Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-10-2016, 01:40 AM
Elite Fan

Morning Paula

Really liked the parallels you drew up Margaux.
Not a huge fan of THG but I can see where you're coming from!

Kate | art thread | tumblr | icon
Old 11-10-2016, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay Becks; the video is very nicely edited
I just don't like the concept

Old 11-10-2016, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

for me au vids are almost MORE fun because it feels like im getting newer scenes/storylines in a way.
Old 11-10-2016, 02:38 AM
Elite Fan

the vid is well done

Not a fan of AU either though

Old 11-10-2016, 02:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
for me au vids are almost MORE fun because it feels like im getting newer scenes/storylines in a way.
Gosh, it's been so long since we've been online at the same time.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like AU vids for that same reason, Alexa!

Have a good day, you guys!
ICON
Old 11-10-2016, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
I do indeed almost always use my own icons
I kinda like that I have a recognizable style
You really do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellfoy (View Post)
Yes as Peeta and honestly even if I am not the biggest fan of Josh Hutcherson as Peeta, I'm glad Alex Pettyfer didn't get the role (he refused because he was shooting a movie) because I don't think that he could have pulled Peeta's innocence, he is too cocky.

It's funny that you mention The Hunger Games because I was thinking that Katniss and Bellamy are a little bit alike : they can be seen as cold and merciless but are fiery on the inside and would do anything to protect the people they love (Prim&Peeta for Katniss and Octavia&Clarke for Bellamy). Now that I think about it, they both entered the mess because they wanted to protect and save their little sister that they actually raised...

They are a lot of parallels that you can draw between Katniss/Peeta and Clarke/Bellamy besides. Katniss and Peeta are another good example of challenged gender role.

This made me realised that most of my OTP consist in a dark haired and blond haired pair with opposite personnality. I guess I just like contrast
Another THG and Peeta/Katniss shipper, YAS. It's funny that you mentioned that because the THG fans/PK fans in here aka me, Lisa and Kenni have discussed this a few times actually ... the parallels between PK and BC are quite interesting. And they also defy traditional gender roles, like you said, and both have a fierce loyalty for their own/their family. They also have tragic paths which they take together and which no else could truly ever understand; and they are forever altered by the brutal decisions they had to make.

We also discussed HP characterisation/personalities when it comes to Bellamy and Clarke's individual characterisations ... it gets really deep and interesting in here.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 11-10-2016, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

hunger games and harry potter?
I'm out of that discussion.

But I love the gifs Sarah!

Old 11-10-2016, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's weird because most Clexa shippers love AU. I think that's obvious why though. We even currently have a AU survivor going. How much do you guys know about Lexark and what do you think?

Question then, if you had to pick which do you prefer and why?

Bellamy/MaleClarke or Clarke/FemBellamy?

icon by Mel • lachlan ♚
Old 11-10-2016, 08:15 AM
Master Fan

Well you can add me to the list of people that like Hunger Gsmes and ship P/K. I have to confess that I never compressions between katniss and Belleamy but know that you mentioned them I can not believe that I never saw them before .

-Lisa-
Old 11-10-2016, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Haha, knew you'd say that, Kate.

I'll go with Bellamy/MaleClarke, Becks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisagslack14 (View Post)
Well you can add me to the list of people that like Hunger Gsmes and ship P/K. I have to confess that I never compressions between katniss and Belleamy but know that you mentioned them I can not believe that I never saw them before .
YAS, Lisa. Yeah, Peeta is the more emotionally driven one (ala Bellamy) and Katniss/Clarke share some similar personality traits though Clarke is a tad more approachable and warm compared to Katniss, I would say. Peeta and Bellamy are also better in inspiring the masses. But also, Clarke/Peeta are the strategists while Bellamy/Katniss are the doers/executioners of the plans.

So, there are many overlapping characteristics in terms of them individually as well as them as a pairing.

I'll link you girls up to the discussion posts if I ever find them and if you're interested to read them. We definitely discussed this during the hiatus. They're quite lengthy too.

There's nothing more human than l o v e.
the CEO & demon
do do hee ♥ jeong gu won
Sarah | tumblr | little splashes of colour + credit
Old 11-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

And Clarke and Peeta are both artist.

Becks, I think I will go with Bellamy/Male Clarke for no other reason that I noticed that I ship easily M/M relationship but not F/F for some reasons. I have a few M/M on my OTP but no F/F. Then the 100 is the first show I watched with a F/F which might explain it. But even in books... I think I am just more moved by a man in love.

Kate: What do you have against HP and THG ?
Old 11-10-2016, 11:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I just love how, in the second gif, Clarke moves smoothly to let Bellamy kick the guy ass without even looking at him. Like she totally expected it and can predict Bellamy's moves without even glancing at him.
Same! It was the first thing I noticed it might be a deleted scene, guys. When I get to this normal-haired!Clarke part I'll check it for you God, I love the way they're always in sync

I'm with April on the gender swap video. It's a very well done video and Alex really does look like a male Clarke, but gay Bellarke, either way, becomes predictable Bellarke, as it somehow erases the "no gender roles" part we love about the ship.

Well, Alex will always be my Jace Herondale/Wayland/Lightwood/Morgenstern/whatever. As for Peeta, I don't think Josh pulled it off either. He lacked Peeta's smoothness, joy and charisma. I really love Peeta in the books, but I couldn't care less about movie!Peeta, sadly.

Quote:
Now that I think about it, they both entered the mess because they wanted to protect and save their little sister that they actually raised...
Now that you mention it, it's definitely there. Katniss really annoys me in the books and Bellamy couldn't ever, but they do have lots of similarities, as well as early s1 Clarke and Peeta.

Quote:
This made me realised that most of my OTP consist in a dark haired and blond haired pair with opposite personnality.
same! I was making a list of my current ships the other day and I was like "wait, they're nearly all blonde/brunette opposites o.o". I guess I just love contrasts too

Well, my most recent huge shipping addiction was a pairing consisted of two brunettes who were pretty similar in thoughts and personalities, but they did have different skin tonalities, ok? slightly. The actress was BobMorley colored, however we decided to call that skin tone.

Speaking of Peeniss (and I called it like this since they called it Team Toast, those glorious pre-movies days on deviantart... anyway lol), this is a rare case in which I ship a pairing in the books, but not in the movies. Go figure. I just really disliked Josh as Peeta and he didn't work, for me, so well with Jennifer as a pairing... They seemed more like siblings. I do love them on the books, though. I like her with both, but I prefer her and Gale in the movies and her and Peeta in the books lol

Quote:
It's weird because most Clexa shippers love AU. I think that's obvious why though.
Well, I wouldn't call canon-divergence AU, so I don't see why. In fact, I don't get why this fandom loves AU so much at all Lexark must be like Grounder!Bellamy or grounder!Clarke, right? I know that, were I a shipper, I'd go for FTWD!Clarke for sure, so that's kind of explained, but as a sidenote. I'd still be more focused in fics where Lexa lived, you know?

Not a spoiler, just not sure what we have to censor or not on language.
Spoiler:

I'd still choose Male/Female no gender roles Bellarke anyday, though.

And I agree with Sarah, personality-wise Clarke is more of a Katniss and Bellamy more of a Peeta, but Peeta is the blonde artsy one and Katniss is the bold bow and arrow one who does everything for the sake of her sister.

Quote:
for no other reason that I noticed that I ship easily M/M relationship but not F/F for some reasons.
Same. I ship Lena/Stef and Sansaery, and I'd easily ship either Raven/Lexa or Octavia/Lexa, but I do tend to ship more m/m than f/f. Possibly because I naturally wait for my favorite females to get gorgeous epic men so I can satisfy my own eyes

Quote:
I think I am just more moved by a man in love.
Same.

My icon's scene right there

Quote:
We also discussed HP characterisation/personalities when it comes to Bellamy and Clarke's individual characterisations ... it gets really deep and interesting in here.
Really? I can only think of Murphy/Draco and HHr/Bellarke as duos, not personality-wise.

ETA
speaking of comparisons, Modern Family's Phill and Claire always remind me of older modern AU bellarke

ETA2

Aaaawe, look at Bellamy having fun with their kid
"Because I love you, you idiot!"

Last edited by AnaMack; 11-10-2016 at 12:31 PM
Old 11-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaMack (View Post)
God, I love the way they're always in sync

I'm with April on the gender swap video. It's a very well done video and Alex really does look like a male Clarke, but gay Bellarke, either way, becomes predictable Bellarke, as it somehow erases the "no gender roles" part we love about the ship.

Well, Alex will always be my Jace Herondale/Wayland/Lightwood/Morgenstern/whatever. As for Peeta, I don't think Josh pulled it off either. He lacked Peeta's smoothness, joy and charisma. I really love Peeta in the books, but I couldn't care less about movie!Peeta, sadly.

Now that you mention it, it's definitely there. Katniss really annoys me in the books and Bellamy couldn't ever, but they do have lots of similarities, as well as early s1 Clarke and Peeta.

same! I was making a list of my current ships the other day and I was like "wait, they're nearly all blonde/brunette opposites o.o". I guess I just love contrasts too

Speaking of Peeniss (and I called it like this since they called it Team Toast, those glorious pre-movies days on deviantart... anyway lol), this is a rare case in which I ship a pairing in the books, but not in the movies. Go figure. I just really disliked Josh as Peeta and he didn't work, for me, so well with Jennifer as a pairing... They seemed more like siblings. I do love them on the books, though. I like her with both, but I prefer her and Gale in the movies and her and Peeta in the books lol

I'd still choose Male/Female no gender roles Bellarke anyday, though.

And I agree with Sarah, personality-wise Clarke is more of a Katniss and Bellamy more of a Peeta, but Peeta is the blonde artsy one and Katniss is the bold bow and arrow one who does everything for the sake of her sister.

Same.

My icon's scene right there

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH ALL OF THAT. You're awesome ! (except for the H/Hr shipper bit )

I don't like Josh as Peeta (he lacks the charisma of Book!Peeta)but I still don't ship Gale/Katniss even in the movies.

Yeah Alex Pettyfer is the perfect Jace !

Sansaery ? You watch GoT ? I'm a total hardcore fan !
Old 11-10-2016, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellfoy (View Post)
Kate: What do you have against HP and THG ?
Margaux, I have nothing against either

Never read THG books so I cannot speak to that. But the movies just left me a bit meh
First one was ok but then from there it went downhill for me. Sorry, just my opinion.

And I have never read nor watched any HP, so I'm out of the discussion simply because I have no clue. Never had any interest in it, simple as that.