Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Season 3 Episodes Discussion #1- A little good, mostly bad, and a whole lot of ugly!

Last edited by broken crown; 07-10-2010 at 11:28 AM
Old 07-10-2010, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Banner for OP:

TFTNT! This season was a bit of a regression for Jenny after she had finally found herself in S2.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 07-10-2010, 11:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Well, she's a work in progress.

Thanks for the banner!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

True she is, I think she felt like she could become Queen and just change the whole hierarchy thing but after she realized that she couldn't, she wanted to at least be in charge of it.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 07-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Yeah I agree. If it had to be the old way, she wanted to be in charge. They could have went with the whole different hierarchy thing but they pushed Jenny down this darker and darker path. You could obviously tell that they wanted to make this COMPLETELY different than Blair's queendom...but it didn't matter because the Queen stuff was boring and irritating after a while. I don't like those high school plots. It's not the same without everyone else.

A part of me hopes that when Jenny comes back, she already has all the credits to graduate or something, but they'll probably make her go back to school. BLAH. Well, hopefully they won't show much of it. No more queen storylines.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

awww J!

Such a lost girl in season 3, and definitely her own "rock bottom" even though, it was tame to the way that people act about it!

still love her to death!
Old 07-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

They ran the Queen storyline to the ground! & yea, it just wasn't that interesting because it didn't involve the other mains, instead we had some lame minions that we didn't even know and weren't as funny as the last ones so it was just like...eh. I did like it when they had They Shoot Humphreys, Don't They? because we got to see that even though Jenny is in charge of Constance, there's this whole big world of snobby, rich girls that still don't think she's really worthy of being Queen and she did seem a bit intimidated by that fact at first until she won the whole thing in end by showing up w/ Nate "Epic" Archibald.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 07-10-2010, 12:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

309 was the highlight of the Queen storyline.

Quote:
Such a lost girl in season 3, and definitely her own "rock bottom" even though, it was tame to the way that people act about it!
I know right?! It's ridic. People only get mad cause she was involved with Chuck. It's not like it was super fun for her!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Neither party really wanted what happened and both of them were OOC at the time.

I didn't like the drug selling storyline. I mean, passing off drugs for a thrill because she's bored of being Queen? Lame lame lame. It's something I can't justify beside for that she makes mistakes. I guess they needed to use it as a transition to Damien as a boyfriend\losing virginity\re-realizing feelings for Nate\later Lily and her prescription drugs.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 07-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

It was plot-driven Kem. Like you said, they needed something that would push all of those other sub-storylines.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

the drug thing didnt bother me though, i thought it was pretty tame. it lasted like what? 2 episodes? lol. and she didnt even really get in trouble for it or anything. I mean, they could have taken it futher if they wanted to.

but she didnt even take the drugs or get addicted to the thrill or anything, she was just over it when damien left.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

I agree with that. They probably just didn't want to write a true drug addiction storyline. It would take too long.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know I know but Jenny is smarter than selling drugs and for a thrill? Seriously? Oh yes, very thrilling knowing that you could be caught at any second, so thrilling it just seemed really stupid and it came off stupid too at least to me. But you know GG, anything to further along plots.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 07-11-2010, 05:57 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Emma Watson
Nancy Drew

Stupid is as stupid does!

I don't know what the writers were thinking for 99.9% of the season.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was stupid, and Jenny wouldnt even be into it.

But at least they didnt take it THAT far. I mean, they could have, and it probably would have been more interesting and it would have at least given taylor more to do, but I am glad they didnt go that direction.

do you think well ever see damien again?