Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-10-2010, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you Rachel. You're right it is a fan forum! Its so much better, at least to me to focus on the good then the bad.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I am most upset about the lack of lux/cate and lux/baze time. That was just wrong. IDC about eric/lux or emma/baze. CR atleast made some sense, but seriously no no no no no to these other two. They could have balanced off cr stuff with lux/cate and lux/baze time.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunkPunk88 (View Post)
I want to know who was in charge of wardrobe the day of those court scenes. I was seriously WTF-ing at what they had Cate and Lux in. They were the most unflattering outfits ever.
Totally agree. Lux looked like she was dressed like a 40 yr old.

Katia is in charge of wardrobe!! Liz has posted pics of her before.

I think a lot of the wardrobe is bad this year esp Cates it only has made her look much too old and sometimes even like she gained alot of weight.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by covington (View Post)
I am most upset about the lack of lux/cate and lux/baze time. That was just wrong. IDC about eric/lux or emma/baze. CR atleast made some sense, but seriously no no no no no to these other two. They could have balanced off cr stuff with lux/cate and lux/baze time.
I think that is almost everyone's biggest thing! I understand the need for new characters and I even didn't mind most of it but they should have cut back on them so much. We definitely didn't need so much Eric and Emma, even though I like the characters and the stories with them I would have much rather been watching a family scene because that is what made me fall in love with the show. I do understand that it can't always all be about family like most of last year but this year it was almost nothing. I think they needed to find a balance. Liz wanted the family stuff and CW wanted the drama, the show needs both but you have to find the right balance to make the show good.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:32 PM
Master Fan

Agreed. We needed a much better balance. It's been like 85/15 and I might be being generous with those numbers.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Liz wanted the family stuff and CW wanted the drama, the show needs both but you have to find the right balance to make the show good.
I think the CW is run by morons, because we didn't need new characters to create drama.

For instance, rather than do a PLL storyline with Lux and Eric, it could have been a mentor storyline. The drama could've come by Lux being accepted by her peers before Tasha came back, and Lux finding that she was starting have more in common with her new friends than Tasha after she came back. Lux could've felt torn because some of her classmate are good friends too. It would've made it much more complicated than Lux choosing people who treat her like crap over Tasha.

I honestly don't mind C/R's issues so that storyline could've stayed, and as an added bonus, it creates drama.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Reign

Quote:
Absolutely. I think that's everyone's biggest complaint. All of the CR drama makes sense, and I didn't mind it. But, they definitely needed a better balance with the other characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelface211 (View Post)
I think that is almost everyone's biggest thing! I understand the need for new characters and I even didn't mind most of it but they should have cut back on them so much. We definitely didn't need so much Eric and Emma, even though I like the characters and the stories with them I would have much rather been watching a family scene because that is what made me fall in love with the show. I do understand that it can't always all be about family like most of last year but this year it was almost nothing. I think they needed to find a balance. Liz wanted the family stuff and CW wanted the drama, the show needs both but you have to find the right balance to make the show good.
Agreed. I understand that things can't always be about the family. I didn't necessarily mind the new characters...or at least I liked/understood most of it. It was just too much, and I missed the family. It would have been better if Liz could have at least spaced out the introduction of all of these characters over the span of a couple seasons. It was just a lot all at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessofYouth (View Post)
I think the CW is run by morons, because we didn't need new characters to create drama.

For instance, rather than do a PLL storyline with Lux and Eric, it could have been a mentor storyline. The drama could've come by Lux being accepted by her peers before Tasha came back, and Lux finding that she was starting have more in common with her new friends than Tasha after she came back. Lux could've felt torn because some of her classmate are good friends too. It would've made it much more complicated than Lux choosing people who treat her like crap over Tasha.

I honestly don't mind C/R's issues so that storyline could've stayed, and as an added bonus, it creates drama.
Again, agreed. New characters were not necessary to create drama - at least not so many all at once. The characters we fell in love with in Season 1 are compelling enough.

That's a great idea about the Lux/Tasha friendship at school. In Camp Grounded, I found it really interesting that Tasha was the one who wanted to "belong" and do things with the group, and Lux was the one who felt like she was being left behind. A bit of a role reversal. It would have been interesting to explore that dynamic more - especially with Tasha dating Jones, the popular quarterback, and being part of the Homecoming court.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Total Fan

I think the show would of been better had we just helped out w/ the writing! It's the fans who watch who keep shows on air so maybe actually if they had said hey lets get the fans input, what do they want to see on LUX. This show could of been highly successful...and to think they wouldn't have even had to pay us
Old 12-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Elite Fan

Cw execs need to hang out in forums to get the real scoop. That's what it is
Old 12-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Dedicated Fan

No problem Rachel. I've been down the "if you don't have anything good to say......" route before but even the unhappy fans have valid opinions.

I just think there were a lot of golden opportunities at family scenes that were totally missed. In this last episode I think it should have Cate and Baze convincing Lux that testifying would not cost her their love and respect not kiddy lecher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristalBuddy (View Post)
Cw execs need to hang out in forums to get the real scoop. That's what it is
Supposedly they do troll the websites and read fan mail. Fat lot of good it does them.

Last edited by angelface211; 12-10-2010 at 05:32 PM
Old 12-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

I actually didn't mind the new characters--(except for emma). It was just an overabundance. I thought the show was working great for the first 6 episodes it's after 8 that they dropped the ball.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ya they shouldn't have all came at once. Kelly was useless and I hated her and Paige was pretty funny but had no point and she didn't even really get interaction with Ryan which I found dumb
Old 12-11-2010, 08:18 AM
Total Fan

I didn't mind Emma. In fact out of all of them she was the only one that didn't bug me. Couldnt stand Paige or Kelly either and of course I could of done without Eric. Or like some stated it would be fine for him to be there if he was just that to Lux a mentor and not for a relationship. If Bug had to go I would of much rather Lux try it out with Jones although I did like Jones with Tasha. And of coures the Julia storyline just made it all a big mess.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
I didn't mind Emma. In fact out of all of them she was the only one that didn't bug me. Couldnt stand Paige or Kelly either and of course I could of done without Eric. Or like some stated it would be fine for him to be there if he was just that to Lux a mentor and not for a relationship. If Bug had to go I would of much rather Lux try it out with Jones although I did like Jones with Tasha. And of coures the Julia storyline just made it all a big mess.
I didn't even mind the relationship between lux/eric. It's inappropriate but it was pretty well handled on the whole. My problem was that it comprised the bulk of lux's screentime.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I didn't even mind the relationship between lux/eric. It's inappropriate but it was pretty well handled on the whole. My problem was that it comprised the bulk of lux's screentime.
Ya I get that too. As much as I enjoyed the Lux/Eric storyline it was annoying that almost all of her scenes where with him. They needed to mix it up more.