Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-07-2016, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well-said. I think sometimes I even forget that Clarke is still so young, because of the fact that she's had to make so many horrendously difficult decisions on this show that even the adults can't fathom making.
I forget it too, mostly because the show doesn't mention it and they just don't do the things most teenagers do. Character like Octavia, Jasper, Monty and Miller were around 15-17 when they came to the ground. It just puts everything they've been through and how they reacted into perspective.

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
I forget it too, mostly because the show doesn't mention it and they just don't do the things most teenagers do. Character like Octavia, Jasper, Monty and Miller were around 15-17 when they came to the ground. It just puts everything they've been through and how they reacted into perspective.
They're children who were thrust into unthinkable tragic adult situations. They've had to grow up fast because of it, but they ARE still young.
ICON
Old 06-07-2016, 02:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Most of them orphans. This is making me so sad.

What's your wish for Clarke's story line/journey in the next season?

This is Raven Reyes, and I'm alive.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Police (View Post)
What's your wish for Clarke's story line/journey in the next season?
Good question. I feel like Season 3 was very much about Clarke reconciling Wanheda with herself, merging those two parts of her identity. She didn't want that Wanheda title, but she got it, and she's going to have to live with it--and on a larger scale, with what she's done--forever.

Now that Wanheda has become a part of her . . . I guess I'd like to see her really reconnect with her people again. I feel like she may still have to win some trust back from people like Jasper.

I don't necessarily know what I want in terms of a storyline. But I would definitely like to see her smile a little bit more.
ICON
Old 06-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I want to see strong, confident and smart Clarke again - I want her to be way more healed than she was at the end of season 2, and I want her to get s h * t done.

As for the storyline, no idea

Old 06-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

I wish their age was something the writers would emphasise a lot more throughout the seasons. Because we do forget, and that results in blind sighted comments on how they need to "get over this" and "get over that". As mentioned above, they were thrown into this harsh lifestyle forcing them to immediately grow up. They're (I'll use Clarke's age for example) 17/18, and most of the time viewers of the same age are the ones behind those grow up, get over it, stop crying comments - when in reality, they won't even get out of bed for school most days (I know when I was that age I wouldn't ), so I think cutting a bit of slack is quite warranted in that sense.

Okay now back to the question at hand I just want Clarke to be happy (cliche, I know). To find her "home" - and when I say this I don't mean romantically, I still want her to process and grieve in that area - I mean in relation to friendships, reconnecting with Abby, I think with all she's been through, some quality time with her mum and to rekindle their relationship is very much needed. It's hard because I really don't know how much time will be able to be spent reflecting and "taking a break" because she now has the weight of this apparent impending nuclear apocalypse on her shoulders.

you're lovely
never change
Old 06-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Poor Clarke Griffin. Always with the weight of the world on her shoulders.

I reblogged this today because I thought it was so pretty!

CREDIT
ICON
Old 06-07-2016, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedawanheda (View Post)
I wish their age was something the writers would emphasise a lot more throughout the seasons. Because we do forget, and that results in blind sighted comments on how they need to "get over this" and "get over that". As mentioned above, they were thrown into this harsh lifestyle forcing them to immediately grow up. They're (I'll use Clarke's age for example) 17/18, and most of the time viewers of the same age are the ones behind those grow up, get over it, stop crying comments - when in reality, they won't even get out of bed for school most days (I know when I was that age I wouldn't ), so I think cutting a bit of slack is quite warranted in that sense.

That's exactly it, though - we expect these YOUNG characters to constantly make mature, sound decisions at the drop of a hat. It's completely unrealistic to think that way.

Clarke has done enough and been through enough to cover like, the lifetimes of three people combined.

Next season she deserves to smile more than 3-4 times!

Old 06-07-2016, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Imagine if the season premieres and we get, like, a really big, really unexpected smile out of her! I know it's not likely, but one can dream!
ICON
Old 06-07-2016, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You mean, like this?!

(what is that )

Old 06-07-2016, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

^ I was legit just about to post the same gif, how funny is that

LOVE that fan art!

you're lovely
never change
Old 06-07-2016, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's definitely her biggest smile, yet it happened in the pilot...right before something horrible happened of course

Old 06-07-2016, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

*clears throat and switches voice to Steve Irwin-type voice* "And here we have the rarest of creatures, a smiling Clarke Griffin right here in the wilderness. Be careful, don't get too close. We don't want to disturb her. But take a look at that."

ICON
Old 06-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Poor Clarke, girl really deserves to smile more often. As for a storyline, I hope to see her still in a leadership role, but not on her own. I want to see her work with others and give in to getting help from people like Kane and Abby, so that she doesn't have everyone just expecting her to figure it out on her own. I want her to work with her friends and have them have light moments too, and I really just want her to be able to relax a bit and not feel so bad about herself all the time.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 06-07-2016, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

pretty art!

she better get to smile this season.