Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2010, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

like everyone else said, I'm by no means an advocate of violence in relationships. none at all. in fact, if Elena hadn't up and bolted 5000 times before when it comes to Stefan, I would have told her to gather her crap and GTFO then and there when he slammed her up against the wall. by no means was that ok, but it served a greater purpose to show just how sick Stefan is right now. up until last night, Elena probably would have defended Stefan to say he would never hurt HER, which has now officially become a moot point. And I do think she was debating her decision to sedate him until the last possible second. his pushing her sealed her decision. I'm so happy Elena has reached a point of understanding where she realizes this isn't really Stefan. I don't care what Damon says, even before they became vampires, Stefan was always the one doing the right thing and behaving properly. Damon has resented his brother way before Katherine came in the picture.

and I completely agree with whoever said it was sick if Damon and Elena grew closer together because of Stefan's illness. that's just wrong on so many levels that someone else's misery brings people together!

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 04-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
This means nothing to me, since Stefan has been doing just fine without learning to control the blood. And Damon has been a coldblooded murderer despite knowing how.
but isn't Stefan prove that vamps can "change".. IDK but i do think Stefan has done pretty horrible things in his existence that we haven't been told about, he's just not like that anymore... and yes Damon has been and still is a cold-blooded murderer... He didn't care about humans, he had no humanity left in him, but once he gets that back i'm sure he can change as well

And i don't think him not murdering people anymore means his whole persona is going to change either. I don't see him being broody or different personality wise.

Quote:
and I completely agree with whoever said it was sick if Damon and Elena grew closer together because of Stefan's illness. that's just wrong on so many levels that someone else's misery brings people together!
Why is that sick? Damon & Elena are forming a friendship, not hooking up behind Stefan's back. Rough patches and hard times do bring people together.

Last edited by Kary1591; 04-23-2010 at 12:23 PM
Old 04-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here's what we know about Stefan and his drinking human blood time so far:
It changed him when he first started drinking it.
It was hard for him to get off when he wanted to quit drinking it.

We don't know how long it took him the last time to stop drinking, how severe or why Stefan even stopped drinking it in the first place. There are speculations but the next episode hasn't aired yet so we'll wait for that. Anyways, Damon doesn't know the reason for any of this. He asked Stefan in the episode before last and he didn't tell us. For all we know, Damon just think that Stefan stopped drinking human blood because he wanted to. He doesn't know the circumstances behind it.

Furthermore, how would he know the extreme to watch human blood could really change Stefan after not drinking it for over a century? He's never tested the theory before and he has no foresight on the matter. It's obvious to me that Damon thought that when Stefan started drinking human blood it would be like he was before either when he first started or when he got a little bit more control at it, not for it to be to THIS extreme. There's no way he could have known that.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not invested in either SE or DE (I am very invested in SD's relationship though) so I don't have much to say on that. (I know, it's weird, why am I not shipping either one. I haven't gotten into eithe r one yet, that's why). I will, however, say that I enjoy the guest stars on this show. Sometimes more than I enjoy the main characters. I want more David Anders being evil.

~CT
TRA #2, P&P#3, and BPC #2 coming Fall 2015. Stay tuned for more demons, mutations, circuses, mysteries, love, and the fate of the world.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterT (View Post)
I'm not invested in either SE or DE (I am very invested in SD's relationship though) so I don't have much to say on that. (I know, it's weird, why am I not shipping either one. I haven't gotten into eithe r one yet, that's why). I will, however, say that I enjoy the guest stars on this show. Sometimes more than I enjoy the main characters. I want more David Anders being evil.

~CT
i think i agree. its all there is lately when the show focuses so much on a boring triangle

atleast theres gonna be SD this week tho. finally.

Quote:
And that actually just gave me Spike/Buffy flashback to when Spike set next to a crying Buffy (who has just found out about her mom's illness -I think?) to comfort her with his presence, not knowing what else to do. And she had this weird "what's going on" shocked look on her face but accepted it. Which I think Elena also had on that scene, she seemed a bit suprised to see Damon sit down with her.
umm no. the sb scene was great, de scene was just cliche. since it was probably just the vd writers watching an old buffy ep and stealing ideas.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Passionate Fan

Shumiac, your posts have been flawless.
I agree with everything.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
My main problem still is Elena. I can't feel for her. She is just so bland. No personality at all. I'm not sure what is is exactly. Nina puts so much into Katherine but with Elena there's nothing. The writers give her some spunk, give her something!!! I just roll my eyes when she comes on now.
yea its weird. elena, who has the main role, is the blandest charaacter in the show. even stefan has more personality. at first i thought she was just a bad actor, but like you said, she puts so much more into katherine so its odd how lazy her acting is with elena. its not fun to watch. i dont even bother to roll my eyes anymore tho, usually just look away from the screen and half listen as i do something else when shes only on.

Quote:
Well, that IS going to happen someday. Just not right now.
lol umm, unless youre a writer, i dont know why you are so assured.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
since it was probably just the vd writers watching an old buffy ep and stealing ideas.
lmaaaaaaaaaaaao, so funny you say that cause i thought SE bite was a rip off from buffy.

how was the DE scene cliche?? someone explain to me, Damon was filling in for Stefan while he was being-crazy-Stefan, was he supposed to let Elena by the stairs looking dumb? He stepped in and they danceeed, a dance that hinted to something more, trust, friendship, and well Elena's look at the end...makes you wonder, there's the attraction already but they're not hooking up behinds Stefan's back in any way, they obviously cant cause they understand their position.

Its called build-up.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverFaraday (View Post)
lol umm, unless youre a writer, i dont know why you are so assured.
cause its a love triangle story that's based on a vampire book series that focus on a love triangle??
i think that gave her the idea.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by timtyra (View Post)
cause its a love triangle story that's based on a vampire book series that focus on a love triangle??

& KW and JP the executive producers of the show have said that the show is about a triangle. If anyone needs anymore proof then...well, hell there is no better proof.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 04-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

everything's always going to be a rip off of something at this point. the last SE scene was practically a rip off of when Buffy sent Angel back into the hellmouth, but that didn't stop me from bawling my eyes out at how heartbreaking it was!

And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
JohnSara
Old 04-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

i dont know how can there be any more proof, lmaooo.
read the books! no wait, read the description of all the books.

better yett watch the show.

sunchick...: agreed. i liked it. but BA's bite wasss....

Last edited by timtyra; 04-23-2010 at 02:16 PM
Old 04-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
lmaaaaaaaaaaaao, so funny you say that cause i thought SE bite was a rip off from buffy.

how was the DE scene cliche?? someone explain to me, Damon was filling in for Stefan while he was being-crazy-Stefan, was he supposed to let Elena by the stairs looking dumb? He stepped in and they danceeed, a dance that hinted to something more, trust, friendship, and well Elena's look at the end...makes you wonder, there's the attraction already but they're not hooking up behinds Stefan's back in any way, they obviously cant cause they understand their position.

Its called build-up.
the se bite probably was. i noticed some jeremy anna scenes were just like a lesser known vampire film, and then the next wk the new ep was the title of the film
so i think vd writers just steal. which is kinda sad since we're only in s1.

anyway i thought it was cliche because its the typical good girl+bad boy scenario. she gets in some situation she cant get out of (stefan not showing up), the bad boy surprisingly ens up ~saving her day (damon appears at the bottom of the stairs like a shiny knight), they have some ~changing moment (the dance), lovey dovey music plays, cupid shoorts an arrow. all that stuff. just saying ive seen it before, a million times over. i didnt expect it to be like that for de, it seems more se. just thought there'd be more build up, some originality

ofc if youre de you'll see it otherwise

Quote:
this is the show tho, so im still wondering where she got it from. yea ive heard them save its about a triangle, but i never heard anyone say 'De will defintely be together.' if you have the place tho, link me
Old 04-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

AHHH! I loved this episode! Totally 100 times better than last week!

I was so happy to see dark!Stefan.Last week was only a hint of the struggle and so I liked this so much more.I really do like Paul,but I've never been a fan of Stefan because he just bored me with his 'I'm just a good guy' bit but this episode I LOVED him.I totally felt his struggle and the scenes with him and Amber were just SO awesome.I actually much prefer Paul's acting when Stefan isn't so straight and narrow.It reminded me a bit of when he played Tommy on Everwood (I'm sure I was in the minority but I loved him!).I hope that once Stefan gets over this,it makes him a bit more well rounded so that he's not just the 'good guy'.I really liked what Damon said about Stefan....we've seen Stefan as the 'model vampire' for all this time that it's interesting to think that he didn't really go about things the right way,by completely denying what he was,instead of training himself when it comes to blood.I'm sure next week will show us why!

I think the writers did a really good job with the 'addict' parallel.The last S/E scene totally was in addict speak and for most of it,I was angry with Elena because I thought she was going to just keep thinking that her love would be enough to get Stefan through - which is always the wrong answer in these situations.I was glad when I realized she had a plan.But she still needs to learn to accept all of Stefan.Their relationship has been based on her having this idealistic view of him that he's perfect and that's not fair to him or to her.

How awesome were Damon/Elena? I love this little friendship/partnership they have.They're totally a kick ass team (not in the realm of Damon/Alaric but that's because Alaric > Elena ).But that dance was SOOOOOO full of chemistry.Ian and Nina just have it.I loved how it was definitely chock full of sexual tension but at the same time,they were kind of having fun with it.The small smiles added a certain sweetness to it.I don't know how anyone can deny that Damon deeply cares for Elena after seeing the end where he joined her outside of the cell.I ship them so hardcore and part of me worries that I'll just in the end be disappointed....but that's ok because the chemistry is so ON that I don't really care.

Other good things: I'm really starting to like Anna/Jeremy...but I'm feeling that Uncle Sark is going to manipulate Jeremy and use Anna to get to Pearl.Still...I like them.I've totally warmed to Anna alot and I really hope she doesn't go anywhere anytime soon.Also,CAROLINE WON! That's right....for once,Caroline Forbes did not get trampled,like EVERY OTHER EPISODE.That right there was amazing.Also....loved Alaric as chauffeur...I kind of love him and Elena....but,what's up with lack of Damon/Alaric? That was a crime,for sure!
thinking maybe you'll get it back and then you realize it's just gone.
banner: Brittany
Old 04-23-2010, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
i dont know how can there be any more proof, lmaooo.
read the books! no wait, read the description of all the books.

better yett watch the show.

sunchick...: agreed. i liked it. but BA's bite wasss....
I still have post traumatic stress from that scene. i can't listen to 'full of grace' without crying.

Sarah, I completely agree with you about Elena's idealistic view of Stefan. I'm glad she's getting to a point where she's realizing things are more complicated than that, but she still loves him anyway. you have to love people for the right reasons, IMO. I do have faith love will conquer all for them.

JohnSara