Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2010, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

He is actually part of the reason, I decided to check this show out. I knew he was going to be on it and I watched the last two episodes and now I'm hooked! I've been telling everyone on the Degrassi boards, how they need to watch LUX for Sam/Landon!
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Old 11-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

Added you Hannah

Oh! You're a degrassi watcher? Care to debrief us on Landon's role on there? I've read mixed things where people didn't like him as well as people really liking him on there.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Add me as well Cristal. I can't wait to see how everything goes down on Thanksgiving
Old 11-19-2010, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

Well for me personally, I loved him. In fact he was and still is my favorite character. He is pretty much this preppy guy who is a bit of a womanizer at first (until he falls in love with this one girl) who was full of wit and charm. He could seriously break your heart sometimes.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyandChucklover1 (View Post)
He is actually part of the reason, I decided to check this show out. I knew he was going to be on it and I watched the last two episodes and now I'm hooked! I've been telling everyone on the Degrassi boards, how they need to watch LUX for Sam/Landon!
You're a new viewer and already spreading the LUX love. You are the definition of awesome.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkPunk88 (View Post)
You're a new viewer and already spreading the LUX love. You are the definition of awesome.
Awhh well I try! Thanks you though! In my own little world, I think Landon could save this show. Will it happen? Probably not, but whatever.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Awhh well I try! Thanks you though! In my own little world, I think Landon could save this show. Will it happen? Probably not, but whatever.
You're welcome

I think he totally could too. He should have been introduced sooner.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Elite Fan

Added you Nat! Hannah is a renewed viewer I seen her posting before and so glad to have you back I hear about degrassi alot but never checked it out myself. I'm tempted to find clips of Landon in that role.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks Cristal
Old 11-19-2010, 10:43 PM
Elite Fan

Glad to be back. So seriously, you guys are so nice over here. I don't think I've been more welcomed to a board in....forever.

Yeah it's so hard to find good clips of him on Degrassi. I attempted to find this one clip with him and his twin sister, where he is crying. It's pretty emotional.
Old 11-19-2010, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Added you Nat! Hannah is a renewed viewer I seen her posting before and so glad to have you back
I thought that might be the case. SN looked familiar.

Quote:
Glad to be back. So seriously, you guys are so nice over here. I don't think I've been more welcomed to a board in....forever.

Yeah it's so hard to find good clips of him on Degrassi. I attempted to find this one clip with him and his twin sister, where he is crying. It's pretty emotional.
This board is probably one of the nicest I've ever been a part of. I love that we all get along so well.

That sounds like a scene that would make me cry. Guys crying or anywhere close to crying is a serious weakness of mine. I always end up in tears.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:15 PM
Elite Fan

This board is incredibly awesome and super respectful to each other, that's why I love it here. I think it really reflects the essence of the show and what Liz & Co has given us and we just continue it here But I completely understand, there are fandoms that I'm still afraid to venture into because things get scary or you get ignored

Oh that I have to see! The video Lisa posted, I was actually pretty impressed by Landon's character getting worked up. Some actors can pull off emotional scenes really well but I hate when the tears are so forced that you roll your eyes. Like - no offense to any fan - but Hilary Duff...omg...at least her much earlier stuff I wanted her to never attempt at crying onscreen again But if Landon can do it, I'd love to see Sam get to some point like that
Old 11-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh that I have to see! The video Lisa posted, I was actually pretty impressed by Landon's character getting worked up. Some actors can pull off emotional scenes really well but I hate when the tears are so forced that you roll your eyes. Like - no offense to any fan - but Hilary Duff...omg...at least her much earlier stuff I wanted her to never attempt at crying onscreen again But if Landon can do it, I'd love to see Sam get to some point like that
I like her, but I agree. That reminds me of the 'A Cinderella Story' commentary and Chad saying that she was one of the best criers he's ever worked with and I was like seriously? Did he forget about his OTH co-stars? Because they could cry buckets around her.

I'd totally love if we got something really meaty with Sam. He should get something. He has some abandonment issues with his parents shipping him off to boarding school and not being able to deal with him. He needs to voice that in an awesomely emotional scene.
Old 11-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
This board is incredibly awesome and super respectful to each other, that's why I love it here. I think it really reflects the essence of the show and what Liz & Co has given us and we just continue it here But I completely understand, there are fandoms that I'm still afraid to venture into because things get scary or you get ignored

I know of Landon from a previous show he was on called Degrassi. He can really pull off emotional scenes. He's a good actor.

Here's one of his scenes from the show if you wanna check it out.

YouTube - Declan confronts Fiona

And another one

YouTube - Declan/Holly J "Degrassi Takes Manhattan"

It really isn't good quality, but it's something.

Last edited by DollyJfan4life; 11-20-2010 at 03:44 PM
Old 11-20-2010, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for those.

I'm so impatient, I looked up what potential scene Hannah meant last night and came across that one in multiple fanvids so I figured that was it and downloaded the Degrassi Takes Manhattan movie just to watch it.