Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2016, 02:29 AM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 02-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

YEEEES. So happy about this.

Okay, color-wise, I don't have a lot of ideas yet. :') I think dark pinks, light purples and light greens would look pretty (kinda like the colors here). But just want the board to still have a soft and pretty look, so I would be happy with a different color combo too.

When it comes to pics suggestion, I would really love if one of the 3 pics on the banner had Lea smiling (which is kind of an obvious thing we already do, but wanted to say it anyways ).

Here are some photoshoot links for us to decide which one(s) we like better:
#1, #2, #3, #4 - these photoshoots have around 3 years old already, but I thought I would link them anyways so we have more options.

And these photoshoots are more recent: #5, #6, #7 but not sure if they would be the best choice because she's a little naked on #6 (lmao), and she has braids on #7 (which I love but I think the banner would probably look better with her with her hair down, cause that's how we see her the most :/).

Anyways, I'm rambling. I know Casey will post her thoughts soon, and we would love to have more opinions too.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES im so ready!!!!! for this!!!

Ok so for shoots/pics... some of these might be duplicates of catia's... but i love these #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9. I agree with Catia, that i love when her hair is down

As for colors, i definitely don't want too pinkish of a board, when i think of Lea, i don't think PINK, i do think soft spring/summer like colors though. some color combs i like are (sorry if there's a lot... but im indecisive and like variety so please don't kill me) #1, #2 (for some reason i really like this combo???!?!), #3,, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20
& it hits me when the lights go on. s---, maybe i miss you
miss you by louis tomlinson
BUY IT ON ITUNESSTREAM IT ON SPOTIFY
▌casey · © ·
Old 02-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

ffs casey.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by running wild (View Post)
ffs casey.
i love you
▌casey · © ·
Old 02-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by running wild (View Post)
ffs casey.
I second this.

Casey, you basically picked my favorite photoshoots, but most of those don't have a lot of usable pics. #3 is one of the ones I linked as well, but she has a braid on it, so I'm torn because of that. :') #4 is perfectly usable, but I'm not a big fan of those pictures I would be a lot happier if it had a picture of her with a huge smile. I think #5 could work, some of the pics outside have rays of sunlight in her hair which , but there are inside pics that are really cute.

Do you like any of the photoshoots I linked?

And colors. These are my favorites from the ones you linked ,
design seeds | refreshing tones | for all who ♥ color (really love this one too, but I would replace that bright yellow with a soft green)
design seeds | creature color | for all who ♥ color
design seeds | still hues | for all who ♥ color
design seeds | flora hues | for all who ♥ color
design seeds | ranunculus tones | for all who ♥ color
design seeds | color flora | for all who ♥ color
design seeds | flora dream | for all who ♥ color

I really like the idea of purples mixed with green. I like some of the yellows and blues that these palettes have as well, but I wouldn't want these colors to be heavily featured, cause it just doesn't remind me too much of Lea. But just some subtle brushes would look really pretty too.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is awesome news and I think Catia and Casey you have covered everything I was thinking too!

I agree on light spring colours that will suit Lea perfectly and pictures with her hair down would be perfect
Old 02-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

This is awesome news and I think Catia and Casey you have covered everything I was thinking too!

I agree on light spring colours that will suit Lea perfectly and pictures with her hair down would be perfect
Old 02-12-2016, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

sorry i chose all crappy photoshoots but i just loved all those pics

i love all the ones you chose,

so for pics the 3 we both chose were X, X, X (but combine with a smiley pic if possible). out of the other ones you linked i liked X, X, X

and it seems like these are the top color combos. and i agree, while i think blue highlights/accents would be really pretty, i don't think a base of blue would be the best?
design seeds | refreshing tones | for all who ♥ color (i agree with replacing the bright yellow with something greenish or something)
design seeds | creature color | for all who ♥ color
design seeds | still hues | for all who ♥ color
design seeds | flora hues | for all who ♥ color
design seeds | ranunculus tones | for all who ♥ color
design seeds | color flora | for all who ♥ color
design seeds | flora dream | for all who ♥ color
▌casey · © ·
Old 02-13-2016, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

This is really awesome

Can't wait to find out what it will look like, I'm super bad with those things but I'm sure you will make it into something really gorgeous
Old 02-13-2016, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

You have a lot of faith in our ideas. But I'm sure the final result will be amazing, yes.

I agree with those choices for photoshoots (except for the 3rd one, cause I just prefer the other photoshoots a lot more :')) and colors too. So gonna link all of those on GT.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

thank you
▌casey · © ·
Old 02-14-2016, 06:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

No worries.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

i really really can't wait to see how it all turns out
▌casey · © ·
Old 02-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
One Direction

Same here. It's one thing to see the banners, but to see it on the actual board is a lot different.