Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

When I read the part about Project Aries in the episode description, I thought the V writers have just opened another door to potentially bring John May back. He could be a member of that organization. But I know that this is probably just another pipe dream. Like basically everything else when it comes to this show.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Just bumping this thread to say that after I've seen the entirety of season 2 play out, I'm sadly very convinced that we'll never see John May again. SR has clearly replaced the idea of this character with Diana and there are no Fifth Column V's for him to lead anyway.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I agree and have known that since his last appearance. Once they stopped mentioning him at all I just knew that story arc was axed. It's just ashame is all I can say.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonNorthFan (View Post)
Yeah, I agree and have known that since his last appearance. Once they stopped mentioning him at all I just knew that story arc was axed. It's just ashame is all I can say.
Yup. And even if, miraculously, a couple of new Fifth Column V's were to emerge they would all be bowing down to Diana anyway, so ...
Old 03-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

I hoped she’d turn out to be evil after what she said to Marcus last episode, about Anna letting their Fifth Column enemies win… But I guess she was just playing him.
What’s most annoying is the fact that they kept promising they would bring him back
Old 03-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, it's been a lot of empty promises from the writers, which is why I don't believe much of anything they say anymore.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonNorthFan (View Post)
Yeah, it's been a lot of empty promises from the writers, which is why I don't believe much of anything they say anymore.
Exactly. SR has said a lot of things. I'm still waiting for him to deliver a real and clear V mythology. Not even the breeding agenda makes any real sense because it's clashing all over the place.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamburgo1001 (View Post)
Exactly. SR has said a lot of things. I'm still waiting for him to deliver a real and clear V mythology. Not even the breeding agenda makes any real sense because it's clashing all over the place.
Right, and the stupidest part of that whole breeding debacle is that the V's agenda was obvious from the start and they dragged it out taking it to get to season two to confirm what we all knew already while lessing the importance of the characters it centered around. All that only lead to a ridiculous conclusion.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was suspicious that the John May angle was becoming irrelvant back when SR aired his flashback episode. It honestly didn't match up with any of the innuendos we had been given from all the previous episodes. Sadly, if we want to put it into perspective, the original idea of John May was transformed from 'Fifth Column leader' to 'V refuge' who sought a place with humans. It just didn't add up, sorry.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I was suspicious that the John May angle was becoming irrelvant back when SR aired his flashback episode. It honestly didn't match up with any of the innuendos we had been given from all the previous episodes. Sadly, if we want to put it into perspective, the original idea of John May was transformed from 'Fifth Column leader' to 'V refuge' who sought a place with humans. It just didn't add up, sorry.
I know. What also sucks about the possibility that John May never comes back, which is what I am thinking now, is that they didn't even give him a death scene to give proper closure to his story, but I guess looking at the shoddy way the show finished Ryan off, I shouldn't be too surprised. SR is obviously not all too hot on Fifth Column V's.

Another reason why I think John May will never be back is that Ryan's dead. Ryan was the one who supposedly killed him, so assuming that John May's alive, he would have been the most logical candidate to know where John May's located at. With him gone, it just feels like the final door closes.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I know. What also sucks about the possibility that John May never comes back, which is what I am thinking now, is that they didn't even give him a death scene to give proper closure to his story, but I guess looking at the shoddy way the show finished Ryan off, I shouldn't be too surprised. SR is obviously not all too hot on Fifth Column V's.
Oh, yes, this fact is blaringly obvious. Taking out the Fifth Column V's destroyed the heart of this show because doing so removed one half of the Resistance equation that would bring about peace and balance to this war. When all humans and all V's are clearly set up to be against each other, there is no way for 'good' to overcome, sorry. It will be a constant battle of wills and manpower back and forth, with the V's having the advantage/upperhand.

Quote:
Another reason why I think John May will never be back is that Ryan's dead. Ryan was the one who supposedly killed him, so assuming that John May's alive, he would have been the most logical candidate to know where John May's located at. With him gone, it just feels like the final door closes.
And just the fact that Ryan killed May alone, period, speaks volumes when using 20/20 hindsight into the whole Ryan arc. It was one of the early signs pointing in a bad writing direction for Ryan. Now that Ryan is dead, it's pretty clear to me that Ryan really did intend to kill May and believed he succeeded in doing so - even if 'john may' did miraculously pop up down the road, which I don't think will ever happen in a million years.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh, yes, this fact is blaringly obvious. Taking out the Fifth Column V's destroyed the heart of this show because doing so removed one half of the Resistance equation that would bring about peace and balance to this war. When all humans and all V's are clearly set up to be against each other, there is no way for 'good' to overcome, sorry. It will be a constant battle of wills and manpower back and forth, with the V's having the advantage/upperhand.
Yup. There can't ever be peace between the 2 species if there are no positive interspecies arcs to build it on. And if there are no Fifth Column V's, there's no chance for any positive interspecies arcs to form and develop. It's a vicious circle and it all gives the show this hopeless, almost doomsday kind of feel IMO.

Quote:
And just the fact that Ryan killed May alone, period, speaks volumes when using 20/20 hindsight into the whole Ryan arc. It was one of the early signs pointing in a bad writing direction for Ryan. Now that Ryan is dead, it's pretty clear to me that Ryan really did intend to kill May and believed he succeeded in doing so - even if 'john may' did miraculously pop up down the road, which I don't think will ever happen in a million years.
Yeah, I would sadly have to agree. That's definitely what it looks like now. And honestly, in light of the matter of fact manner Anna mentioned John May's death briefly at the beginning of the season, you would almost have to think that Anna was given some proof of John May's demise, e.g. she was shown his dead body.

I found this Fairly Legal promo photo and thought Michael looked very pretty in it:

Old 03-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yup. There can't ever be peace between the 2 species if there are no positive interspecies arcs to build it on. And if there are no Fifth Column V's, there's no chance for any positive interspecies arcs to form and develop. It's a vicious circle and it all gives the show this hopeless, almost doomsday kind of feel IMO.
This show is definitely all about the 'bad.' It's all dark and gloom, secrets, lies, betrayal, hook-ups instead of real lasting relationships, murder, and a very Anti-species feel. Like I've said before, no balance whatsoever. Not even any innuendos dropped to make anything 'positive' at this point believable if it ever got thrown in there at the end out of the blue.

Quote:
Yeah, I would sadly have to agree. That's definitely what it looks like now. And honestly, in light of the matter of fact manner Anna mentioned John May's death briefly at the beginning of the season, you would almost have to think that Anna was given some proof of John May's demise, e.g. she was shown his dead body.
Yeah, Anna definitely comes across like John May is no longer and actual living threat to her anymore.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
This show is definitely all about the 'bad.' It's all dark and gloom, secrets, lies, betrayal, hook-ups instead of real lasting relationships, murder, and a very Anti-species feel. Like I've said before, no balance whatsoever. Not even any innuendos dropped to make anything 'positive' at this point believable if it ever got thrown in there at the end out of the blue.
You forgot abandonment Heather. But yeah, as sad as it is, this show has turned out to be nothing what it promised to be when it first started out. And it's not that I think every storyline has to have a cheesy happy ending. Absolutely not. That, too, would be boring and rather unrealistic. But this show is dark and negative all the time. There isn't even a smidgen of a light at the end of the tunnel as far as I can see and that sucks balls IMO.

Quote:
Yeah, Anna definitely comes across like John May is no longer and actual living threat to her anymore.
And who can blame her considering that the 'John May lives' message didn't appear once this entire season? The whole concept has been dropped IMO.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
You forgot abandonment Heather. But yeah, as sad as it is, this show has turned out to be nothing what it promised to be when it first started out. And it's not that I think every storyline has to have a cheesy happy ending. Absolutely not. That, too, would be boring and rather unrealistic. But this show is dark and negative all the time. There isn't even a smidgen of a light at the end of the tunnel as far as I can see and that sucks balls IMO.
I think the outcome for V should have a general 'happy ending' of sorts; otherwise, this would make for a VERY depressing journey, lol. However, the rest of the plots and subplots need a balance - and that's where well-written drama comes into play. Of course, it's unrealistic for everything to have a cheesy happy ending just as much as it's ridiculous for EVERYTHING to be so tainted with darkness and 'failure.'

Quote:
And who can blame her considering that the 'John May lives' message didn't appear once this entire season? The whole concept has been dropped IMO.
Do you know that I HATE how the whole connotation behind the 'John May lives' message was changed?! Before, it was clearly a subtle message being sent to Anna and the rest of the V's that May and the Fifth Column were still out there, a very active and thriving resistance movement. Then, it just switched to being some lame verbal 'memorial' in honor of his death or something. First off, it makes no sense for that phrase to have acquired that MUCH notoriety amongst the V's, unless May was an active Fifth Column leader to begin with. And that wasn't shown to be the case - Ryan was sent down and killed him. I have no idea how that miraculously inspired SO MANY V's out of the blue when all he was doing was living with his human wife and stepson.