Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-30-2019, 08:08 PM
New Fan

Hey everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome. I haven't heard anything on 6x07 (and not from lack of trying!) but it does look like 6x06 will have Echo and co still on the outskirts of sanctum. Unless Josie did something to Bellamy, the sedative will probably just wear off after a while. She seems really intent on messing with people's emotions, so she'll probably have fun emotionally tormenting him for a while. >.< She's crazy, but someone explain to me why I love her?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1 (View Post)
Welcome Steph! ... It's great to have you here!

May I ask you why you stopped watching the show for a while? I'm just curious
Ah yeah, no worries. Um, okay how to explain without sounding super petty and/or ridiculous... Fair warning, y'all don't have to read all of this. It's way longer than I anticipated LOL.

So, I'm a huge Clexa fan. They're still my OTP and considering it's been over 3 years without them, I don't think it's one that's going away. I'm usually pretty ride or die with that stuff, but yeah. So Lexa died, and it just hit me really hard. I couldn't eat or sleep, and I didn't leave my room all weekend. After that, I couldn't watch anymore. Despite all my love for it, it just made me sob. It was unfortunate because when I love something, I go all in, and it felt like a loss on multiple levels. But I had to stop for my mental health because I was so consumed with the anger and hurt it had caused. All of that got tied up with the show.

Now, I didn't campaign to get the show cancelled or anything like that. I didn't attack anyone or tell others how to grieve, but I made a personal choice because Clexa were different than any other ship for me. I've been involved in Drama television since Beverly Hills 90210, and this was the first time a show had given the top billed, main lead a female love interest. Not only that, but they had a strong story with a good chunk of screen time which is something that most wlw ships don't get. Other ships can make you feel seen, but something about Clexa and the 100 made me feel valid and worthy unlike any other ship had ever done.

It messed me up. It put me in a really bad place, and all I felt was anger, hurt, and numbness. Honestly, I stopped caring about everything, and I never thought I'd love anything on tv ever again, and that's crazy. Anyone that knows me knows I've wanted to write television since I was 12 years old. I have three television shows in the works and to simply give up on finding stories that I loved was intense to say the least.

Honestly, Echo/Tasya changed that for me. I've always loved the complexity of her character, so I'd peak in on the show to see how she was doing. I was pretty angry at Bellamy's season 3 choices, but in checking on her, I got to peak at how much he was growing too, and I started to feel like maybe I could watch again. Especially when Becho became canon (I was also tempted by the possibility of Braven since that was my first 100 ship ever, but Becho is where it's at!), but then I just started crying whenever I considered it, so I let it go all season.

Anyways, this story has gotten way too long, and it's way more than you asked for, but loving Echo eased me out of my anger and helped me let it go. I decided a few months ago that I was going to move on from the rage (but not Lexa or Clexa who will always remain special and near and dear to my heart) and catch up on the show. I'm not gonna lie—season three was really hard for me, and it still makes me queasy to think about Lexa, Clexa, and Clarke's loss, but I don't regret jumping back in, and I don't regret loving the show in the same way I used to.

I honestly let a lot of other people determine how I should grieve because they were angry too, and that wasn't fair. The show is something that I love dearly, despite all the hurt that came from it, and it's something that I enjoy watching and speculating about. That doesn't make me a bad Clexa fan, and it was hard for me to see that at first. I only watch this show for me, and I'm glad that I still do because I feel healthy. I get excited again, and that's honestly so refreshing. So I guess it's all Tasya's fault for making me love her, but yeah. That's about it.

Last edited by StegaSteph; 05-31-2019 at 09:17 AM
Old 05-31-2019, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the honest explanation, Steph

I read every single word. I'm so sorry for you that you had to go through such a worse time after Lexa died
And I'm happy for you that Echo/Becho gave you a reason to watch the show again.

When I imagine what an huge impact a Becho break up or a Echo death would have on me ... so I can totally understand your reaction after Lexa's death.

Let me know if you would like to have an Becho Icon btw.
I have saved every single Becho Icon I could find on my computer and I could post them here or send them to you per PM

They look so good together

Old 05-31-2019, 01:30 PM
New Fan

So many words though! Lol I do appreciate the understanding, though, and you taking the time to read all of that. It’s a lot to hope for Becho to pull strong throughout the series, but I really hope that they do. It took them so long to get to this point, and now they’re ready to move forward together, and that’s all I can hope for!

Their bar scene was so incredibly reassuring, and it perfectly demonstrated just how far they’ve come. It was one thing to hear those words from an intoxicated Emori but to have them parroted back to her by the man she loves? That had to hurt something fierce, but they worked through it together. Even if you look back to 6x01, their compromising skills so so much maturity and understanding. I just really love them. If anybody has lasting power on the 100, it’s them!

And I would love a Becho icon! They are absolutely beautiful together, but I don’t think I can have a custom one yet. I tried when I first made an account, but I couldn’t so I settled for my boy, Bell!

Last edited by StegaSteph; 05-31-2019 at 02:17 PM
Old 05-31-2019, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I have made plenty of Becho icons myself, they’ll be in the icon thread

Thanks for sharing your story, I know how traumatic losing that rep can be, so I don’t blame you for taking a break from the show, you gotta put your needs first. But then Becho came along and I’m glad they got you back here, Echo/Tasya gave this show a whole new life for me and for them to pair her with Bellamy/Bob is a dream, still can’t believe how lucky we are.

I think Bellamy was upset in 604 for leaving Octavia and he took that out on Echo because he loves her the most and you always take your anger out on those closest to you. But they worked through it in such a healthy manner, I’m so proud of them both.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 05-31-2019, 05:52 PM
Master Fan

I'm proud of them, too

Old 06-01-2019, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder if Josephine will talk to Bellamy about Echo, or maybe he’ll hint about Bellamy being in love with Clarke instead. It could go either way I feel.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-01-2019, 02:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome so much Steph! I am Vicky and I am a huge Clexa fan as well! I feel totally what you wrote. And I feel the same! Becho is the only reason I am somehow interested a bit in the Show again. They are not my OTP as Clexa, but I hope they are endgame.

Love the new Thread thanks for opening it!
Old 06-01-2019, 11:08 AM
Master Fan

Becks! I think you have missed your birthday wishes at the Birthday thread: http://www.fanforum.com/f34/100-birt...well-63200533/

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)
I wonder if Josephine will talk to Bellamy about Echo, or maybe he’ll hint about Bellamy being in love with Clarke instead. It could go either way I feel.
I hope it won't be the second option

I really love it that Clexa fans start watching the show again because of Echo and Becho

How did you like Season 6 and the Becho moments so far, Vicky?

How he looks at her:

Last edited by sonny1; 06-02-2019 at 02:46 PM
Old 06-03-2019, 03:37 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a little chaos (View Post)
Because Josephine doesn't appear to have any memories of Bellamy's relationship with Clarke and knows that he is with Echo from what her parents have told her, I don't think she's going to insinuate any of this. The writers had the perfect opportunity to insert this into the narrative when she saw Murphamy together, and they deliberately chose to make her say that Murphy was cute, so I think this has been successfully avoided. However, Eliza described her as "sociopathic" which she clearly is, and I'm sure she recognizes the significance of their relationship. She's likely going to use that to emotionally torment him all she can, but I do think it'll be because she knows how important Clarke and her friendship is to Bellamy. They are family, and I speculate that she's going to have a lot of "fun" with that.

I can't believe we have to wait till the 11th for new episodes! I'm so intrigued about what threat Echo and the others are going to run into or what Josephine might have done to Bellamy. She's not trying to keep the secret, but she's not exactly flaunting the fact that Clarke is "dead" either. Do you guys think she has him captive? At first, I thought she would maybe just leave him there until the serum wore off, but then I realized he'd tell everyone, and that would directly result in what Russell predicted + told her not to do. In that case, we might actually see a rescue mission? Because JC could just tell everyone he went somewhere and they'd all believe Clarke. Especially with Murphy in her corner. Hmmm...
Old 06-03-2019, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think 306 will start off with the Spacekru girls and then we’ll see Bellamy later on to add to the mystery, I feel most the scenes will be JC toying with Bellamy until he escapes because we know from the trailer he’ll probably kill or at least try to kill Russel.

As much as I’d love to see Echo rescue Bellamy, I reckon he’ll escape himself. Anyone get the feeling we ain’t getting Becho stuff for a while??? isn’t 307 a flashback episode? Probably Clarke inside the chip or something equally as trippy.

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-03-2019, 04:46 PM
New Fan

Yeah, it might be a few episodes which is okay. It's good to develop them outside of each other too. It's just painful to realize that they're both in such danger at the moment and neither of them even know. Maybe we'll get another sweet reunion like the few in season five. I'm not sure how much action we'll see because Bob said he's sitting more than usual this season (because of his leg), but you're probably right. I wonder how they're going to keep all of this quiet...

Last edited by StegaSteph; 06-03-2019 at 05:08 PM
Old 06-03-2019, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I agree, it’s nice to get some solo stuff with them, I’d hate to see either of them reduced to a relationship and I think Echo needs some Echo scenes, plus I love the Spacekru girls together.

Maybe we’ll get them mentioning each other!

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 06-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Master Fan

Let's wait and see what's coming up for them.

I'd be happy with a Echo/Spacekru girls heavy episode, too

Old 06-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

Haven’t watched the season except for a few clips and it feels like I’m watching on drugs
Old 06-04-2019, 06:47 PM
Master Fan

"On drugs" because the Becho moments are so good or because Season 6 is great in general, Mark?