Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2011, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

credit
Old 05-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Here's the audio and the transcript - took me ages! paul wesley vampire diaries kiis fm | Tumblr

^ I love that picture. He looks so young and happy!

ETA:

Source

Last edited by Raguoc; 05-09-2011 at 10:01 AM
Old 05-09-2011, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the hard work, Bethuna!

Welcome, Jen!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

He looks so tall in that picture!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 05-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Absolute Fan

source
- Paul Thomas Wasilewski - Stelena Eternity

“It’s in my contract that I have to whisper.If I go above a certain octave, I get electrocuted.”
— Paul Wesley

he is so like that time when he said that the only way he does those crying scenes, is when Ian is down near him punching and squeezing his leg.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanx for that interview
I think he is pretty tall
yeap we are haveing a new op for 50th =D

I found love where it
wasn't supposed to be
{}
Old 05-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightstar (View Post)

“It’s in my contract that I have to whisper.If I go above a certain octave, I get electrocuted.”
— Paul Wesley

OMG.

I love his sense of humour
Old 05-10-2011, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

freaking smile! he is planning to kill me!
Old 05-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Elite Fan

Paul Wesley Interview, 2003, Aged 20

Actor’s career has stops in NYC, Prague, now L.A

Lakewood Prep grad Paul Wasilewski has appeared on popular television shows

By jeanette M. eng Staff Writer

If you were watching Smallville on the WB television network on Feb. 12, you would have seen him playing evil brother Lucas Luthor. If you have been watching American Dreams on NBC on Sundays, you might have caught him portraying J.J.’s friend, Tommy DeFelice. He lives in an "awesome" house with an "amazing view of the valley" in Studio City, Los Angeles, drives a Mercedes-Benz CLK-430, and enjoys relaxing on his rooftop in the bright lights of the Hollywood sun.

Life, however, was not always so plush and fun for young Paul Wasilewski, a Marlboro native who is quickly molding his acting career at only 20 years old.

After landing a role on the soap opera Guiding Light, Wasilewski still had to find a way to balance his career with his responsibilities as a high school junior.

"I went to three different high schools because a lot of them weren’t very accommodating [of my career]," Wasilewski recalled. "I got kicked out of Marlboro High School because they couldn’t tolerate the way I was missing school."

Wasilewski eventually graduated from Lakewood Prep, Howell, where they were "so understanding and really made it possible for me to do this," he said.

That was only one of the crossroads in the young actor’s career where he found himself doubting his dream and wondering if he was doing the right thing. Nevertheless, he has clearly made his decision and hasn’t stopped moving since he was 15.

At 15, after dabbling in school theater, the stars in his eyes led the way as Wasilewski realized that he "really wanted to audition [for major roles]." So, he set out to pursue modeling as a stepping-stone for acting. The stepping-stone grew into a two-year job with the renowned Ford Modeling Agency. This eventually led to his recruitment by an acting agent, which led to acting showcases in Manhattan, which led to a job on the soap opera Another World, which led to a call from the soap opera Guiding Light.

In the midst of his developing career, however, Wasilewski maintains a high regard for education. He said he has always studied hard and actually never thought he would take on acting as a profession.

"I thought I was going to go to college, get my degree and have a regular job just like everyone else," he said.

Yet, after one semester at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, Wasilewski couldn’t afford the cost of school and time for something he "wasn’t concentrating on." He dropped out with the assurance that he could return at any time, which he plans to do.

"I’m definitely going to go back to school and get my degree," he said. "I think that’s so important."

But at that moment, Wasilewski decided he had a career to concentrate on.

"It was such a hard decision for me," he said, recalling the weeks of debate and deliberation the decision required.

Wasilewski’s consolation came soon after, however, when he landed the lead on the television series Wolf Lake. The role of Luke Trane was short-lived, however, as the show was canceled soon after it premiered.

But, as the quickly maturing actor has learned, "whatever happens happens." Gleaning thoughts from a book he is currently reading, The Power of Now, Wasilewski said that "a lot of it is luck and hard work. I don’t think you can really plan anything. I just try to make good choices."

With that mind-set, Wasilewski left the set of Wolf Lake only to find himself in Prague, Czech Republic.

"I did the pilot for a show that shot in Prague, and if it had gotten picked up, I would have had to live there for seven years," he said.

Faced with the possibility of a seven-year contract that would change his way of life, his friends and his entire environment as he had known it to be, Wasilewski made the best "actor-choice" he could.

"I knew that if the show was that successful to be showing on NBC for seven years, that by the time I got back, I would be a well-known actor," he explained. "So, I decided to do it."

The television pilot never got picked up as a regular series, but as the recurring theme of Wasilewski’s life seems to be, participating in that job led to yet another opportunity.

"The producers of American Dreams saw the show in Prague and asked me to read for them," Wasilewski said, "and I ended up on the show."

It has been a long and crazy ride for this young man, contrary to the "smooth sailing" that many people may think acting is.

"I don’t really live the typical young person’s life. I have a different agenda ... a whole different life," Wasilewski said, describing some of the doubts that have dotted his dream. "I have a lot of responsibilities that most people don’t have to face until later, and a lot of times I just want to be a normal kid and have a laid-back hometown life with friends."

Having a serious profession and making substantial money at the age of 15 was very stressful, Wasilewski said.

"And being rejected at the age of 17 or 18 makes you start doubting yourself," he said.

What’s the verdict? Well, Wasilewski won’t let his doubts get the best of him, but takes it for what it’s worth.

As a result, "acting is not something I take for granted, and I try to get better every day," he said.

So, after all this stress and doubt, what keeps this aspiring actor from turning around and heading home to Marlboro? Wasilewski attributes his passion to his childhood obsession with analyzing people and things.

"I really appreciate being able to take a completely different life and put yourself in another’s shoes," he explained.

Wasilewski’s true appreciation for the art is not as common as some may think.

"There’s a lot of people in acting that aren’t in it for the craft. They come out to L.A. expecting to get big, with no appreciation for the art," he said, noting the number of blond-haired, blue-eyed models he’s seen trying to be actors and actresses.

A great moment in Wasilewski’s career was when he truly "lost himself in the character," a strategy called "method acting."

"I literally forgot what I was doing while I was reading my lines and was able to channel everything into the audition," he explained. "I forgot where I was and literally felt like I had become this character, and it was just this incredible moment. Imagine being able to access that anytime."

When the actor is not having meetings, shooting a show or partaking in other actor-type activities, he keeps himself busy with his hobbies.

"It’s important to have hobbies so that I don’t end up sitting around watching TV," Wasilewski said.

The project on his plate right now is the production of a documentary. Wasilewski and some friends are planning to highlight the story of Clifford Etienne, a professional boxer who started his ring career in jail.

"We’re going to interview him and his family, and we have footage of him fighting," Wasilewski explained. "I’m going to be in the locker room before his upcoming fight to talk to him, and we hope to sell it [the documentary] to film festivals."

Wasilewski’s hobbies also include snowboarding, playing hockey, writing and playing the guitar.

The 20-year-old is "happy with life right now." His plans simply include following his instincts and making the best decisions he can, he said. He hopes to avoid "getting stuck in the L.A. scene" by sticking to his grounded East Coast roots, something for which he is very grateful.

The "boy from the streets who just wanted to act," as his mother called him, also credits his family for his success and even across the country, maintains close ties with them, speaking on the phone with them several times a day.

"I’m the No. 1 supporter of following your passion," said Paul’s mother, Agnieshka Wasilewski. "I believe that if you have something that you really want to do, I’m not going to tell you that you have to stay in school first.

"He can always go back to school," she continued. "I want to be proud of him, which I already am, but my only wish is for him to be happy."

Wasilewski’s family also includes his father, Thomas, and sisters, Monika, 22, a graduate of St. John Vianney High School, Holmdel; Julia, 7; and Leah, 4.

Source: Actor’s career has stops in NYC, Prague, now L.A. | tritown.gmnews.com | Tri-Town News

Note: Paul's role in Wolf Lake was "Luke Cates" not "Luke Trane".
Old 05-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Loyal Fan

thanks guys for the sharings everything is wonderful Paul is awesome!

so hot!

source
Old 05-10-2011, 03:52 PM
Absolute Fan

Sorry for neglecting this thread!

Everything is soo beautiful, I love that Paul contract quote. Love the guy so much!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:42 PM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Aww that old interview about Paul - he even mentions the playing guitar

Can we please see Stefan/Paul in a suit more often

Source
Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Paul has the quirkiest humour He is to funny

^ I would love for Stefan/Paul to atleast have on one suit in one scene every episode
Old 05-11-2011, 05:50 AM
Master Fan

Is there anything that doesn't make me love him more?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:29 AM
dbn
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natesgal55 (View Post)
I would love for Stefan/Paul to atleast have on one suit in one scene every episode
Plus one shirtless scene in every episode too