Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
But being someone's second choice doesn't give anyone the right to behave like Damon.. I can just imagine if the shoe was on Stefan's foot, I doubt people would be making as many concessions as they make for Damon.. it is a copout to use that as an excuse.

Damon was already predispositioned to evil sorts of ways.. I mean even when he was human he was doing horrible things in the name of his love for Katherine.. Damon has an incredible mean streak and I don't think it has anything to do with people wanting to help him or not. If you want to change then make the choice to change.. if Damon actually cared enough to put the effort in then maybe people would start helping him... Damon is like a wild animal.. you never know how he is going to react to something, he can be extremely dangerous, Damon needs to draw strength from inside to curb that and then people will start to take him wanting to be good seriously and help him!!

His whole wanting to change stems on him being 'in-love' with Elena, yet all his choices involve her getting hurt in some way.. whether it be emotionally or physically.. aslong as Elena doesn't die.. Damon doesn't care and he has said that. I don't see that as love.. I see it as possessive or an unheathly obssession.
Stefan's hardly an angel himself though is he? He's the one that got Damon turned in the first place so you could say that he's indirectly responsible for the way Damon has acted. But again, they are vampires and they aren't human and vampires' instincts are therefore different.

What exactly did Damon do when he was human that was bad? Sorry, I need my brain refreshed because all I remember is "sweet" Damon as Katherine puts it. And I find it funny that Damon's actions are inexcusable, but that time when Stefan was biting people in S1 is okay...and like I said, Damon isn't going to change all night but he is changing. The fact that he cares about Elena at all shows that. His decisions now might not all be right, but like he said, it it keeps her alive then so be it.

And IA^
Old 04-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

delenalove, Asena, I completely agree
Old 04-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And I find it funny that Damon's actions are inexcusable, but that time when Stefan was biting people in S1 is okay...
I can't speak for everyone but i dont think i ever thought Stefan's actions were ok when he was biting people...in fact no one on the show did including Stefan, Damon and Elena. Which is why they helped him out in the first place (locked him up etc). I think although it's part of their nature to feed, they can control it, and Damon has even in the past admitted to being able to control it, but right now he's choosing not to. I just kind of hate the fact that whenever someone talks down about Damon or talks down about Stefan a comparision between the two happens when at the end of the day they are individual characters with individual actions. So at the end of the day for me, every character aside, the way Andie is being treated in my book is wrong. No comparisons to season 1, or something stefan did, etc.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I will politely agree to disagree with you then, because everything that you are saying is just an excuse for Damon to continue on the way he is.

Stefan knows everything that he has done.. it is written on his face and he hates himself for it (it's why he wants to be a better person).. he lives with the guilt and it pretty much eats him alive.

We are never going to agree on this so let's just end this convo now, before it gets out of hand.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
Well I will politely agree to disagree with you then, because everything that you are saying is just an excuse for Damon to continue on the way he is.

Stefan knows everything that he has done.. it is written on his face and he hates himself for it (it's why he wants to be a better person).. he lives with the guilt and it pretty much eats him alive.

We are never going to agree on this so let's just end this convo now, before it gets out of hand.
i agree to end the convo ha
like agree with the damon side instead of the stefan one but cause everyone thinks differently i think it could get out of hand

Elena-"Do you promise not to do that mind control with
me?"

Damon-"Yes"

Elena-"can I trust you?"
Damon-...Get in the car ...c'mon"
Old 12-29-2016, 01:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

ugh this effing thread is exhausting. so glad i wasnt around when these stupid arguments were going on...

Elena reviving Elijah was pretty awesome.

I didn't care about Katherine/Elijah at all. Meh. Flashbacks were a snooze.

Personally I love that Damon didn't want to allow Elena out of the house! I love how much he wants to protect her.

Personally I feel like Damon showed a lot of restraint with Andie. He could have killed her and it seemed he was planning to in the beginning, so I am glad he just compelled her to leave. Boy is hurting right now big time.

Another very blah episode though I just didn’t care about the flashbacks and the DS fighting was no bueno.
Old 08-29-2019, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

wow. interesting viewpoints here.