Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallistaHogan (View Post)
^^ Haha, goodness knows I was bawling. When I was watching the movie today, I had just finished it and tears were absolutely rolling down my cheeks. And, of course, my grandmother took that moment to come in the room and I had to frantically try to hide my tears.

But Rhett and Scarlett's love story is truly one for the ages. Indeed, it's already withstood an age and it'll withstand more than that. They might actually have my favorite love story of all time, and that's saying something considering how many couples I ship. They literally have everything I look for in a couple and more. They are flawless in both the book and the movie.

That, and the fact that Rhett = Damon. Completely and utterly. I can see why Damon loves the book so much.
My family members know even too well I'm practically the easily crying person in the world probably. Once I burst into tears and I'm really passionate about the thing that's worth all the sobbing, hardly no one can ever comfort me.

That's exactly what's so drawing about their story! It's withstood decades already and it's still on everyone's lips. No one can walk into a pop-art gallery, scan through the posters in Virgin Megastore not to come across the poster from Gone with the Wind!

I can already guess with ease Damon sees himself as Rhett. And it makes me want to drown in the pages with double force!

I just read Margaret won a Pulitzer for Gone with the Wind and so help me God, but I was sure it was written a bit earlier.. and not made into a movie just 2 years after the publishing! WOW!

D&E
Old 04-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Good catch! I never compared the similarities between Rhett and Damon. Interesting indeed.

Yeah, I teared up at the ending though too. Its so bittersweet, but it give you a lot to mull over for the days after. Its truly a classic. Everyone needs to read it once in their lifetime if not more.

Tumblr|Abby
Old 04-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
My family members know even too well I'm practically the easily crying person in the world probably. Once I burst into tears and I'm really passionate about the thing that's worth all the sobbing, hardly no one can ever comfort me.

That's exactly what's so drawing about their story! It's withstood decades already and it's still on everyone's lips. No one can walk into a pop-art gallery, scan through the posters in Virgin Megastore not to come across the poster from Gone with the Wind!

I can already guess with ease Damon sees himself as Rhett. And it makes me want to drown in the pages with double force!

I just read Margaret won a Pulitzer for Gone with the Wind and so help me God, but I was sure it was written a bit earlier.. and not made into a movie just 2 years after the publishing! WOW!
I am definitely the crying type. I never used to be, but for the past couple of years, I've been known to cry at the drop of the hat, especially because of fictional couples and characters. After Damon's ILY, I was bawling for HOURS. And don't even get me started on my tears after the end of GWTW. I was crying so hard that the words were literally blurring in front of me, I could barely even see to read, but I brushed them off with impatience because I just HAD to read on. I just had to know what was going to happen.

Exactly. Gone With the Wind is one of the great American classics, if not the greatest American classic of all time. The scope, the majesty, the depth of the novel can't be beaten. It is truly in a class of its own.

Damon definitely is Rhett. That's obvious. And he can definitely sympathize and understand Rhett. The parallels in characterization end with him, primarily because Scarlett seems a mixture of Katherine and Elena, but the relationships... they're so similar I can hardly stand it. Even though DE can't hold a candle to Rhett/Scarlett's relationship, I hate to say.

And wow. That's impressive. And the movie won so many Academy Awards, for good reason, because the cinematography takes my breath away.

Quote:
Good catch! I never compared the similarities between Rhett and Damon. Interesting indeed.

Yeah, I teared up at the ending though too. Its so bittersweet, but it give you a lot to mull over for the days after. Its truly a classic. Everyone needs to read it once in their lifetime if not more.
There are so many similarities. It's honestly striking how similar they are.

God, the ending. It broke my heart, but I have to believe that Rhett and Scarlett eventually find their way back to each other. Scarlett is too headstrong and too willful to let Rhett get away, now that she knows that she truly loves him. And I don't care what Rhett says, you don't just stop loving someone after you've loved them for 12 years. It just doesn't happen, even if they don't love you.

And IA. Everyone should read GWTW at least once, even though I'm sure to read it way more than that. I finished reading it last night and I already have the urge to go back and reread it!

Wow, this was a long post. I'm so sorry. I just can't help gushing about GWTW.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Callista, Paulina had to go so she says that she'll reply to you tomorrow about GWTW

icon | Karla
Old 04-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Awwhh I loved your long post, very insightful I am a crier too, don't worry. Its kinda sad/funny how involved and passionate I get about the couples I ship! Hhaha, you should see the GG shipping wars..its brutal.

Scarlett is a motivated woman when she puts her focus on a prize, she fights to win. I'm sure she worked and worked to regain Rhett's affection, and in the end I'm positive she succeeded.

Btw I gotta go to the gym guys..UGH Ttyl!! Delena Dance soon!!! WOOTWOOT.

Tumblr|Abby
Old 04-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

^^ That's okay. I completely understand.

So, are you excited about the DE dance tomorrow? I KNOW I AM.

ETA: Exactly. Scarlett got everything that she ever wanted in the end. I'm not counting Ashley, because she never truly wanted him, not really, she just loved the idea of him. But if Scarlett wants something... if she's determined to get it... then no one can stop her. No power on Earth can stop her. She eventually won him back. I'm POSITIVE that their story could not have ended in any other way than that.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallistaHogan (View Post)
^^ That's okay. I completely understand.

So, are you excited about the DE dance tomorrow? I KNOW I AM.
Excited is an understatement for what I feel right now.. *heart explodes*
I'm so happy. I'm overwhelmed. So full of emotions right now. I feel like i'll cry so hard during the entire episode. I'm a crier too, and it's like so tiring because I have massive headaches when I finish crying. But i'm so looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

Oh, I have to say something to you all but i'll do it later when more people are online.

icon | Karla
Old 04-13-2011, 04:24 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKarlaCruz (View Post)
Excited is an understatement for what I feel right now.. *heart explodes*
I'm so happy. I'm overwhelmed. So full of emotions right now. I feel like i'll cry so hard during the entire episode. I'm a crier too, and it's like so tiring because I have massive headaches when I finish crying. But i'm so looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

Oh, I have to say something to you all but i'll do it later when more people are online.
Omg Karla, I am experiencing all of the same emotions as you right now! Twenty four hours!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit3252 (View Post)
Omg Karla, I am experiencing all of the same emotions as you right now! Twenty four hours!!!
Hi Brit
I'm so glad someone feels the same way as I do! I feel like I'm going crazy with anticipation The wait is driving me CRAZY.

icon | Karla
Old 04-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKarlaCruz (View Post)
Hi Brit
I'm so glad someone feels the same way as I do! I feel like I'm going crazy with anticipation The wait is driving me CRAZY.
Oh trust me, I am FREAKING out - I seriously cannot believe there are only 24 more hours!

Also, I'm super excited to read your fic and start that dark one tonight ...and to hear what you want to tell the thread!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Hi everyone!!!!
HotLatina!!! Bribri!!
Oh HotLatina I didn't read your one shot last night Can you post it again???

Oh Georgi thank you for the vid that you posted in the previous page
Old 04-13-2011, 04:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

Roxy!! you read that fic I posted last night?
Old 04-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrr222 (View Post)
Hi everyone!!!!
HotLatina!!! Bribri!!
Oh HotLatina I didn't read your one shot last night Can you post it again???
WarmLatina!!
HERE -> On my knees, a Vampire Diaries fanfic - FanFiction.Net
Enjoy it
You too Brit. <3 & tell me what you think of the dark one

icon | Karla
Old 04-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brit3252 (View Post)
Roxy!! you read that fic I posted last night?
Bribri: Come back when you can? Yes

Thank you HL!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Master Fan

I wonder if I should post the fic that I wrote, what with all this talk about fics. I'm anxious about it, though. Not sure if it's any good.