Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Absolute Fan

It's funny, because my TV is on ALL the time, but I really only am sure to watch 2 shows right now, NCIS and TVD (both of which are on hiatus). Oh, and I like the US version of "Who Do You Think You Are". The rest of the time, I just flip around a lot, like a guy!

I don't do sitcoms at all. It is really odd that I watched "10 Things", but we know Ethan has that effect on us.....

I used to watch Castle, too, but it's on too late for me now that I "work", and I'm just not one to watch regularly online. (If I need to catch an ep, I will, but I don't watch a whole series that way.)
Old 03-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Oh I hear so much abotu Who Do You Think You Are? but i never really watched it, I heard some of the UK ones though! It seems good!

I watched for Ethan and Lindsey when I saw 10 Things adverts, they drew me in tbf, but I always watch these sorts of shows! Haha as I was typing this an advert for the movie came on <3
i'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
when you hit me, hit me h a r d
♥trifecta♥
Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priya (View Post)
Oh I hear so much abotu Who Do You Think You Are? but i never really watched it, I heard some of the UK ones though! It seems good!
I'm into the geneology, I think it's cool. I think part of the reason I watch it is because I'm jealous that the people can find out so much about their families! Some of them get to go like 10 generations back! Sooo cool.

Unfortunately, I am second generation American, with grandparents from Poland and Germany. All of my family's history is somewhere over there. Neither set of gp talked much about the "old country", and in both cases they were the only ones of their family to come here. We didn't think to ask much until it was too late. I know my German gp were very embarrassed/ashamed to be German due to Hitler and all.

And I speak no German or Polish, BTW. I couldn't even go there and try to ask!
Old 03-20-2011, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Who Do You Think You Are?? Never heard of it, but genealogy? YAY! I know a lot of my dad's side cause it was in a book, but that's it.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Absolute Fan

^They do famous US personalities, like Sarah Jessica Parker, Rosie O'Donnell, Kim Catrall, Lionel Ritchie, Brooke Shields, etc.

SJP's very distant relatives (great, great, great, great, etc...) were accused of being witches.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:54 PM
Master Fan

Awww that sucks Michelle, I know what you mean though, it makes me want to check out my family tree and see what my background is.

Amy, I've seen a few of the UK ones and assume tge US version is the same but they're really interesting. This chef Ainsley Harriot was on and they went back to show that his surname was what they called his great great great grandfather because that's what the white people did with their slaves and they went further in and he was so moved. I can't remember well as it was a couple years ago but I remember that bit.
♥trifecta♥
Old 03-21-2011, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
SJP's very distant relatives (great, great, great, great, etc...) were accused of being witches.
Oh ironic

I know my great great great great great great grandfather, Hugh, was an aide to Bonnie Prince Charlie in the 1700's and when he moved to Canada, he bragged about the money he was given from his duties, was killed, robbed, and found in a ditch. Thanks Hugh, if you had of kept you mouth shut, I might have been born into money.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:54 AM
Master Fan

Oh dayyyymn, that aint cool Hugh. Ahhh dear, can you imagine how different our lives would be if just on of our ancestors was on a different path or did little things differently. It's weird to think about!
♥trifecta♥
Old 03-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat (View Post)
Oh ironic

I know my great great great great great great grandfather, Hugh, was an aide to Bonnie Prince Charlie in the 1700's and when he moved to Canada, he bragged about the money he was given from his duties, was killed, robbed, and found in a ditch. Thanks Hugh, if you had of kept you mouth shut, I might have been born into money.
That's hysterical!
I think it's cool you can go so far back, I am jealous. Even if the guy bragged too much!

I dated a guy in high school who's great great great great great grand uncle was the President of the US. Some obscure president that no one knows about, but hey, that's a cool story to tell people!
Old 03-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Elite Fan

In the early 90s a woman living in the area in which my family settled way back when wrote a book about the town's history. It mentioned all the families in the area, and mine was included. My sister and I are even mentioned in the book I'm my own local celebrity

Quote:
I dated a guy in high school who's great great great great great grand uncle was the President of the US. Some obscure president that no one knows about, but hey, that's a cool story to tell people!
Oh cool! I don't know very many Presidents, but if it was someone like Lincoln, SCORE!

... oh dear, we're way off topic again
Old 03-21-2011, 03:10 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
In the early 90s a woman living in the area in which my family settled way back when wrote a book about the town's history. It mentioned all the families in the area, and mine was included. My sister and I are even mentioned in the book I'm my own local celebrity
Very very cool

Quote:
... oh dear, we're way off topic again
Sorry!
Here's a behind the scenes preview of Dana Davis' new series, Franklin & Bash, which premieres on TNT on June 1. She's part of the main cast, but she's not in the vid much.

Video - Franklin & Bash behind the scenes, behind the scenes video, Franklin & Bash video, Franklin & Bash, TNT - tnt.tv
Old 03-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Elite Fan

TNT huh? That's more edgier than most things Dana's been in lately. But bad*** ex-con? Coooool!

Mark-Paul Gosselaar Hmmm... I'm kinda interested, actually.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

There's a couple hotties in, if there's a link on my site i use, I'll probably tune into it. what sort of channel is TNT btw?
♥trifecta♥
Old 03-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm gonna plan to catch the first ep....and see how I like it.

ETA: TNT (Turner Network Television) is a cable channel that everyone has. Like it comes with the basic cable. It's owned by Ted Turner, who owns TBS, too (another ubiquitous cable channel). They've been pretty good with Drama programming in the last few years, with some original series like The Closer, Leverage, Saving Grace, Raising the Bar. It's one of those channels that also shows tons of syndicated show repeats.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

So it's bound to have a decent audience...or do not many people watch the network?
♥trifecta♥