Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-06-2016, 01:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Jason was the biggest Clexa fangirl from the beginning. He even confirmed it on the podcast. Of course he wanted to tell that lovestory or he would have wrote that whole storyline completely different. There was absolutely NO NEED for them to have sex just before she gets killed, come on.
Old 03-06-2016, 01:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that totally played into the lesbian sex cliche. He would have been better off just having them kiss.
ICON
Old 03-06-2016, 01:56 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by April7739 (View Post)
Yeah, that totally played into the lesbian sex cliche. He would have been better off just having them kiss.
Not even kiss just no lovestory at all if he knows he will kill Lexa anyway. How many times did he say that the show is NOT about that but he did it with Finn/Clarke and now Lexa/Clarke. And it was both times so rushed. She kissed Lexa a few days after she killed Finn who she was SOOO in love with according to Jason. And kissed Lexa a few days after she spit in her face... who does that? Its just ridiculous imo.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

^^He knew he couldn't have Alycia for long, he didn't have to make Clexa into a love story. Why went there to begin with when you know it's not gonna last? Why put a sex scene when you know you're gonna have to kill her next? I believe it was to pander to fans. Also, having people like Kim, Shawna and Layne promote the **** out of Clexa, going into lesbians forums to interact with Clexa fans and giving them hope is TWISTED!

I didn't mind the way she dies (I know I'm the only one) but the way they handled the fans and that relationship was really bad.

I just hope he'll learn from his mistakes.

I was pissed at certain things he said about Clexa in the podcast, but listening to it the second time, I get it. He said something about Lexa having Clarke's heart, but it was not a statement of Clarke never being with anyone else. It was about the real love that they felt and how that wasn’t going to go away because it was authentic and he didn’t want it to be cheapened by what came next. That was how it was when you loved and lost someone. They stay with you.

This is true in real life also. You have the opportunity to love many people in life, and their love, their effect on you stays with you, even if the people or the love goes away.

He also said that the show isn't about Clexa or Flarke or Bellarke. That he understand why some people want to stop watching if that's the only reason wy they're here in the first place.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-06-2016, 02:42 AM
Master Fan

I hate when FF is acting up. Sorry for the dp.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-06-2016, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave princess (View Post)
Ugh, when he said "it's Clarke's show" though. I like Clarke but this show is so much more to me than her and I don't like hearing him say crap like that. She is A main character. That's just so frustrating to me as fan of so many other characters.
I agree, Amy. The show might have started out from Clarke's POV and she's certainly still integral to the storyline but there's a definite shift in focus on other characters/storylines and it is a disservice not to acknowledge the contributions of the other characters in the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave princess (View Post)
When I read things like I have seen on tumblr where people are saying that they don't see how Clarke could ever realistically move on from Lexa, it makes me wonder if these same people have actually been watching the show. Wishing for Clarke to be forever alone is just not something that I'll ever be okay with. She literally had to kill Finn with her own hands b/c "blood must have blood" and even though I was never a Finn or Flarke fan, it bothers me that some people want to pretend like that never happened.
THIS THIS. Everyone knows my feelings on Finn and Finn/Clarke but there's no discounting what she had to do to keep the alliance alive was brutal (her having to actually KILL Finn to spare him further pain and also TonDC) ... these are all miraculously swept under the carpet for fanservice and Lexa got "redeemed" without even having to actually redeem herself while others fight tooth and nail to earn theirs. I did like the character but there's still some things that I cannot swallow and how that is painted as "Lexa just being Lexa and doing the best for her people" and some people just discounting her actions like that and yet holding other characters to impossible standards for the SAME type of actions.

And not to mention the level of hypocrisy about how Bellamy was "blaming" Clarke for her actions in 3X05 when he was really holding her accountable for her part in it ... but it's conveniently left out that Lexa did the same thing and somehow it's okay because TRULOVE4EVA folks and she bowed to Clarke and everything's forgiven. Like what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldara (View Post)
Even when he is SO mad at her, he cares. I think he will comfort her. I think he will realize that she is the same person he was willing to risk his life for to save. The same girl, just a bit tainted and not sure how to save her people. I think he will comfort her because no matter what he cares about her, not because he is grieving for Lexa, but because Clarke needs someone.
I think so too, when it comes to Clarke, I believe that he can put aside his personal feelings for Lexa to comfort Clarke because he would be able to see how much she's hurting and that she needs a friend/her co-leader in that moment ... to help her to heal and move forward.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit

Last edited by destroyer of worlds; 03-06-2016 at 07:54 AM
Old 03-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I Don’t Believe in Fairy Tale Love

And that’s why I am absolutely okay with Clarke beginning to explore her relationship with Bellamy in the second half of season 3. They don’t have to go back to the beginning of a slow burn anymore. Those coals have been banked and left to smolder while they’ve been busy. They are ready to be kindled again.

Did she love Lexa? Yes. She did. Did that mean she didn’t love Bellamy? No, it did not. It was clearly established that she had growing feelings for Bellamy throughout the whole show, during all the time she spent with Lexa. It was canonically stated that she loved him when she said “I was being weak” and sent him into the mountain, because Lexa told her, “love is weakness.” Lexa herself pointed out, explicitly, Clarke’s feelings for Bellamy and her jealousy was quite evident. Clarke and Bellamy were separated by time and location and relationships and politics, but they still very much love each other. They are always willing to give up their lives for the other. Their love for each other is canon.

There is no one true way to love a person. She loved Finn, too. That didn’t mean she couldn’t love anyone else, and pretty soon after his death.

I think sometimes that we’ve so much of the “happily ever after” trope that we think that once you Love someone, with a capital ‘L’, that means that life is set and from then on, you have achieved maximum love capacity. That is simply not the way it works. There’s no such thing as happily ever after, and true love is more a decision and a commitment to working on your problems than some perfect end point.

So if we want to talk about commitment? Here’s commitment. Clarke did not choose Lexa. Clarke chose her people. Much of her conversation with Lexa was “I have to leave.” When she came to say good bye, when she kissed her, when they were lying in bed. The refrain kept coming back. “I have to go.” The entire love scene was a goodbye because she had committed, finally, to returning to her people. Including Bellamy.

But then Lexa’s death interrupted her return, as it should have. So let’s talk about grief. If we think Clarke should not get involved with anyone because of her grief, first we need to realize that she’s already involved with Bellamy and he is already her support system, although they are separated. She needs her support system to deal with her grief and trauma (as has already been established by these numbnuts hiding from each other and all falling apart). She needs Bellamy. And he needs her.

They need to come together and deal with the pain that each has caused the other. Because those are huge gaping wounds and must be addressed. Does this need to turn into romance?

I don’t know, what happens when Bellamy and Clarke are alone together and actually able to talk about things that are important? Hmm? Does Clarke’s or Bellamy’s grief or trauma stop their connection? Not so far. It’s seemed to only strengthen it.

This world is very fast paced. Emotions are constantly heightened. They could all die at any minute. Is that really the world where you look at someone you love and say, “yeah, I can’t love you because someone died, even though I could lose you because you are going to war.”

Love is dangerous, it’s true. Love is a risk. But love is not a weakness. Lexa was always wrong about that. For Bellamy and for Clarke, love is a strength, and I’m pretty sure love is how they are going be victorious in the battle still to come. And a brief reminder, Lexa’s last words to Clarke were, “you were right, Clarke, life should be about more than just surviving.” That will resonate.

Not only do I want Clarke and Bellamy to get together in season 3, I think it is absolutely essential to beating ALIE and coming out alive at the end.
The Rosy

I love this post, Rosy makes a few vadid arguments and I feel it's important that you take the time to read it.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Master Fan

OMG what is up today with FF? It keeps making dp.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-06-2016, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing, Maud. That is a good article. Love isn't black and white and I like that BC are subtle and never OTT but yet you always know how much they care/support one another even when the odds are stacked against them and they're far apart from each other. Bellamy when he found out that Clarke was in peril, for example ... the floodgates opened and he turned from a man going through the motions to a man unhinged, focused on ONE THING and that was to keep her safe. And I've never seen Clarke so emotional as she was when she pleaded with Roan not to kill him. And I still have hope (despite my many, MANY doubts on the show) that that will continue to come across in their moments together.

And this would make a great future title:

Love is dangerous, it’s true. Love is a risk. But love is not a weakness.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-06-2016, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

Guys,Jo's interview with Javier (the one who wrote 3.07 is up), if you want to listen to it. The Dropship: The 100 Podcast

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Did she love Lexa? Yes. She did. Did that mean she didn’t love Bellamy? No, it did not. It was canonically stated that she loved him when she said “I was being weak” and sent him into the mountain, because Lexa told her, “love is weakness.” Lexa herself pointed out, explicitly, Clarke’s feelings for Bellamy and her jealousy was quite evident.

There is no one true way to love a person. She loved Finn, too. That didn’t mean she couldn’t love anyone else, and pretty soon after his death.

I think sometimes that we’ve so much of the “happily ever after” trope that we think that once you Love someone, with a capital ‘L’, that means that life is set and from then on, you have achieved maximum love capacity. That is simply not the way it works. There’s no such thing as happily ever after, and true love is more a decision and a commitment to working on your problems than some perfect end point.

If we think Clarke should not get involved with anyone because of her grief, first we need to realize that she’s already involved with Bellamy and he is already her support system[/B], although they are separated. She needs her support system to deal with her grief and trauma, She needs Bellamy. And he needs her.

Love is dangerous, it’s true. Love is a risk. But love is not a weakness. Lexa was always wrong about that. For Bellamy and for Clarke, love is a strength, and I’m pretty sure love is how they are going be victorious in the battle still to come. And a brief reminder
I love that entire article, especially the bolded bit. With Clarke and Bellamy love has done nothing but help them. It makes them work together, makes them accomplish things they didn't think were possible.

I love the part where it say, She is already involved with Bellamy. They are involved, it might not be in a romantic way yet, but they have always been there for each other. There are so many little things that the other has done to show they are protective of the other

Ex 1) Bellamy knocking out the poisoned cup of liquor from Clarke and putting his arm out to protect her
Ex 2) Clarke immediately shutting down his idea to be the inside man in mount weather, because she knew it was a death sentence and as she said to him "I can't lose you too, Okay?"

And many more where those came from

Yes, they have never came right out and said "I love you" " I love you too" but that doesn't mean they don't feel it.

"There is no one true way to love a person". Everyone loves differently, you can love more then one person at a time, just in different ways. Just because you loved someone and then lost them doesn't mean you can never love again.

I 110% support "Love is dangerous, it’s true. Love is a risk. But love is not a weakness" as the next title.

*Listening to podcast now*

Old 03-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Master Fan

Guys, can I ask you a question? I don't know if this is the right thread for it but since it's the only one I come to regularly...

Do you think the show is racist? Cause I'm being attacked on tumblr hard right now cause I said that I don't particularly see it on the show but that I'm definitely seeing outside the show (especially on twitter) with people making hateful comments to Bob, Chris, Jarod...I'd like your input on this cause those people insulting me for it right now make me feel bad for not seeing it. Like one of them said to me "every poc character get killed off" and I responded that whites were killed off too, maybe even more. Like Atom, Roma, Jake, Connor, Finn, Lexa, Nia, Drew, Dax, Monroe...the only poc characters that I remember dying is Wells, and the kid that Murphy killed. And I don't feel like poc characters are treated worse than others.

I don't know, I really want to know your opinions on the matter.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-06-2016, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

The show is not racist at all. In the society they are in people are only judged for the person they are not what ethnicity they are. Whether you are Black, White, Asian, Mexican, you all can die. Its the sad truth. When they wrote in Wells getting killed off it didn't say " A little white girl stabs the black teenager in the neck and cuts of his fingers" It was " Charlotte stabbed wells in the neck and cut off his fingers" People are not just their ethnicity's. Their ethnicity's probably are not even put into play when the writers make the scenes.

In this show, everyone is treated like crap because that's what the show is about. The aftermath of a apocalypse, people are going to die. The bomb wasn't racist. People die no matter what Ethnicity, Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity they are.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voldara (View Post)
The show is not racist at all. In the society they are in people are only judged for the person they are not what ethnicity they are. Whether you are Black, White, Asian, Mexican, you all can die. Its the sad truth. When they wrote in Wells getting killed off it didn't say " A little white girl stabs the black teenager in the neck and cuts of his fingers" It was " Charlotte stabbed wells in the neck and cut off his fingers"

In this show, everyone is treated like crap because that's what the show is about. The aftermath of a apocalypse, people are going to die. The bomb wasn't racist. People die no matter what Ethnicity, Sexual Orientation or Gender Identity they are.
I was told my "white ass" couldn't possibly understand I'm not gonna say there is racism on the show when I don't see it. Like you said everyone is treated the same, that's the world they live in. They're not treated like this because of their race but because this is the story they're telling. Don't tell me that Jasper, Clarke and others are treated better. I was starting to feel stupid because they keep insulting me over this and I feel like if you think differently then you're the worse person ever. It's like Clexa/Lexa's fan thinking you are an homophobe if you're not suppporting this ship.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 03-06-2016, 10:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

Oh my goodness Maud!

I had the SAME TOPIC with my friends just a Minute ago.

They were talking about the Episode and one of them is bi and heartbroken because of Lexa/Clexa (Im not at all. I think they got everything they could wish for in the few Episodes they had this Secenes, from Kissing to Sex to Titanic Moments... But I dont want to bash them!)
And than she started saying that the LGBT Community and the POC Characters are badly threated on the 100 in General and I first thought like "What the hell are you talking about?"
Raven or Lincoln are in Pain, because there Characters are in Pain. That has nothing to do with her Skin Color or anything. Id didnt even came to my mind to think in that way. Never. So I really understand what you mean.

I now ist off Topic, but Im glad you spoke it up Maud.

I hadnt had a Chance to listen to the Podcast of Jo.
Did he say anything interesting?

And I agree with everything that was said about Bellarke.

I want Bellamy and Clarke to have Scenes together, to talk and comfort each other, to comfort each other and to get to this Situation TOGETHER.