Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Moderator Support Team

Stay Strong #1: Because we are all a little like Demi! Feel free to share your story! (Please read rules inside)

art by mymixedtape
(If anybody wants to make a pretty OP for this feel free)

• Has Demi changed your life for the better?
  • Can you relate to Demi in any way?
  • Want to get to know more people with similar stories?
  • Want to share your story with others?

Rules
1. This thread will be FULL of triggers. So, if you can't handle it, don't read this thread.
2. If you post here, your posts will be seen by ANYBODY. If you don't want people to know something, don't post it.
3. Do not try to force or convince anyone to share or expand on their story.
4. Do not offer advice unless you are specifically asked for it.
5. Do not diminish another person's experience ("Oh, that's not that bad," "Well, yeah, but this happened to ____," etc.)
6. Respect others' right to privacy. What happens here, stays here.

Please also keep in mind that we are not medical professionals and, while we're happy to listen to anything and everything you want to talk about, we are not therapists or social workers and are not qualified to diagnose or treat anything.

Thanks!

-Jordyn & Tori

Tori

Last edited by Can't Have You; 10-13-2012 at 06:13 PM
Old 10-13-2012, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Thanks Tor Feel free to share your stories everyone

Old 10-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Loyal Fan

I love you two for starting this rules sound great, I think that all Demi's fans are a little bit Demi... I certainly feel connected to her on a level beyond her music and I think she is such a strong role model and such an inspirational woman for being so young. I think in a way she'd be proud that there are groups of people out there willing to listen to and encourage each other.
I'm gonna post my story in a bit... and look forward to being able to talk to you all about yours.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

Of course Susie I am sure Demi would love this thread
Can't wait to hear your story

Old 10-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Loyal Fan

So I will kick this off… Like I said I feel like I connect with Demi because hearing her story really struck a chord with me, and then listening to her music again after hearing about her life just seemed to make it all even more meaningful. I think she is an amazing young woman, she has been through a lot in her life and although at one time she hit a real low point she pulled herself out with help and look at her now! She’s doing so good. I respect that because although im on the up after a really rough ride, I still struggle every day and so as weird and cliché as it sounds I draw strength from listening to her music, and watching her interviews.
My story starts from when I was very young, my dad who was my hero and best friend left our family suddenly, it was a tough thing and left me so angry and lost, I wasn’t close to my mum and my older sister did the best she could for me but no one talked about anything that had happen and so I became very introverted and quiet. Looking back now I see that then, when I was only 7, was when my depression kicked in. I went to secondary school and muddled my way through, I had a good group of friends but messed around a lot with guys, I always had a ‘boyfriend’ (which believe me meant nothing and didn’t go anywhere but you know the drama of all that when you’re 13!) I put on a pretty brave face but inside I felt broken, alone, angry, and my self-esteem plummeted. I felt ugly and out of place everywhere I went. I had a best friend around 15-16 and we were inseparable, she had family problems too and leant on me a lot, things progressed and soon we were crossing those friendship boundaries and becoming something more. IT all got very intense for me and I was hiding everything from my mum who at the time was in really deep depression herself. I tried to end that relationship and the girl tried to kill herself, it was horrible.
I tried to carry on but it hit me hard and I didn’t do well in the end of school after it all.
I went to college after that and did a performing arts course to try and boost my confidence, it worked in a way and I fell in with some great people, but I was still struggling and started to harm myself. A year into my course I met a girl… I thought this was it, you know? My life turned around! Except she made me keep everything a secret and it was actually the start of a 5 year long abusive toxic relationship. That relationship left me with a number of diagnosed mental health disorders, a self harm and prescription pills problem and a borderline eating disorder. That girl walked out on me at my worst moment and I crumbled. I slept and drank and took pills for about 5 days straight, never enough to do serious damage but only cos I was alone with no one who cared about me anywhere near me and I was worried about how long itd be before someone found me.
The thing is, I got through it, I opened up because of it, I moved home to my mum and faily and demanded that my family be more open and willing to share. I also found the girl who is now my fiancée. I struggle every day wanting to hurt myself when it gets too much, and I still have a tough relationship with food. But im here and all I want is to keep getting better and to help others who have been through similar struggles.
This is long I know, so ill stop there. But im always willing to talk to anyone who needs or wants it, ill answer questions when and if I can. I think websites like this are so great to be able to get together and fangirl with other Demi Lovatics! But I think it can be something a lot more
Old 10-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Susie

I'm a little terrified to touch this thread, Tori.

But I love all of you. Does that help?
Old 10-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

Sorry, I hope my rules weren't too mean? But I just want people to know that we will be taking this serious and we want this to be a good thing, not a bad thing.

But thank you for sharing your story Susie. I'm so glad to see that you coming out of a low in your life. And that you found someone who can love you for you and not just bring you down.

Tori
Old 10-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Extreme Fan

No, no... You're rules were fine, Tori. Very respectful, very appropriate.

I just get a little intimidated by all this emotional, serious talk. Out of respect, I can't crack wise. Which is an unnatural state for me. So I probably won't be posting much here. But I can definitely appreciate the need, and I WILL be reading all the posts. You guys are friends, and that means a lot to me.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Jonas Brothers

The art looks great Susie

Thank you for sharing your story You are obviously very strong and I am so glad things are getting better for you and that Demi has helped you

Old 10-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Patty (View Post)
No, no... You're rules were fine, Tori. Very respectful, very appropriate.

I just get a little intimidated by all this emotional, serious talk. Out of respect, I can't crack wise. Which is an unnatural state for me. So I probably won't be posting much here. But I can definitely appreciate the need, and I WILL be reading all the posts. You guys are friends, and that means a lot to me.
Oh good!

I know I'm the same way. Just be reading and lots of hugging.

Tori
Old 10-16-2012, 12:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

Well I don't exactly have a Demi Lovato type of story to an extent that some might have here.

I was never really bullied in high school, one kid tried to bully me in high school when i was a Freshmen and he was a Sophomore and he backed off after my friend threatened to beat the crap out of him if he didn't.

One incident where i would say i was bullied, was in 8th grade. A girl at school found out i had a crush on her(I don't know how). Well one day I was at lunch and some of her friends found out and told me to stay away from her, that I wasn't good enough for her, she didn't like me etc. I honestly played it off and didn't think much of it, because i don't let small stuff bother me. Back then i was way too respectful to people, if somebody said that to my face now a days they would get an ear full.

I honestly had sort of a weird chain of Disney stars that eventually led me to Demi. It all started with Miley Cyrus, i decided to watch Hannah Montana one day when i saw somebody on Xbox watching her show.

Well watching Hannah led me to Selena Gomez, so i ended up watching Wizards of Waverly Place.

Well Wizards of Waverly Place eventually led me to Princess Protection Program, Demi caught my eye with how cute she was, so i looked her up, watched Camp Rock 1 and Camp Rock 2 and eventually Sonny With a Chance. While watching Sonny, i learned about her story and i became impressed with her story. I became apart of this forum and a month after i went to a concert of hers and ive been hooked ever since and im a die hard Lovatic.

To my credit, i did like Skyscraper when it came out last year, way before I knew who Demi was.

i remember a few years ago when my little sister would watch disney and they would advertise the new episodes of Sonny With A Chance.

So basically it was a chain reaction

Hannah Montana --> Selena Gomez(when she appeared on Hannah Montana) ---> Demi Lovato when i watched their move Princess Protection Program.

I started to have a "celebrity crush" on Demi in PPP, she was really pretty
Old 10-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

Aww thanks for sharing your story Casey! And I love how you came to be a fan of Demi!

Tori
Old 10-16-2012, 02:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I'd love to meet Demi and ask her how she did it, how she got through the worst to where she is now.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:08 PM
Moderator Support Team

Aww that would be a good question. I think she'd probably answer with something like "just my family. and the strength from my fans" or something along those lines. But her answer would be very interesting to hear.

Tori
Old 10-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Loyal Fan

id love to know, i could use her advice right now.