Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2011, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by delenalove (View Post)
I'm pretty sure the reason you're so optimistic is because you know Stelena is end game in the books. Though I do feel it's predictable now anyway, knowing how it's going to end.
That may be part of it. But not all of it. I am also quite curious to see what will happen in future books. I was never a big fan of the changes the return series produced, as being a big fan of the original. So, I'm wondering how this new writer will go about trying to change things, given what had happened in Midnight.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay to the Lights (View Post)
That may be part of it. But not all of it. I am also quite curious to see what will happen in future books. I was never a big fan of the changes the return series produced, as being a big fan of the original. So, I'm wondering how this new writer will go about trying to change things, given what had happened in Midnight.
Rofl your one of the first SE/DB fans that has actually been honest. I think I metaphorically fell off my chair at you agreeing with me.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Rofl your one of the first SE/DB fans that has actually been honest. I think I metaphorically fell off my chair at you agreeing with me.
Others haven't been honest? Well, that's me. Honest to the point.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Others haven't been honest? Well, that's me. Honest to the point.
Yeah, there is a lot of lying and denial when it comes to pairings and trying not to show off. Lol.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, there is a lot of lying and denial when it comes to pairings and trying not to show off. Lol.
Yeah. I guess that happens.

Anyway onto more promising issues, I am quite excited for the Secret Circle to be turned into a TV series.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Yeah. I guess that happens.

Anyway onto more promising issues, I am quite excited for the Secret Circle to be turned into a TV series.
Me too! I want desperately to know who is going to be playing who. Is the show going to start in September this year or is it a project that will take till next year to hit our screens?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Me too! I want desperately to know who is going to be playing who. Is the show going to start in September this year or is it a project that will take till next year to hit our screens?
If the pilot gets screened well, and with KW now attached to the project I have no doubt it will be picked to air.. then yes, we will see it in the fall.
Old 02-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
If the pilot gets screened well, and with KW now attached to the project I have no doubt it will be picked to air.. then yes, we will see it in the fall.
I hope so
Old 02-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I hope so too. I'm really excited about this show.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

LJS has now a guest book on her website and she had replied to some comments.

Quote:
Hi, I just wanted to see if the most recent blog had scared anyone else? It seemed like LJ was talking about not being able to publish many more books for The Vampire Diaries or something. Is this true? What's going on?

Hi Clara! What you've heard is true is true, and it's also true that I fouight it for months. But the time comes when there is no way to fight anymore. So I have to stand up and take it like a woman. The series will not end; it's just me off the case. And, no, I did not like that either, and I wish I had a clear reason to offer you. But Midnight, which is coming out in March, is all mine, and the ghostwriter may use some of my manuscrpt for Phantom, the first book in the next trilogy. I'll only say all this once, since I've moved beyond it and am already thinking up another vampire book, and now have time for Strange Fate. So I'm asking people to put this

Quote:
Hey Lisa! Yay second comment xD I wanted to say, you are no doubt my favourite author, your books are literally inspiring, and I am really gutted that you aren't going to be writing VD anymore. I was a Stelena fan but now although it's definitely going to stay Stelena, Id rather not read it because the magic will be ruined thanks to the *ghostwriter*. I am nervously anticipating the day when Strange Fate comes out, and I really really hope you continue The Night World and The Forbidden Game! Thank you, yours sincerely, A Huge Fan

Melissa, you are an angel from heaven! Admit it and flaunt those wings. You'd even abandon your Stelena camp for me . . . (sobbing on Melissa's shoulder.) But you mustn't do it, you must try the new books. Stefan is looking at you soulfully, and Damon is flashing a wicked smile. I'm at least interested in how the story ends. That was the one thing I didn't know: who ends up with who? Thanks for graciously looking forward to the sequels. Now you can turn invisible again. Your duty is done.

Quote:
I totally love the night world series too! I would hate it soo much if any of the night world characters died! I've gotten too attatched to them and would be heart broken if any of them died. I just hope that if someone dies, it will be someone that nobody has REALLY grown attactched to or somebody somebody evil dying would satisfy me, but you already knew that. ;-)

I totally understand why everyone is out of patience with Strange fate. And I know why they don't want anyone to die. But everyone wants a different set of characters not to die, and I will let you in on a secret, which is that not everyone who seems to die does die. And, after all, it is the Apocalypse, y'know . . . One really weird thing I've noticed is that I get very upset when other authors or film-makers allow their characters to die, but totally ruthless about my own. But I promise to have ruth on as many characters as I can, and I also promise that nobody will die in vain. Oh, yes and I'm working on it every day, typing as fast as I can--when I'm not doing things like this.

Quote:
I love ALL of your books the same and saying that you'll write more NEW books is COMPLETELY WONDERFUL. You have an absolutely AMAZING gift. I am looking forward to the many mysteries and thrilling adventures to come that will be written by L.J.Smith.

With Sincere Admiration of a Great Author,

-Sinéad

Sinéad, thank you so much for your faith in me. I love your name, I love your taste in literature, and I really, really, really love your faith. Even before this slight Apocalypse in my writing career, I was telling myself the story of Deirdre, nol quite sixteen, who finds that she is a hereditary witch when she sees a vampire having a little nibble on the neck of a girl from her school, and, much to her surprise, banishes him with an ancient invocation in a foreign language. After which her no-nonsense cousin, Aisling, arrives to train her in the ways of witchery, including how to master the elements of sunlight and moonlight. But like the first Deirdre of the Sorrows, this little witch is soon in trouble, getting entangled with two bad-boy vampires and, well, there wasn't room for a hero in the plot so it's just a matter of what kind of bad boy you like. So . . . if you "look to like, if looking liking move" you might like this little book, which will be called Eternity: A Vampire Love Story. Thanks for lifting my spirits (which were alreadly buoyed by all the wonderful people who've signed my Guestbook).
Old 02-15-2011, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

I just heard the news what is wrong with those horrible publishers?

but I am pissed off at LJ though whats wrong with her?

Last edited by bellagrey13; 02-17-2011 at 04:54 PM
Old 03-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

whats this about LJ Smith emailing fans a DE ending or something? anyone know what Im talking about?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

I kinda know what your talking about, she said things differently for everyone But I really don't think she even knew how she would have ended it.

Plus she confirmed that when she ended the series with Dark Reunion, that's how she intended to end the series. It was only during the years she wasnt writing that she got ideas for the characters
Old 03-04-2011, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im so out of the loop with whats happening atm

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Its all history now and no point in talking about it. Better to just move forward and think about future books .