Old 04-29-2016, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

See you later Rose!

Old 04-29-2016, 01:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Later Rose!

This is so spot on IMHO:

Quote:
This is so important. A lot of people don’t seem to understand just how healthy Bellamy and Clarke’s relationship is. They’ve always been honest with one another, they’ve always supported one another and even when they don’t agree with one another they still talk about it.

Bellamy being so frank and open, stating exactly what the problem is, admitting that he still feels that way and then saying he doesn’t want to feel this way anymore is so mature. He didn’t blame her for anything, he stopped using sarcasm (the Wanheda comment before this conversation) to camouflage his feelings. This is how you work out your issues as an adult. This is a good foundation for any type of relationship.

He’s still angry with Clarke but the statement “I don’t want to feel that way anymore” is an acknowledgment that he wants to work on fixing and healing their relationship, and rebuilding the trust that’s been broken. These are the types of conversations you should be having in your romantic relationships, honestly in all of your relationships.
bellamyblakeprotectionsquad2k16
Old 04-29-2016, 01:22 PM
Elite Fan

So spot on, I have not seen a more healthy relationship on tv ever. It is amazing.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Well I was out till nearly midnight last night, then my internet decided to only cooperate long enough last night to let me post on the episode thread. I was in the middle of trying to get caught up here when it decided it was done for the night. But as I was stuck on the OP for a bit and looking at their previous hugs it occurred to me how different each hug is as well as the circumstances surrounding the hugs.

So in their fist hug from 2x05 there is such relief in each of their faces that the other is even alive. I mean it was not long before that Clarke had every reason to believe Bellamy dead but desperately hoped she was wrong. Bellamy similarly believed Clarke at least captive somewhere if not dead. He hadn’t even registered who it was when this blonde creature flung herself into his arms.

Their second hug was different. There was a deep sadness there on both parts as they said goodbye. They had just committed genocide together and were still reeling from that. Bellamy so desperately wanted Clarke to stay but she just couldn’t. So they said goodbye with no idea of when they may see the other again.

This was the first hug that wasn’t a hello or goodbye. This hug was all about comfort and being unified. The look on Clarke’s face as she rests in Bellamy’s arms is completely at peace. Probably the most she’s felt in a long time. She’s home. And the way Bellamy’s face is first buried in Clarke’s hair but then he pulls his head up to simply rest on her shoulder? He’s ready to just sit and enjoy that embrace for a while. The solace these two find in each other is wonderful.

Also, I’m so glad Bellamy reminded her that he was angry at her for leaving. That wasn’t something he just threw at her in the heat of the moment in 3x05. It’s something that’s been eating away at him. It’s a huge step that he’s wanting and willing to let that go. Similarly, I’m pleased she said “we need each other” rather than stating again she needs him. Bellamy has never verbally stated to anyone that he needs Clarke, but it’s clear to anyone with eyes that he does. And it’s not something she was even thinking about when she left. Based on her reaction to his outburst in 3x05 she legit thought he would get along just fine without her. So this was her way of acknowledging what he’s never been able to tell her - that he needs her just as much as she needs him.

And so I believe if they ever are separated again it won’t be by either’s choice. I think this is the moment in which they both acknowledge how much they truly need each other and are better together.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenni727 (View Post)
Well I was out till nearly midnight last night, then my internet decided to only cooperate long enough last night to let me post on the episode thread. I was in the middle of trying to get caught up here when it decided it was done for the night. But as I was stuck on the OP for a bit and looking at their previous hugs it occurred to me how different each hug is as well as the circumstances surrounding the hugs.

So in their fist hug from 2x05 there is such relief in each of their faces that the other is even alive. I mean it was not long before that Clarke had every reason to believe Bellamy dead but desperately hoped she was wrong. Bellamy similarly believed Clarke at least captive somewhere if not dead. He hadn’t even registered who it was when this blonde creature flung herself into his arms.

Their second hug was different. There was a deep sadness there on both parts as they said goodbye. They had just committed genocide together and were still reeling from that. Bellamy so desperately wanted Clarke to stay but she just couldn’t. So they said goodbye with no idea of when they may see the other again.

This was the first hug that wasn’t a hello or goodbye. This hug was all about comfort and being unified. The look on Clarke’s face as she rests in Bellamy’s arms is completely at peace. Probably the most she’s felt in a long time. She’s home. And the way Bellamy’s face is first buried in Clarke’s hair but then he pulls his head up to simply rest on her shoulder? He’s ready to just sit and enjoy that embrace for a while. The solace these two find in each other is wonderful.

Also, I’m so glad Bellamy reminded her that he was angry at her for leaving. That wasn’t something he just threw at her in the heat of the moment in 3x05. It’s something that’s been eating away at him. It’s a huge step that he’s wanting and willing to let that go. Similarly, I’m pleased she said “we need each other” rather than stating again she needs him. Bellamy has never verbally stated to anyone that he needs Clarke, but it’s clear to anyone with eyes that he does. And it’s not something she was even thinking about when she left. Based on her reaction to his outburst in 3x05 she legit thought he would get along just fine without her. So this was her way of acknowledging what he’s never been able to tell her - that he needs her just as much as she needs him.

And so I believe if they ever are separated again it won’t be by either’s choice. I think this is the moment in which they both acknowledge how much they truly need each other and are better together.
This was so spot on Kenni!
And yes i really loved too how she said 'we need each other' instead of 'i need you'. It reinforced what i think they are doing since ep 3x11, extabilishing them as equals. They BOTH need each other to be the best versions of themselves, to lead their people in the best way as possible.
I think too it's possible they are going to be separated again at some point BUT like you said it will be a forced thing, not by choice and even if it happens, emotionally they will still be linked instead of being separated like they were after s2.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:23 PM
Ultimate Fan

I requested this gif. First gif request hehe.

1.09 | 2.16 | 3.13

Source
Old 04-29-2016, 02:25 PM
Elite Fan

I love that, they finally had a drink!

Old 04-29-2016, 02:28 PM
Banned

Old 04-29-2016, 03:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love this thread, I swear I am cracking up one second and crying the next

I am still not over everything, I think I rewatched their scenes a 100th times... The total honesty from Bellamy, he just straight out told her he was lost without her and he never wants to live without her again, he doesnt want to feel that pain again. Clarke is very reserved but with him she shows her feelings. I loved how Clarke told him they need each other, how she was the one to reach out and give him a hug of comfort (WHEN have these two ever just randomly hugged each other without it being a goodbye or nice-to-see-you're-alive??), and that she told him "together" before they took the drink. Once again the writers are connecting their lines, making them say the same things in different episodes just to show us how they are the exact same person on the inside.

Clarke looked at peace in his arms and can we just talk about Bellamy-"Hey I'm a tough guy with guns!!"-Blake being a total cute puppy hugging her and inhaling her. And the way he just rested his chin on her shoulder "Yeah imma stay here." He probably noticed the creeps in the water some seconds before but wanted to rest his head, inhaling her a little bit longer before freaking out

Stiles ღ Lydia
Old 04-29-2016, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey, guys!

Welcome, Together.

Soooooo . . . I'm still functioning on only 4 hours of sleep last night, and it's the craziest thing, because I do not feel tired at all! (Not right now, at least. ) Bellarke is giving me LIFE!

Quote:
"Because good things come to those who wait."
Becks, you should get drunk more often. I love that title idea! (Add it to the list, Lee!)

Someone vote in the Survivor, too! (Or we could just decide that the one that currently has the most votes is out. )

I haven't gotten to rewatch the episode yet, but I plan to do that tonight! It's going to take me a while to get around to it, though. Gotta do some posting here, crawl around on Tumblr, watch/read some reviews, etc.

^This . . . is sort of what I want for my icon right now, even though it's dark. I just love the reluctant untangling from each other. (Those ****ing sea grounders--sea grounders? Is that an oxymoron?--whatever. Those sea grounders interrupted the moment!)
ICON
Old 04-29-2016, 03:43 PM
Absolute Fan

So am I the only one confused by how different the hug came out in the episode???? the shots especially of their faces looked sooooo different in the promo..

R.I.P Nelsan Ellis.. "Being different gives the world color"
Old 04-29-2016, 04:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Leelala I am confused about that too. How many shots did they take of the hug? Those two were probably hugging each other nonstop for 3 hours

I love this
Quote:
Bellamy told Clarke it was hard for him to forgive people, right before he forgave her. And he meant for her to realize the significance of it. That she holds a special place in his heart, that he understands her choices even if he doesn’t always agree, and that it exhausts him to stand on the opposite side of her. He wants her to know that he breathes easier when they’re together. Bellamy basically delivered Clarke a love letter in the span of 3 sentences and I am not over it

Stiles ღ Lydia
Old 04-29-2016, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
That she holds a special place in his heart, that he understands her choices even if he doesn’t always agree
I love this part, especially. Because it's so true for BOTH of them. They both will always understand each other--really, they're the only 2 characters who are capable of understanding each other on such a deep level. Bellamy might think Clarke is wrong sometimes (i.e. leaving after MW), and Clarke might think Bellamy is wrong sometimes (i.e. joining up with Pike). But at the end of the day, they won't judge each other for those decisions because they know EXACTLY what it feels like to have to make those decisions. Especially since they've had to make those decisions TOGETHER so many times.
ICON
Old 04-29-2016, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

I am adding it.

I tried to make that into an icon but it is so dark I got frustrated and gave up, April.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay . . . I'll find another one then.

Thanks for being my icon-maker in addition to my murder buddy.
ICON