Old 07-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Told her to stop by
Old 07-14-2018, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks
Old 07-14-2018, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Frak she comes and posts a round but missed this thread don't think she saw my comment over on OT related to Went
Old 07-14-2018, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
Can a book reader tell me if Damon/Bonnie became romantic in the books?
In the Vampire Diaries book, it's very different from how it was on the show.
Bonnie Bennett is actually Bonnie McCullough, and we got a reference to Bonnie's book name in episode 7x18, Bonnie used that last name "McCullough" lol If you read the books you automatically knew it and probably were laughing at it. lol

In the books, one of the things that made Damon/Bonnie even MORE UNIQUE was that Damon was evil during the first few books but it was revealed that Damon actually met Bonnie FIRST! He met Bonnie before he knew of Elena's existence. But he felt a connection with her right away so he saved her from two werewolves, and he took her home to make sure she got home safely, they kissed and he compelled Bonnie to forget the whole encounter...

Damon actually never told Bonine about that encounter so she never knew...
So because of that, he automatically had a connection with Bonnie when he officially returned Fell's Church.

Damon and Bonnie relationship was more like a flirtation around each other and Bonnie crushing hard on Bonnie and being sort of the defender of all things Damon even when he did not deserve it.
She really didn't hold him accountable for anything.....

They kissed a few times but Damon kept denying his feelings for Bonnie, even at times lashing out but his feelings pretty much showed when he saved her from dying in a tub and for the first time in his existence, cracks that was covering the walls of his heart finally opened for the first time! and when he died just to save her life in "Midnight"

Midnight was the LAST book that was written from LJ Smith (original book author) since she got fired from her own book series, and the next 6 books were written by a ghostwriter.
I guess DE ended together in those.

LJ Smith was not happy about being let go of her own book series... like who would? Upsetting that happened even if it should've ended a long time ago. lol

But LJ Smith decided to continue her vision of the story in kindle version so, in the real latest LJ Smith book version of the book.
Damon is with Elena but he's not really fufilled because he fought so hard to get Elena and now he actually has her and I guess it's really not that special as he would have assumed since he has romantic feelings for Bonnie which he is acting on...

Damon and Bonnie did kiss and Bonnie pushed him away and Damon had no guilt whatsoever which made Stefan really call Damon out.

For the BOOKS, the way I describe Damon relationships with Elena and Bonnie is that Elena is the one he wanted to be with to get back at Stefan! He needed her as his "Princess of Darkness" and yes he did love her but the motivation wasn't genunie., it was just to get back at Stefan.
Damon love for Bonnie is one that took him completely off guard because it was so not a part of his plans. Which is why he needed to deny it! Which is why in the books Bonnie is considered Damon's "weakspot".

Damon does love both Elena and Bonnie but I feel that Damon fought for a long time to get with Elena that at this point it'd be bad to not attempt to be with her? lol Because what would've been the whole point of the fight and chase.
Oh and Stefan did some stupid stuff with erasing Elena's memories so she would forget him which is probably why Damon is not really fulfilled as well.

Old 07-15-2018, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for all that
Old 07-15-2018, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow quite the story Thanks for explaining it all
Old 07-15-2018, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Wow quite the story Thanks for explaining it all

Of course.
I read all of the LJ Smith TVD books, I quit when the ghostwriter took over because it was a different series ... it wasn't LJ Smith vision of the series and LJ was forced out of her own books so to me everything after "Midnight" wasn't really real to me so of course, I continued on with LJ kindle books after the "Midnight" book.

But her vision still is not completely.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh I had no idea that the writers changed, that sucks.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Oh I had no idea that the writers changed, that sucks.

I wouldn't mind the writers changing if it's what LJ Smith wanted but I am against a writer getting kicked off their own book. And a series she had for over a decade. And it was just because the publisher, HarperCollins did not approve of the direction she was going.

She mentioned since the show was about the love triangle, the publisher at times hated her writing so much for Bonnie, Bonnie even got a book from her point of view, that's how popular she became in the books.

Reminds me of the show where Damon/Bonnie had to suddenly stop sharing scenes together because the show was suppose to be about the love triangle with Stefan/Damon/Elena.

She has a whole opened letter about what she planned and there was going to be a lot of Damon/Bonnie and especially Bonnie...

So no shock that after the Midnight book, Bonnie is barely around in the book from what I heard.
Old 07-16-2018, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's a shame cause Bonnie always got the short end of the stick on the show even though she was one of the most badass amazing characters. And yeah it's horrible that someone can even GET kicked out of their own book, it's like someone's baby being ripped away
Old 07-17-2018, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly like that related to an author being ripped away from a child
Old 07-17-2018, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Seems really unfair.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That's a shame cause Bonnie always got the short end of the stick on the show even though she was one of the most badass amazing characters. And yeah it's horrible that someone can even GET kicked out of their own book, it's like someone's baby being ripped away

I never really knew that can happy until LJ Smith got fired. But than I started thinking about it and it made sense. Pretty much when you sign with anyone, you are sort of signing over your works to them.....

Everyone really needs to read over with they sign! That goes for any business.

About Bonnie, yeah... .. seemed like history repeated itself for Bonnie on the tv series. Pretty upsetting.
Old 07-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Very upsetting cause tv series made her a strong BAMF witch and all but than failed
Old 07-18-2018, 06:02 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah. The kick ass moments we got were awesome though, at least