Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Master Fan

She is. I love seeing Kat fighting for her rights!
Old 04-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

You know, I think I'm the only one feeling like this, but while it's all great Kat was fighting for her rights I still found it a little rude of her to force her choices on other people. The only reason she's a veggie is b/c she cant help herself but see faces of the animals. Not everyone has to feel the same way, and it's absolutely right they don't. I'd be one going completely against her and her Meatless Mondays. She doesn't like meat? Great, eat salad
Old 04-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

It's very Kat really. Her ethics get curved alot when she has her strong views in her mind, so while she's on a crusade to made Meatless Monday's to save the environment, she cares about it so much she forgets that it's up to people what they eat. It's typical of her, but if I'm honest, I didn't care much that it came off as rude of her. Mainly because it's always happening. Freewill doesn't happen often and I love that Kats passion is as strong as ever.
i'll take a bruise, I know you're worth it
when you hit me, hit me h a r d
♥trifecta♥
Old 04-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

It bothered me this week b/c before it had been real causes and this week it was a personal choice of her that she was trying to force on people. I felt offended by her attitude. I'm not saying she's wrong in fighting for her right, I'm saying this particular cause was fail.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Master Fan

If it's for the environment, that's a worthy cause to Kat. I still didn't really care though.
♥trifecta♥
Old 04-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

You're not getting my point clearly.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

Yes I did, you felt offended as she was forcing her view of not eating meat for the planets health onto the other students. What's not to get about that?

eta: nvm
♥trifecta♥
Old 04-20-2010, 05:23 PM
Master Fan

"for the planet's health" is not the point. I don't care about that. Obviously, you did NOT get the point

I didn't like this episode much anyway.
Old 04-21-2010, 12:12 AM
Absolute Fan

I think I get what you mean. She's inflicting her own choice on people claiming it's for the environment but when thats not the reason she stopped eating meat?

I didn't care for this week's crusade by Kat. But I did enjoy the episode.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think I get what you mean. She's inflicting her own choice on people claiming it's for the environment but when thats not the reason she stopped eating meat?

I didn't care for this week's crusade by Kat. But I did enjoy the episode.
Yeah exactly. And simply b/c she was trying to force her own lifestyle choice on other people just b/c all she sees is "the animals faces" as a reason to stop eating meat. Whatever. I like meat, I'll keep eating, if you don't like it, don't try to take it away from me just b/c all you can see is their faces.

Yeah I felt the same way about the episode
Old 04-21-2010, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

What I like about Kat is that she fights for what she believes in til the end. Now she might not always be right but her heart is in the right place. As far as her crusade on Monday's episode.....she thought she was doing the right thing for the earth....but ultimately it was personal. Like she said she stopped eating meat when she started to see the "don't eat me" face on the meat; not every one feels the same way. If she is a vegetarian then kudos to her but she has to understand that not everyone will follow suit.

I felt bad that she was betrayed by Blank, but I also think that she was kinda imposing her way of living on the other students by trying to make Padua a meatless Monday.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
What I like about Kat is that she fights for what she believes in til the end. Now she might not always be right but her heart is in the right place. As far as her crusade on Monday's episode.....she thought she was doing the right thing for the earth....but ultimately it was personal. Like she said she stopped eating meat when she started to see the "don't eat me" face on the meat; not every one feels the same way. If she is a vegetarian then kudos to her but she has to understand that not everyone will follow suit.
This
Old 04-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Absolute Fan

That was well put Yami.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Personally, I don't think she was trying to impose anything. The council voted about it, and the council is chosen by the students, so she just proposed it, they were the ones choosing it.
For her it may have started because of the "allucinations", but she honestly cares about the earth,so she is not being hypocritical. The hypocritical people are the ones who say they care about the earth but they don't show it with their actions. She is not telling people what to eat, what she wanted is the school not to buy meat for a day, the students could have still brought their own food from their houses if they wanted.
It's not a private school, it's a public school, public = governments, and USA government has a compromise with the United Nations to take better care of the enviroment, and they also want to improve kid's health, so they should take this kind of initiatives, and not let it to a student to have to do it.
But all this was obviously just an excuse to make Kat meet the council people and the new guy.
Kat is not perfect, that's why I like her, she makes mistakes, just as Bianca did with Cameron. They have the better intentions, but they get lost in the way they try to accomplish them. Most tv characters are too perfect to be even a little close to reality... that's why I love this show.
Plus, Kat was fantastic convincing the council members one by one.

Last edited by Minola; 04-21-2010 at 05:27 PM
Old 04-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

^Excellent post Minola. I agree with everything you said. She didnt impose anything