Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-16-2010, 10:20 PM
New Fan

I actually liked it. the whole thing.

But i especially like that Blaine was in this episode...and his and Kurt's "date" was cute...glad Mercedes was there but wish she would have had a good time...

and the scenes with Karofsky...i liked the wink he gave Kurt...and then the ending scene was okay, until he threatened to kill him...ne one else notice that in the cafeteria when karofsky called him a homo and then winked...that Kurt had just got done saying that love was right around the corner and then there was karofsky? i'm a Klaine shipper but there seems to be small hints that there might be a Kurtofsky chance...unless i'm jut delusional.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love, love, love this episode. GP rocked it. Her character was adorable. I kinda wish she could stay, lol.

I died when Sue tried to fire Bieste and got pawned. That was so damn funny. And Santana wanting to beat up Rachel.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

-To much Kurt (and him acting like a really bad friend to Mercedes)...speaking of..
-OMG Mercedes actually having scenes? but come on! Give her a SL that dosen't involve being black or overweight....and wtf she needs a boyfriend...NO KURT SHE NEEDS HER FRIEND TO HER FRIEND
-Yeah nice to see Puck is growing up, soaping the floor so people will fall, bullying comments, making fun of Finn
-TERRI FTMFW! Wish she could see that she can do better than Will
-Sue and Becky LMAO
-Santana wanting to beat up Rachel WIN
-Rachel being...Rachel s1..actually missed her
-Cheerios dancing <3 A+
-Impressed by Paltrow...but the ep. in it's whole was boring...
- The kids...yeah...glad it was just one scene...kids trying to be funny is always failure
- And I know Dianna was sick that day, but they could at least have acknowledged the fact that mini!Quinn was there but not the real Quinn
Old 11-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)

I seriously wanted Mercedes to stand up for herself. She's feeling left out and lonely because her BEST FRIEND is ditching her, not cause she needs a boyfriend .
Oh seriously.

I don't doubt that Mercedes still has those feelings of wanting a boyfriend that she expressed in early S1, but Kurt's her best friend and it was ridiculous that her being hurt/annoyed over being ditched by him came down to her needing a bf.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:04 AM
Master Fan

Yeah this episode was meh. Too much stereotypes I mean I know they go hand in hand with Glee sometimes but damn slow down we get the point

I wish they would've handled Kurt/Mercedes better. Although Kurt/Blaine was cute. I didn't really like the Karofsky parts because of the threat at the end.

GP's character was wacky, undecided on her teaching methods right now but I love how the kids got a new experience with her and the fact they will always appreciate Will but accept another coach/teacher is really great.

Ah the return of Terri was interesting. I wonder how much Will will regret all of that now I'm sure it'll come back.

The little Gleeks..too adorable. Sue was hilarious as always, seeing Beiste pwn her was amazing.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Poptart (View Post)
I seriously wanted Mercedes to stand up for herself. She's feeling left out and lonely because her BEST FRIEND is ditching her, not cause she needs a boyfriend .
Agreed. I thought that was really condescending of Kurt. Like because he now has someone to relate to about what he's going through, it's okay to ignore the best friend who's always been there for him. And to get her off your back, tell her she needs a boyfriend. Not cool.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:45 AM
New Fan

Not my favorite episode but then again none of the season 2 episodes have measured up to the brilliance that was season 1.

MERCEDES: I actually think the writers don't know what to do with her character. The issues that she deals with are way too stereotypical it makes me nauseous. Overweight, eating-to-compensate, being black, etc. It's boring.

KURT: I haven't liked Kurt in season 2 at all, but then again I'm kinda glad he has someone that he can confide in who truly understands, I just hope they won't ruin the Kurt/Blaine relationship with too much silliness/drama.

HOLLY HOLIDAY: My absolute favorite part of the freakin' episode. She reminds me of what I love about season 1. Light-hearted, fun, silly, and a bit campy. And Gwyneth pulls it off like nobody's business. She manages to be kooky yet adorable. I was actually really happy when Sue fired Will, cause (dare I say it) I hate Will. He's so inappropriate as a teacher and such a hypocrite. He keeps using the Glee kids to his own advantage and just all around creepy. I hope Holly Holiday sticks around for a while.

The songs are so-so. The Umbrella/Singin' In The Rain number turned out much better than I thought, but in general, none of the songs left much of an impression. Bummer.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:53 AM
Passionate Fan

I actually loved this episode. It reminded that Glee is a comedy.

Lauren sneezing at Figgins -- hilarious.

Mini glee kids are the cutest.

Santana raging at Rachel -- priceless.

and loved loved LOVED HOLLY HOLLIDAY.
Old 11-17-2010, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved this episode. Gwyneth Paltrow was pretty impressive. I seriously wouldn't mind if she came back.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:29 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
Agreed. I thought that was really condescending of Kurt. Like because he now has someone to relate to about what he's going through, it's okay to ignore the best friend who's always been there for him. And to get her off your back, tell her she needs a boyfriend. Not cool.
Definetely! Kurt is acting like a douche to the one who has been with him all along... I hate it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipGleek (View Post)
I actually loved this episode. It reminded that Glee is a comedy.

Lauren sneezing at Figgins -- hilarious.

Mini glee kids are the cutest.

Santana raging at Rachel -- priceless.

and loved loved LOVED HOLLY HOLLIDAY.
Word!!!

Last edited by Can't Regret♥; 11-17-2010 at 10:05 AM
Old 11-17-2010, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Holly Holiday was a GUEST spot. GP is a busy movie star. She's not coming back anytime soon. But I'm glad she learned her lesson that she can't just let kids do whatever they want. There's got to be a balance. There are rules for a reason and if she wants to be an effective teacher she has to stick to them.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so bothered with the writing for Will this season. He's my fave character and it seems like RM is doing everything he can to make him look bad. He sleeps with Terri, then blows her off when she thinks they had a reconciliation. Not that she's any better. She needs to accept that they're over and move on.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:50 AM
Loyal Fan

I really liked Gwyneth Paltrow in this episode. Her presence felt to me like a breath of fresh air!
I thought she was incredible fun and I love her performance of Forget You! I can't stop listening to this song

I think Mercedes/Kurt and Terri/Will relantionship brought a certain realism to the episode.
Will and Terri went through the normal routine of a couple (breaking up, fighting, have make up sex and then finally realizing it's over). I mean they have been together for so long. It is really hard to let go.
And Kurt and Mercedes they went through a typical issue that faces close friends: what happens when one of them finds someone else? It's sucks (I've experienced both situations) but that happens. Especially when you're a teenager.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Okay. Let's see.
I had no problems with Gwyneth Paltrow. Holly Holiday was entertaining.
I liked that Rachel's "mini me" was played by Bo and Hope Brady's kid from Days of our Lives.
Will is annoying to me. I didn't know where they got him being too strict from, but whatever. Dare I say it? I do like Terri/Will. At least after this episode. And Will blowing her off after he slept with her? Who's being the problem now?
To the part I cared about most. Kurt's role.
Loved that it was the first Kurtcedes episode in a while, since I don't count Grilled Cheesus when it was so much more focused on Kurt and Burt. My thing is, Mercedes doesn't need a boyfriend now just because Kurt doesn't want to spend as much time with her. I will always love him, but he's just way too wrapped up in Blaine for my liking. Mercedes wasn't substituting him for a boyfriend- they were best friends and Kurt kept cancelling on her. She had a right to be mad- and she should have chewed Kurt out like the diva she was when he accused her of that. I tend to be a mellow person, and even I would have. I was just fine with the tots plot, (so she likes her tots? She wasn't the only one, if you didn't notice) until they try to put it as a drowning her sorrows thing. Did every kid in that riot have best friends ditching them for dates?
Now if they had tried to just make Mercedes legitimately jealous of Blaine, i could have understood that. After all, she had that crush on Kurt way back when, even if it has only been referenced like once. I was sort of annoyed when she wasn't mad about the Kurt/Brittany thing in Laryngitis, but that's probably just because of the many couples I ship, Kurt/Mercedes is sort of my favorite besties. The thing is, Kurt shouldn't have cancelled on Mercedes when Blaine asked him out- he should have taken a couple rain checks with Blaine, and waited till he didn't have things planned with Mercedes. One time wouldn't have irked me as much as the repeated thing. Sisters before misters, Kurt.
Favorite number- Had to be Dancing in the Rain/Umbrella. It was amazing to me, I couldn't stop listening to it.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)

A lot of people said Mercedes pissed them off this ep. I don't get why. If anything, my dislike for Kurt just intensified.