Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2011, 01:43 AM
Master Fan

Overall, it was a good episode - I still like last week's episode the best out of all of them so far.

The episode was really, really informative into Stefan's past! I'm glad we saw this chapter in his life. He was a completely different Stefan, way more fun, and kind of sick but it was awesome. When he made that guy drink his wife's blood I was like thinking, "Who is he?!" I love that Klaus and Stefan were friends back then, I wonder how long he ran with the Klaus-crowd and Rebekah! Just the 20s? and was it years or months or just a few weeks...?

Stefan/Rebekah - I liked them! It shows that originals can fall in love - she did fall for Stefan and was willing to leave Klaus. But, I wonder if Stefan was real about her, it's amazing how long he kept that necklace, not knowing it was hers but still feeling that it was special. The necklace, does it have a spell cast on it? Rebekah said something about a witch and then love, I didn't hear it b/c people were talking while I was watching

Stefan/Katherine - So, Stefan kept the necklace and he also kept Katherine's photo for all these years. She did mean something to him, and clearly she was always close to him, literally. I like Katherine in disguise with the short hair. They almost could have met in 1920s again, looked like Katherine was going after the necklace but then Stefan picked it up. I was SO glad to see Katherine in the 1920s flashback - She has been watching Stefan and keeping an eye on him. So, she knew that Stefan and Klaus were friends? I wonder too, if she was just watching over Stefan or trailing Klaus, or both. If she was tracking Klaus, then maybe she was trying to find out who was after him, and possibly team up with them or something for what he did to her family. I cannot wait for more Stefan/Katherine scenes.

My memory is a little hazy- why did Klaus family have to choose sides again? Like was he saying, "You either help me become a hybrid or... bye-bye, in the coffin you go" ? Which makes me wonder, who is Klaus running from? He wants an army of hybrids, for what enemy? To everyone he's an untouchable-never-dying hybrid but there is something that scares him. Which makes me wonder now, if the wolf that Elena came face-to-face in the woods last episode, was it really Klaus or the new enemy that may be after Klaus... I don't even know anymore.

Klaus' reason for choosing Stefan of all people, is because they were friends, and he just wanted him in his circle again? Is that all though? I don't know when Klaus said, "To be honest, I hated you" it just reminded me of "That sounds like the beginning of a love story, not the end of one" xD I really like watching Klefan, their scenes are great! I don't think Stefan will be friends with Klaus, but trying to fool Klaus is not the easiest of things - I still think he knows Elena's alive, and I find it odd that he couldn't smell Elena in the room. He's old and he's an original, he drank her blood, but he couldn't smell her? I just think he already knows Elena's alive and knows that she was there.

Stefan/Elena breakup- I thought we'd get more out of their first scene confronting each other. All the while, I was worrying about Damon basically
putting himself in a situation where he can get his heart ripped out. I was so touched by this because he told Elena he's gonna distract Klaus make sure you can get "it" done and by "it" meaning, get Stefan home. He was dying so his brother and Elena can go home. Damon's character blows me away, he is awesome.

No more witch stuff though, it's kind of hard to wrap my head around the witches and their spells.

Caroline/ - her dad is psycho. How could he do that to his daughter - it was beyond disturbing to watch him do that to her and how at the end
she was so weak I love Liz showing up - their mother/daughter relationship has developed so much since season 1, it's great to see where
they're at now.

Damon/Elena - The bed scene was one of my favorite things about the episode! I found it so cute that he was just laying beside her waiting for her to get up and then she snuggled against him and looked so comfortable. The scene when he came back to Stefan's old place, and Elena was saying how she called him an hour ago. I love how broken up he felt about leaving her. The way he keeps it bottled up inside though, because he can't think if something happened to her while he left.. and what his plan was next - the scene spoke volumes to me and how much I love that he went shopping for her lol, so darn cute! I loved all their scenes, I can't wait till next week!

Last edited by Brucas <3; 09-30-2011 at 01:50 AM
Old 09-30-2011, 02:14 AM
Elite Fan

Wow, that was an amazing episode. I'd say the best I've seen of TVD in a while now. The flashbacks were awesome in this ep. Really well done, TVD.

So, we see Katherine is back, for what reasons I don't even know.

I don't even know how I feel about Stefan anymore. He was right with what he was saying to Elena, things are not going to be the same. That, to me, felt like an official break up almost. What was more sad to me, was that Elena seems very much so in denial. The stare between Stefan & Elena...was kind of, I don't know, I couldn't take it seriously. It felt kind of...forced. Anyone else feel the same?

With Stefan, he was presented as the good guy, the hero, and now...this. It's really weird, yet expected at the same time because I guess as time went on in TVD with the flashbacks and stuff, you knew that he was kind of different, but I never expected it to go this extent. Honestly, it seems like he was worse than Damon.

TC was awesome. Caroline's dad...umm, f you?

The Damon & Elena scenes were subtle, yet cute. The first one, especially. Even if they were subtle, you can tell the feelings are becoming more and more out there.

It feels like there's going to be a romance brewing between Stefan & Rebeka. I SHIP IT.

So, Stefan & Klaus were friends...interesting. Really nice twist.

I think the biggest question to come out of this episode, is what is the history behind this necklace. I'm really curious. Why would Stefan give it to Elena?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andra (View Post)
can we get a rebekah/stefan thread started here? haha.
YES PLEASE
Old 09-30-2011, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
It felt kind of...forced. Anyone else feel the same?
Maybe to some DE fans, but I thought it was beautifully acted and once again Paul and Nina know how to bring it
Old 09-30-2011, 02:51 AM
Ultimate Fan

Pretty good episode

I loved the little TC we got, i wish it was more but it was perfection.

not gonna get into the whole S/D/E thing, i enjoy Klaus.

Now what i wanna know is "who/what" is that Sebastian Roche playing, i mean i thought he was just gonna be a normal vamp hunter but OH NOE but he doesn´t AGE is he a vamp, a witch or an original. His he papa Original ???? i´ve got questions
Old 09-30-2011, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm too busy to go into detail sadly...

So I actually felt a little underwhelmed when the episode finished last night, but having slept on it, I definitely really enjoyed the episode. I think, whenever an episode is crazy hyped up, I always expect something crazy...so that was part of my initial disappointment.

Anyway...I'll get the Caroline stuff out the way...

Candice is brilliant...but those scenes felt really awkward in this episode for me? Like...what was the point? It was just horrible to watch. I loved Liiz/Tyler saving her. And I liked the complicated message behind Bill's treatment of her, which can definitely be applied to real life...but IDK...there has to be some repurcussions from this. HAS TO BE. I personally wouldn't mind seeing a slightly darker Car. Don't get me wrong,I LOVE her....but when you consider that Damon and Stefan both still struggle with the vampire natures...Caroline has had in relatively easy in that regard.

Stefan/Klaus - LOOOOVED IT. I am SOLD. They were FRIENDS. It just makes everything SO much more complex. Because no matter how good Stefan has become, those feelings he had were genuine. Same goes for Stefan/Rebekah (hot btw), sooo intrigued to see Stefan struggle with this. And I LOVED Rebekah!!

Katherine felt totally pointless in this episode to me...bit of a plot device I do love that she is still following Stefan though Hopefully she'll have more to do next week

I just have to share how RELIEVED I was when I found out that Stefan had actually forgotten about the necklace....because I was so CREEPED out when I was thinking that he had given it to Elena, having known. Thank goodness That will be another blow to poor Elena though

Stefan/Elena - I actually thought the closet scene was well done. It was very tense. I do think that Klaus knew she was there, and is just biding his time or something...because SERIOUSLY? He's meant to be this crazy BAMF man, and he didn't hear her heartbeat? But anyway, the hope on Elena's face when she saw Stefan was heartbreaking. And the pain, and fear on Stefan's was equally so.

That being said, I think part of the reason I felt underwhelmed by the episode was because of their break up scene. I know alot of you will probably think I'm just saying this because I'm a DE shipper....but I just didn't feel it. I felt their phonecall in 3x01...but this felt lacking. I think I was just expecting more passion, from Elena's side. I realise she was overwhelmed by the situation, but IDK...I didn't feel the drama. Probably just me.

Damon really did have some of his best lines in this episode!! Calling Klaus 'honey', his line about Stefan not being a virgin And it was a small moment, but very important - when he offered the trade to Klaus. He was happily going to sacrifice himself so that Stefan and Elena could be together...says alot IMO

And last but not least...Damon and Elena Such small moments, but so awesome. They are killing me this season. And I will just leave it at that

The flashbacks looked beautiful And the promo looks awesome for next week
Old 09-30-2011, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

I think Elena is in denial, which is why there wasn't really any passion. I feel like she feels like she's out control in this situation, and she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
Maybe to some DE fans, but I thought it was beautifully acted and once again Paul and Nina know how to bring it
Well, of course we have our different preferences & I usually think that Paul & Nina do bring it with their scenes It's just that, for me, Elena's expression felt a little forced. I feel like...I don't know. It just seemed weird for me, maybe it was because we haven't seen a scene with them in a while. I appreciate SE's scenes, so it's not as if I'm against them or whatever, but idk...their scenes felt very detached for me last night. Maybe it's being done on purpose.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow I really loved this episode!

So Stefan knew Klaus all along and hooked up with his sister? WOW.

My heart broke for poor Caroline, her dad is a psycho, I'm glad Liz and Tyler teamed up and rescued her!

I think Elena is starting to realize what Stefan did but she still hasn't the gasp the whole weight of his actions.

Katherine is in Chicago? Why is she following Klaus/Stefan when they might kill her as soon as she is discovered?

And of course the necklace in Elena's possession is exactly what Klaus needs, go figure.

I won't even comment the DE bedroom scene. I have mixing emotions toward Damon.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:44 AM
Addicted Fan

Stefan and Elena - Closet scene was amazing. One look with no words exchanged at all and the chemistry was just flowing. Elena's face was gorgeous. She was scared, relieved, nervous and just so happy to finally get a look at Stefan SE are having some of the most meaningful scenes in TVD, ever.

The break-up scene was just as powerful. Paul is fantastic, his emotional range is amazing. He is definitely my favourite actor. He can do it all. I also noticed how Elena kept looking at Stefan's mouth She wanted to kiss her love

Caroline - Her scenes were painful to watch Knowing someone that is supposed to love you can do that to you has got to mess you up. I felt for Caroline so much.

Damon and Elena - I feel absolutely nothing from them. They inspire not one lick of any feeling from me. They are just there.

Damon - I loved that for once he was being selfless. Although it would be nice if it was done for Stefan and not for Elena, but beggars can't be choosers. I however do not appreciate his stalking of Elena and him looking through her underwear draw, that was just not needed.

Klaus and Rebecca - Very interesting. I am looking forward to more of their story. And I am actually enjoying Stefan's involvement with them. Everyone wants a piece of Stefan
Old 09-30-2011, 05:52 AM
Extreme Fan

"Well, here we are once more and again folks, now i didn't post my thoughts on last week's episode cuz all that i liked was Tyler and his mom, Caroline and her dad, and Damon fighting the werewolves. But last night's episode, i got something too say, like too hear it, well here it goes:

KLAUS & STEFAN: 'So they knew each other in a previous life, NICE! And REBECCA, B/K/A, BEX is an original like her brother, even more FASCINATING! So now my question is, 'When are we going too see the rest of THE ORIGINALS???' and i guess we are soon back to Klaus is going after Elena again, they have to sacrifice her in order for him to create a hybrid army no doubt. This is starting to get a little played out writers, i hope once you are done with all this, you have something else better up you all sleeves. And Stefan is back to being the RIPPER, well let the ripping beg-----i mean, let the ripping continue. Man! apart of me is really going to hate this, but then another part of me PERVERTINGLY(I DOUBT IF THAT'S A WORD)is going to love every minute of it, I'M CONFLICTED!!!'

LIZ: 'I thought i loved you before, i really L-O-V-E you now, the way you defended Caroline against dumbapples there. I'm just so proud of you and you continue to be the voice of reason when it comes too your daughter!'

BILL: 'You need your apricot kicked, you really should have gotten your apricot beaten by Tyler when you got in his face like that telling him he wasn't going in that room ro get his woman. I just wished you got knocked the hell out or better yet;Liz should have shot you directly, not just shot at you directly. But that's alright, you are going to get yours and you are going to get it MAJOR!'

TYLER & CAROLINE: '!!!'

JEREMY: 'Where you at???'

MATT: 'Where you at???'

BONNIE: 'Where you at too my sistah, but at least she will be back next week, YAY!'

ALARIC: 'Where you at too my brother???'

DAMON: 'Crazy as hell......like always!' A-N-D..........

ELENA: 'She will be alright!'

Well, until next time peeps, DEUCES!!!...................." D.V.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:59 AM
Elite Fan

Just a few thoughts:

SE: I loved their closet scene. Paul's face i just love their unspoken moments, and it has been so LONG.

Damon: I can actually say, besides two things he did this episode that i can't explain and kind of bothered me, i really like how all of the witches seem to like Damon (i want to know more of this history!!!) and how he was willing to take Stefan's place to go with Klaus.

Caroline: It's weird to say this but i can't really feel in these torture scenes. i hate that she keeps getting tortured but i feel like it's being thrown in my face by the writers that i should feel bad for her character and so they make her go through all of this so that i can connect with her character or something. IDK...

Stefan/Klaus: As much as it pains me to see what Stefan is going through, for me i LOVE this pair. i really do. but im ready for them to get back to mystic falls. but the backstory was interesting and i can only wonder why katherine is REALLY there. but now that stefan is compelled to remember things, their pairing will probably take a turn for the worse.

Witches: I love, love, love witches. i pretty much love that they are the know-it-all, end all be all in this world of supernatural, at least from the vampire's point of view. I think Gloria is going to play an important part in this story and I want to see Bonnie do the same. i think witches may be the only key to saving Stefan from Klaus and protecting others.

oh and it was nice to see Bonnie in a promo. i miss her dearly. too bad she will probably be put RIGHT to work with all of the drama that is going around
Old 09-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
There's no need to bring a shipper group into your comment Nikki, that's not indicative of a person's preference to a scene.

Quote:
I don't get why people seem to think that Stefan and Rebekah only knew each other for a couple of nights. In the first flashback with all three of them Klaus said that Rebekah had told him so much about Stefan. That made me think they had been seein each other for a while. I could be wrong though.
I think it seemed like that too not exactly sure HOW long but Klaus did say "so this is the famous Stefan Salvatore I've been hearing so much about. " and then of course the comment about hating him at first but they became friends after awhile so I can't see that being a quick transition.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 09-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Elite Fan

How dumb was it that Klaus an original vampire couldnt hear Elena breathing or her heartbeat in the closet I hate contrived stuff like that. I thought the same thing last week when in the woods he didnt hear or see Damon/Elena/Alaric in the woods but Stefan could.
"Me and you..."
"It's a date."
Old 09-30-2011, 09:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Tyler/Caroline were absolutely perfect in this episode. They just get each other so much that they don't need words. They complete each other.

I really love Rebecca too. I didn't think I would, but Claire Holt managed to sell her character. She has excellent chem with Joseph Morgan and Paul Wesley.

Also, woo hoo Chicago! Nice to see my city get some focus for once! I bet they chose that location because Julie Plec is from my neck of the woods.

ETA: I really hope Klaus isn't as stupid as they're portraying him. He HAS to know what's going on right?! Couldn't he hear Elena's heartbeat?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

Okay so, I haven't been a fan of Stefan/Klaus so far but this episode definitely changed that.

Damon/Elena: They didn't really get many moments this episode but they were still cute nonetheless. Loved when Elena rolled on to Damon's chest I was totally squealing haha! Oh and the fact that Damon bought her a dress? AWWWWWW

Stefan/Elena: The closet scene was quite tense. The break up scene was...harsh but I guess Stefan had to do what he had to do.

Stefan/Rebecah: How AWESOME was that? They had so much chemistry, I was shocked!

Old School Stefan: Ridiculously awesome. When he made that guy drink his wife's (or whatever she was) blood, my jaw almost hit the floor. Now THAT is what we're talking about. I don't know about anyone else but when I'm watching a sci fi show about vampires, I'm not expecting ~good~, moralistic characters. I want shyyt to hit the fan. THAT moment made me a fan of Ripper!Stefan. Because if that's what we'll get with him being bad, I'll take it.

Stefan/Klaus: I can really get behind them now. There is history there and it now looks like they're going to really raise some hell. Cannot freakin' wait.

Damon/Stefan: I have to say, DS are kind of ruling my heart right now and that has never happened before haha. Even though they didn't have any stand out moment this episode per say, it's the subtle things that are really starting to break my heart. The fact that Damon wanted to take Stefan's place just so that SE could go off and live their fairytale? Swoon. The fact that Stefan is in this situation because he wanted to save Damon? Pretty awesome. I don't know, ever since S3 started I've started to understand their brotherhood a lot more. No matter WHAT happens, it will always come down to the two of them. I love DE to bits but they're not the show's OTP and neither are SE. DS are. And I've really learnt to appreciate that.

Also, Paul was FANTASTIC this episode!

Last edited by Butterflies18; 09-30-2011 at 11:07 AM
Old 09-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Claire's dad from Heroes is Caroline's dad on TVD.