Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-30-2014, 10:07 PM
Total Fan

Couples in my high school were always changing and it was hard to keep them straight.

I am probably in the minority here but I really like the New York episodes. The way Season 4 & 5 dragged out at McKinley made me tired of seeing that school. I didn't like taking two seasons to make one school year. I wondered if they were ever going to graduate. One of the reasons I liked the show in New York was because it showed the students now in the adult world facing adult situations. With the smaller main cast it also allowed for longer storylines.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I didn't like taking two seasons to make one school year.
That was just so ridiculous. At least they finally graduated.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 07-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Loyal Fan

Alternate ending for season three episode 21
Will sits on a park bench with his head in his hands. An old man approaches.
O. M. Having a bad day?
Will: We came in second at nationals show choir competition. The kids worked so hard, I really thought this year we would make it. This was my third year and most of them are seniors.
O. M. New Directions. I saw it, a fine performance.
Will: You were there?
O. M. Contestant, I'm Smith Langon, Singing Prairie Dogs, from Kansas.
Will: Oh, your team did well, best yodeling I've ever seen.
O. M. Yes, yodeling doesn't help much in national competitions. That young lady is the finest I've had in over 30 years.
Will: You've been coach that long
O. M. 49th year...well, 48. I missed last year-illness. This was my last chance.
Will: you're retiring/
O. M. Well, dying. Got the diagnosis last year just before nationals. I missed regionals this year, in the hospital two months, almost missed this too.
Will: Did you ever win?
O. M. Came in second once. It was in my third year.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Ultimate Fan

It's funny that the RIB miraculously forgot that they had Santana/Sam dating and one of the reasons she got with Sam was because he was an up and comer but they had to find a way to get Karofsky in the picture. But it was well played by my girl Snixx.

Quinns whole Lucy Goosey subplot was beyond lame and out of left field.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
It's funny that the RIB miraculously forgot that they had Santana/Sam dating and one of the reasons she got with Sam was because he was an up and comer but they had to find a way to get Karofsky in the picture. But it was well played by my girl Snixx.

Quinns whole Lucy Goosey subplot was beyond lame and out of left field.
My biggest problem with that episode was the nose doctor. They should have cast James Brolin. He played a doctor early in his carrer on Marcus Welby M.D. and is married to Barbra Striesand.
He still acts (mostly small parts in bad movies) so he would have done it. That scene would have been incredible.
Also Dr. Shane was played by a woman whose breakthrough role was a woman battling mental illness in a film called I never promised you a rose Garden (based on the hit song.
They should have used her more.
In my story Dr. Shane ends up treating eight cast members, makes lots of mistakes but scrambles to correct them near the end.
I was hoping they would address other body issues by having Mercedes and Lauren compete in a dieting contest until one of them got sick. That foolishness with Kitty and Marley went nowhere.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was hoping they would address other body issues by having Mercedes and Lauren compete in a dieting contest until one of them got sick. That foolishness with Kitty and Marley went nowhere.
They already had Mercedes faint from trying to stick to Sue's Cheerios-approved diet in s1, anyway. IDK why they went to Marley anyway, Mercedes implied that Santana might have had an eating disorder in a s3 episode ("like you eat"), and that would have been a much better acted storyline anyway (but tbh I'm glad that didn't happen to Santana, she's been through enough tbh).

Old 07-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by endless forms (View Post)
They already had Mercedes faint from trying to stick to Sue's Cheerios-approved diet in s1, anyway. IDK why they went to Marley anyway, Mercedes implied that Santana might have had an eating disorder in a s3 episode ("like you eat"), and that would have been a much better acted storyline anyway (but tbh I'm glad that didn't happen to Santana, she's been through enough tbh).
Is that how that episode ended? I had to leave that night. It had some good moments.
Sue: I haven't had a solid meal since 1988.
Britney: Sometimes I eat a spoonful of sand.
Beiste's gluttony in season four was inexcusable unless they let it lead somewhere. Did they?
Old 07-03-2014, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I try to forget a lot of season four, so are you talking about her constantly going to Breadstix? I think the only thing about Beiste's body image that was brought up was how she always felt like she was "one of the guys" or whatever due to her nature and looks in 2x06. That's all I remember.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:22 PM
Loyal Fan

She eats a whole chicken for lunch every day.
In my story she regrets it, but comes up with an important idea as a result.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

Just got done watching the first 5 episodes of S3. These episodes were all good but it feels like after Mash-Off the downfall of S3 starts.

It sucks and is surprising that Zizes was offed so ND could go back to their underdog status in terms of membership but they actually gave an "ending" to her character which is surprising given the shows constant disappearing characters at the drop of a dime.

Another character that is suddenly gone is of course Karofsky. It is a mystery why the writers decided to just drop him when it looked like he was becoming a big character. Sure he shows up twice during the season but it feels like such a cop out to not really deal with coming out to the full degree.

Sam is of course also missing due to the drama of the producers wanting Chord to keep on guest appearing instead of being upped while they upped Blaine to main character status. Blaine is just on a constant downfall it seems, he isnt quite the Warbler he was in the first 5 episodes but he isnt the dramatic whiny Blaine that we all know now who just follows Kurt around like a puppy dog.

We had A LOT of ongoing storylines at the beginning of the season which was a bit refreshing. The musical, Mike Chang and his parents, school president, Santanas coming out, the divide in Glee Club. All were really good storylines, of course up until Santana slaps Finn for accidentally outing her. The end of that episode is not finished up all that well and what follows is probably one of peoples most disliked episode of the season.

Santana/Brittany rejoining the Cheerios was a bit of a surprise originally but of course the Cheerios are to big of background characters to not have any main cast members representing them. With Santana temporarily rejoining the dark side, I wish that Quinn had rejoined instead of going all goth on us. After the end of S2, seeing her rejoin Sue in her quest to bring the down Glee club from inside would have been fun to see. This would also mean more Quinntana moments and with Santana getting kicked off out of ND wouldve meant that the two could've teamed up to take on the Glee club before Santana rejoins, not to mention seeing Q having to deal with taking orders from S wouldve been funny and make for a nice storyline.

The formation of the Trouble Tones was GREAT and a great storyline. Half the club is fed up playing 2nd fiddle so it only seems natural this would happen if they were given the opportunity. All of their performances were better than ND, so of course I thought that they deserved to beat ND and that wouldve been a shock. The writers could've always folded the group back together after Shelby left and take on the ND mantle again.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Forever bitter that the Troubletones didn't win. #FierceFemmePhenomenal

Old 07-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Better yet if Shelby was not the founder, but a new actress who could have remained a regular for the whole season or longer, become a rival for Will's affections and still ended up having an affair with a student (who wrongly believed he was helping Will in some way). If the season ended with the team disqualified (through Sue's informant network) just before regionals, New Directions would quickly be reassembled and win regionals in the finale.
Then season four would have started in March of senior year, with college acceptance and graduation still in doubt. The last episode of season four could have taken place around Labor Day with teary farewells and infinite options thereafter.
The Shelby-Puck-Quinn story could have been inserted anywhere without impacting the rest of the cast, so they would have gained much and lost nothing by the redirection.
Terrible news about Becca's lover. The show may be cursed after all.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

I Kissed A Girl....one of the most basic episodes of S3 and not in a good way. For a followup to Mash Off, it does not get the job done. An episode that should have revolved around Santana ends up putting her basically in the background. It should have introduced us to the Lopez family but of course it doesnt. We had all this good build up since the end of S2 and then all the important stuff happens off screen. Only good thing to come out of the episode is Santana telling her abuela, and of course it is a storyline that after 2 seasons still hasnt been resolved.

The Beiste/Sue storyline was good though.

Quinn really should've been the one to cause the TT to lose instead of the ND losing for being "better". Esp with Shelby as their coach, there was no way they should have lost. And it was ridiculous that they only gave them 1 performance while ND got 3.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 07-16-2014 at 08:55 PM
Old 07-17-2014, 07:18 AM
Loyal Fan

In my story she learns why her Abueal was so upset (as well as the sad history of her family over the past 170 years). At the end she's spending the summer with her because Abuela is very ill.

I was partly responsible for that as well, because on Foxforum I had her outed in episode six and elsewhere demanded that someone should voice an objection to homosexuality. That's as far as they dared go, I guess.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Fan

The big Karofsky episode....while good for the most part, I just can not stand PSA episodes and using these kinds of events to make everyone into goodie two shoes. Declawing Sebastian and everything that had to do with everyone feeling extremely sad just felt forced beyond belief.

One thing about the show that has always annoyed me is the writers forcing everyone in Glee to be the best people in the entire school, the smartest, best at anything and everything. 3 years of someone in the club winning Prom Queen, 3 of them being the SMARTEST kids and being up for valedictorian just ugh.

Lets not even touch on Quinns lame accident that left her paralyzed for a brief time just to show the horrors of texting and driving. Glee has SUCKED at cliff hangers, they leave us on a cliff hanger then when the show comes back all the good stuff happens off screen. They should've just had Quinn rejoin the Cheerios again and maybe have her try to step on Santanas toes trying to retake the team from her. The only good thing that came from Quinns accident was her duet with Artie.

I dont even know why Sebastian looked at Rachel as such a big threat, ND won Sectionals without her, they lost their first Nationals by relying on her and Finn.

The Trouble Tones portion of ND performance was a good idea since they were the best part of their overall performance, not to mention strongest part.

This is one of those shows that had SO MUCH POTENTIAL but they just kept falling back on safe and repetitive stories.

Last edited by Primal Slayer; 07-19-2014 at 06:18 PM