible decisions (season 3 anyone?), but when it comes down to it...they usually only resort to these methods when they've exhausted all other options. Doesn't make it right, but no one else is really coming up with anything better.

Yes, Monty's algae idea was a peaceful resolution. And maybe he could have talked Kara into it. But Octavia? Based on what we've seen of her in season 5 so far...I think not. I love Octavia but it really seems like she wants the war at this point.

And as for Clarke being ruthless, I'm sorry. But her young adoptive daughter was going to be on the front lines of a war that they just don't have the technology to win. I don't blame her for being desperate.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Octavia wants a war. She’s a warrior, after all. It’s what she knows and maybe even needs. Without a war, what purpose does Wonkru have? War gives them purpose. She’s smart enough to realize that.

It just seems like, whenever any character does something wrong, a lot of people in the fandom seem to say, “Well, look at what Bellamy and Clarke have done.” And I’m fine with drawing the comparisons, but I don’t like those comparisons being used to sweep other characters’ wrongdoings under the rug.
ICON
Old 07-01-2018, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Great discussion, guys. Will share my thoughts on the new thread since we are overdue for one.

http://www.fanforum.com/f34/how-we-g...8%5D-63209797/

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit