Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2017, 07:45 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
I'm already dead and gone, I'm telling you He needs to cool it ( jk never ever) for an episode lol

but you guys, SASSY BELLAMY BLAKE? Perfection. He's 1000% done with Echo and Ice Nation's S*&^%

Bellamy looks like Raven when she is sassy
Old 03-02-2017, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Them gifs. Can't think. Can't speak.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sassy!Bellamy. He was so done with Echo. Bless. (again, I like her but I can understand his frustration with the Grounders' ways)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose13 (View Post)
You guys, look at his eyes Like you mentioned, they're red, they're puffy, and there's ACTUAL TEARS IN HIS EYES IN THAT SCENE. oh my god. Bob Morley is an absolute gift to watch
Ugh, he was so good in that scene. The level of emotion that he conveyed with a single look ... also, the shift in his expression when he realised that Octavia might be alive.

soljae ♥
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 03-02-2017, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

So now that I've gushed I actually have a huge bone to pick and it pains me to say this.

I really really don't like this Bellamy and Echo dynamic. I thought I did but I truly don't as each episode goes on. I don't like what the writers are trying to do with her.
I understand that Bellamy figured out and found out Octavia was live but Echo was the one who almost killed her. ECHO Stabbed her. Echo killed one of their people (Stevens?) in front of him for no reason. I don't like that Bellamy is almost....I don't know what the word is that I'm looking for. H's not mad enough. He's not angry enough in my opinion. I'm not saying he has to go full on s3- no. What I'm saying is that there needs to be more animosity towards Echo. He was shackled and taken as their prisoner for pete's sake. SHE ALMOST KILLED IS HIS SISTER for all he knew. That's not nothing. I don't care to see that ultimately Echo is good and they almost see why each other does the things they do. It's no enough in the narrative in the moment. I know we got that line in the woods about the chain and what would have happened if Octavia truly had died but something is off in my opinion.

Basically I think we need a break from Echo.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

BOB'S ACTING WAS EVERYTHING THIS EPISODE !! GIVE HIM AN EMMY !!

Rose: I undersatnd the feeling. I was frustrated too. But then it makes sense, in regards of Bellamy's mindset this season. He is too traumatised by his actions in season 3 to really take the blame on someone and is acting all peaceful, maybe even a little too much.
Same thing happened to Kane.

Icon by Sarah

To the Sky King : Bellamy Blake
Old 03-02-2017, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love sassy Bellamy!

Rose I agree. I said in the episode thread that I liked Echo better this week, but I also feel like I shouldn't. I mean I know why she's done these things and why she would kill Octavia in that instance, but I agree that Bellamy should have been a little colder to her...or something. But I guess he had to play it super cool to not stir the pot. I don't know.

Old 03-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, also, I mean, he had figured out that Octavia was alive, so that changed it.

I'm not an Echo fan, as everybody knows.

Okay, his eyes when they take the hood off . . . I didn't notice it until now, but damn, they are red and tear-filled. My god, this man! He just . . . ugh, I can't stop gushing about him right now!

And when he's holding Octavia at the end, literally watching the Ark fall apart . . . it's like part of him doesn't even care, because his sister's alive.
ICON
Old 03-02-2017, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I get what you mean, Rose and I do agree to some extent. A lot of it, as it's been pointed out, is because of Octavia being alive. I think he would have acted a lot differently around Echo if he hadn't known that by that point. And like Margaux said, it's reminiscent of Kane acting differently after a traumatic event.

But yes, based on what we know about Echo's actions, starting with her role in Gina's death ... his reaction just doesn't reflect how he should feel about her.

Did everyone like Bellamy's speech? I found it a bit heavy handed in the sense that I don't know if TPTB were trying to justify Bellamy's season 3 actions ... don't get me wrong, Bob pulled it off as always but something about that scene didn't sit well with me.

soljae ♥
Old 03-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I've actually never gotten the sense that they're trying to justify his actions. And I feel like the show has done that, at certain points, with certain characters. But I just totally felt like Bellamy was using his own mistakes as a cautionary tale for Riley, to talk him down.

I know in 4x03 we had Jaha telling him he doesn't need redemption, but I think Bellamy will always feels like he needs redemption. And part of that redemption is preventing other people from going down the same dark path.
ICON
Old 03-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I get your point but I also feel that it's important for Bellamy to actually vocalise that at some point so that it's clear that the writers are not trying to justify his actions in any way ... I know it was hinted upon in episode 3 when he said that he won't be amongst the 100 people on the list, but I just feel like it should be made clearer. I do appreciate them showing how hard he's trying to keep others from falling into the same path that he did.

soljae ♥
Old 03-02-2017, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Queen (View Post)

Did everyone like Bellamy's speech? I found it a bit heavy handed in the sense that I don't know if TPTB were trying to justify Bellamy's season 3 actions ... don't get me wrong, Bob pulled it off as always but something about that scene didn't sit well with me.
Yup - I brushed aside the heavy-handedness because it's important that Bellamy realises these things/the audience realises he realises these things. I would have liked him to have a discussion like this with a character I actually care about, not some rando like Riley. A bit of the dialogue was a bit clunky and bordering on cheesy, but because it was Bob he sold me anyway

Old 03-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart Queen (View Post)
I get your point but I also feel that it's important for Bellamy to actually vocalise that at some point so that it's clear that the writers are not trying to justify his actions in any way ... I know it was hinted upon in episode 3 when he said that he won't be amongst the 100 people on the list, but I just feel like it should be made clearer. I do appreciate them showing how hard he's trying to keep others from falling into the same path that he did.
Hmm. I guess I hadn't thought about it this way. I get what you're saying. I don't know, right now it just feels super clear to me, and as long as the show keeps showing me that Bellamy isn't justifying his actions (despite the fact that other characters might), I don't need Bellamy himself to vocalize it. Kind of like . . . I don't need him to say what I already know? Does that make sense? It makes sense in my head, but I don't know if it makes sense here.

Basically, a scene like we had in 4x05 . . . the fact that he's referencing his own experience as a way to prevent someone else from making that same mistake shows me that he knows what a horrible mistake it was.

I need to rewatch the convo, too.
ICON
Old 03-03-2017, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The relieved / hopeful expression on his face was heart-wrenching and maybe Bob Morley should stop being such a good actor because this is too much (never stop).
I'm with Toni
(this part is about Bellamy finding out / believing Octavia's still alive)
Old 03-03-2017, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that!

Honestly, Bob is one of the best actors on TV, and we've said it before, but I wish the CW would get more Emmy award consideration, because he certainly deserves some recognition (as does much of the cast).
ICON
Old 03-03-2017, 06:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that!

Honestly, Bob is one of the best actors on TV, and we've said it before, but I wish the CW would get more Emmy award consideration, because he certainly deserves some recognition (as does much of the cast).
ICON