Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2014, 03:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

I actually find Damon interesting because he didn't just "accept" her vamp state, he helped her, then licked the blood off her face. He was terrified yet exhilarated when watching her kill innocent people. Damon was a good person once upon a time. I believe that. However I doubt that he was ever truly pure. Not like Stefan, Elena and Caroline. This is the same with Katherine. She murdered an innocent old lady to save her own hide while she was still human and ruined Trevor and Rose's lives. Innocence was never in them in my opinion. They are naturally dark people, which amplified after they were turned. Some just toys come out of the factory broken.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatherineFierce (View Post)
If it was then, wouldn't she have made introductions? Told him who she was? Besides, that would have been an impolite way to be introduced to a house guest, I think. Especially in that era.
Maybe, but the way Stefan was telling the story and the way he and Damon acted around her sort of made it seem like it was the first time they've seen her.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I actually find Damon interesting because he didn't just "accept" her vamp state, he helped her, then licked the blood off her face. He was terrified yet exhilarated when watching her kill innocent people. Damon was a good person once upon a time. I believe that. However I doubt that he was ever truly pure. Not like Stefan, Elena and Caroline. This is the same with Katherine. She murdered an innocent old lady to save her own hide while she was still human and ruined Trevor and Rose's lives. Innocence was never in them in my opinion. They are naturally dark people, which amplified after they were turned. Some just toys come out of the factory broken.
I think that his experience as a human (his father's hate towards him, the war) made him more ready to accept the dark side of people and life, that's why he could accept her more I think none is pure there, not entirely at least, they all have a dark side, more or less developed according to their experience But there are people who try to refuse it, and people who accept it more, Damon and Kat are among these At the same time I don't think they're naturally dark people, like Elena said, for example, Kat wasn't born "evil", she became so, it's not natural, it's something they developed Same for Damon to me
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 07-24-2014, 07:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabuanPearl88 (View Post)
I think none is pure there, not entirely at least, they all have a dark side, more or less developed according to their experience But there are people who try to refuse it, and people who accept it more, Damon and Kat are among these
I get you. Nobody is pure. I agree with you on that. I just believe that Damon and Katherine accept darkness easier than most people because they are inwardly darker than most people, even when they were human. I'm not saying they were evil from birth, just more ruthless than the average joe. They suffered as humans but most humans don't murder and eat people because they were emotionally abused by their parent or because their child was taken from them.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I get you. Nobody is pure. I agree with you on that. I just believe that Damon and Katherine accept darkness easier than most people because they are inwardly darker than most people, even when they were human. I'm not saying they were evil from birth, just more ruthless than the average joe. They suffered as humans but most humans don't murder and eat people because they were emotionally abused by their parent or because their child was taken from them.
Oh I understand your point more now
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 07-24-2014, 01:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Maybe they'll meet in Hell
Old 07-24-2014, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Doubt it, they're in two different places right now, I believe Kat is gone for good, Damon can still go back
I am the storm"

Anna
Old 07-24-2014, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you Sam
Old 07-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amethyst* (View Post)
I agree with you Sam
I missed you!

I still feel that Kat being the only person in the series to ever go to hell is pretty messed up and bizarre. Oh well.

"I'll see you in hell Katherine" Oh, I wish that were true!
Old 07-25-2014, 05:56 AM
Master Fan

^ I think they wanted to give Kat an epic send off because she was an integral part of the show. Otherwise you know she would have found a way back from The Other Side. Kat never gives up

Quote:
I agree with your view point. Kat must have recognized early on that Damon was accepting of his dark side. It would have been so interesting if they'd shown us how she discovered this.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Oh well. In my view, TVD ended in 1864 with Katherine turning Damon, they run away together and have a wedding ceremony with Kat in a gorgeous black wedding dress. They spend eternity together having sex, partying, and loving each other.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm loving that alternative ending

Quote:
I missed you!

I still feel that Kat being the only person in the series to ever go to hell is pretty messed up and bizarre. Oh well.

"I'll see you in hell Katherine" Oh, I wish that were true!
I missed you as well!!!

She was an amazing character.

I think he already did
Old 07-26-2014, 12:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

A Damon and Katherine wedding would be somewhat terrifying. No rules, no limits.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:06 AM
Master Fan

They would probably give each other humans as presents.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Since they love blood