Old 09-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

The New Rachel (4x01) - Episode Discussion

The New Rachel
4x01 - episode discussion

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13

Rachel begins school at NYADA, where she meets Brody, an upperclassman, and starts classes with a tough dance instructor, Cassandra July. At McKinley High, the work of rebuilding New Directions begins. Kurt aids Will in finding potential recruits, and those who attend the open auditions include Puck's half brother Jake, Marley Rose and Wade "Unique" Adams. Blaine, Brittany, Tina and Unique all want to be the next star of the glee club, and ask Artie to choose one of them.

Based on previous heated debates, we (moderators) have decided to list some guidelines and rules that need to be followed on all episode discussions here.

1. Do not bash any of the cast members or writers. Discussion should be about characters. Substituting an actors name for a character when discussing the character is not okay. They're not the same person. Respectfully critiquing someone's performance or a writer's contribution is fine, however, bashing and being rude about them is not. Offensive nicknames for the writers and cast-members are also not to be used here. This is against Fan Forum policy and is an insult to real people.

2. Feel free to visit the general discussion threads or the previous episode discussion threads here to continue talking about episodes that have already aired.

3. Be respectful to each other, moderators, and to every fandom despite your personal beliefs. Previous episode discussions presented us with problems and we'd like to prevent this from happening. We encourage a good debate, but let's keep it respectful. Personal attacks are not needed, nor allowed here. Targeting another poster on who they support or why their argument is invalid is also unnecessary. Please refer back to Fan Forum's rules regarding this. No matter who you support or ship, we are all fans and people, too.

4. This is a Glee Appreciation board. And as such, it is great to critique, debate and interact respectfully with the fans. But we cannot emphasize enough that calling the show, its cast and crew, etc. 'racist', 'homophobic' or 'sexist' is extremely offensive and will not be tolerated. This board isn't the place for these remarks. Please take it off site or keep it to yourself.
Thank you, everyone!

Happy Hunger Games Glee Discussion!

Last edited by ღfaithfully; 09-09-2012 at 12:05 AM
Old 09-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

wow i'm not okay. bye.
Old 09-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

I totally get it.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Can you recommend a forum with fewer rules? It looks like this season may be hard to watch.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There are a lot of forums out there, so I don't know one to recommend.. maybe just google and try to find one
Old 09-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTNT

5555, I feel your pain this season actually. Remember that critiques are always allowed here though, just attacks against cast/crew/other posters are not.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:56 AM
Loyal Fan

If I say I don't want Rachel to interact with two new regular cast members because that means two new members of New Directions won't get enough lines to develop their characters that becomes an attack on two actors.
If I say I don't think I can watch a whole season with Unique appearing regularly that sounds sexist, racist and attacks the actor.
If I say I don't want past graduates to appear often that looks like I'm attacking someone.
Here's what I want:
I want New Directions to exceed 12 members almost immediately, though some may rarely speak or sing, the championship should make the group popular.
I want Joe to develop beyond his one-dimensional presentation last year.
I want Tina to get detailed story lines and several songs.
I want Blaine to be approached by several females.
I want a regular character who challenges the message of some proposed songs.
I want a smart but also smart-aleck character who corrects the false statements made by dumber students.
I want last year's graduates to fade from view and let the new cast members shine.
I want relationships that make sense, meaning that the new couples have something worthwhile to talk about between kisses.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:18 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
If I say I don't want Rachel to interact with two new regular cast members because that means two new members of New Directions won't get enough lines to develop their characters that becomes an attack on two actors.
If I say I don't think I can watch a whole season with Unique appearing regularly that sounds sexist, racist and attacks the actor.
If I say I don't want past graduates to appear often that looks like I'm attacking someone.
No, it doesn't. When you say you don't like a song, it's not attacking an actor because you said he can't sing. We're talking about really saying "sucks at acting" etc.
I guess it's hard to come up with an example, these rules are just a "oh look, it's written here" because of the problems we had last year.

All the things you just said are totally allowed, and when it's not, we will just address it but it's not like you should be afraid to post and break rules or something
Old 09-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I for sure can say that I'll miss Finn in the first three episodes.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

It definitely will be different without him there
Old 09-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Everything you said is allowed 5555 We just don't want personal attacks on real life people whether it be the actors, writers, or people on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL.Arinna_1982 (View Post)
Me too That's why Glee is technically still on a hiatus for me till he comes back But I'm happy Cory was filming a movie instead. It feels like this will be the last season so good to branch out right now.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's this week already.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 09-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
me too.

Quote:
It's this week already.
this! it went slowiy during june, then all at once it's here.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ღfaithfully (View Post)
Everything you said is allowed 5555 We just don't want personal attacks on real life people whether it be the actors, writers, or people on this board

Me too That's why Glee is technically still on a hiatus for me till he comes back But I'm happy Cory was filming a movie instead. It feels like this will be the last season so good to branch out right now.
I'm the same.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:53 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

... still haven't watched the season finale and i have it on DVD