Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2010, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Halfway through the episode and loving it so far. Elena and Stefan are really cute with their dancefloor banter.

I'm not lovin Matt or the idea of Matt/Caroline. He's basically still in love with Elena and he's really condescending to Caroline. He has the same attitude towards her that Elena and Bonnie often have and it really bugs me. He thinks she's shallow and he can take some sort of moral highground with her all the time.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 01-28-2010, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, Caroline even admits that she can be shallow sometimes. She was judging Ben just because he was a bartender. And, Matt is obviously insecure about his future.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 01-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

I get that and I'm not sating she wasn't being a bit bitchy but he judges her too so I'm kind of not seeing his argument.

Cannot wait for nxt week. Katherine is the hbic!

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)

Cannot wait for nxt week. Katherine is the hbic!
HELL YES SHE IS!

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 01-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Elite Fan

Matt and Caroline make me so happy

And Elena is becoming a better character lately. Before, she didn't really appeal to me at all but these last two episodes I liked her scenes. I liked her taking control, fighting back, having some snark. It was cute. And I love her scenes with Damon and Stefan.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

One of the best epiosdes yet. Full of twists and turns.

Loved that Elena fought back and didn't just scream and cower. She's feisty through and through and the last two episodes have been her best. She's snarky with Damon, good friends with both Caroline and Bonnie and the banter between her and Stefan has improved immensely. I think her anger at Jenna was misdirected though, it wasn't Jenna's secret to tell but I'm guessing she needed somebody to blame. Nina Dobrev looked absolutely stunning as always.

Stefan is currently the more interesting brother. Loved his banter with Elena tonight. It's nice to see them happy and in love for a change. I love it when the Salvatore brothers work together as well. It's all kinds of awesome. I was surprised that he staked the bad guy but he did it for the right reasons.

I'm glad they dialled back the Damon is a bad guy stuff for the episode. I love his banter and dynamic with Elena and I think at the moment she brings out the best in him. I wouldn't ship them but I did like that he looked out for her. Hated the interaction with Bonnie because I never read the books and I just don't get the facination with him. I must admit that although I enjoyed Damon tonight, something about Ian Somerhalder seemed a little off. Like he was really trying or something. I don't know... plus he really looked his age at the dance

I liked Bonnie's scenes with Ben the bartender. Who's the actor playing him? Pity he's a bad guy because Bonnie looked so cute when he said yes to going on a date with her. Katerina Graham is tiny.

Thank god somebody finally gave Caroline some vervain . I'm not on board the Matt/Caroline train. I think Vicki must have left him some of her self pity traits when she dies . I don't like that he always seems to be taking the moral highground with her. I'd rather see her with someone fun as well. That kiss was pretty amazing though.

Jeremy was so stand offish with Anna... but I guess she's a bad guy so whatever Can't wait to see where all of this goes though.

Overall good episode. I can't wait to see Mia enter the fold more though as Isobel.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 01-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

stupid thing that's bothering me #1: why does Elena's full name come up when she calls stefan?

And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
JohnSara
Old 01-28-2010, 09:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchick116 (View Post)
stupid thing that's bothering me #1: why does Elena's full name come up when she calls stefan?

I've seen that on some people's phone, some people put full names, some put first names. My mom uses full names, I use first names. It's a matter of preference.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 01-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Master Fan

i don't get it unless you have more than one person of the same name.

JohnSara
Old 01-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Master Fan

Can someone PM when a link is available?

Old 01-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

Um I was wondering why didnt Anna just simply compel Jeremy to give her the book.

I actually understand why Jeremy seemed standoffish with Anna she seemed really clingy and stalkerish like following him, and asking him out when he said no so many times.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

EXCELLENT EPISODE.

I love all the mystery and how the plot is developing. I wonder if Alaric is Elena's biological father or Isobel had her with another man.

Bonnie & Caroline were awesome in this episode and I love the chemistry between Caroline & Matt.

Stefan & Elena were lovely Their relationship seems so natural, Nina & Paul make a wonderful job.

Love to see the Salvatore Brothers working together. I always enjoy their dinamic the most.

I didn't like Anna that much in the previous episode but now that we know who she truly is I LOVE HER. I keep wondering why they want Katherine too or maybe they want some of the other vampires that are trapped in the tomb.

Next episode looks GREAT. I love Katherine so I can't wait to see it.

Last edited by ring of fire; 01-28-2010 at 10:32 PM
Old 01-28-2010, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

and Malese just tweeted me so anything bad I was about to say i completely forgot.

JohnSara
Old 01-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbia (View Post)
Um I was wondering why didnt Anna just simply compel Jeremy to give her the book.

I actually understand why Jeremy seemed standoffish with Anna she seemed really clingy and stalkerish like following him, and asking him out when he said no so many times.
That's a good question. Maybe she's a "young" vampire and young vampires haven't honed their powers yet so they can do fast walking but not compelling. Vicki didn't know how to compel either. However, I guess Noah could have taught her how to do it seeing as he was around when Katherine was around.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)