Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-25-2014, 10:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

5x09 "Frenemies" Discussion - 2/25 @ 8pm

Frenemies
5x09 - episode discussion
KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE AND YOUR FRENEMIES CLOSER ON AN ALL-NEW “GLEE”
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 25, ON FOX

Santana auditions and snags the role of Rachel’s understudy in “Funny Girl,” causing a feud between the roommates. Meanwhile, back in Lima, Tina and Artie compete against each other to be the class valedictorian in the all-new “Frenemies” episode of GLEE airing on Tuesday, Feb. 25 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GLE-509) (TV-14 D, L, V)

Cast: Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester; Lea Michele as Rachel Berry; Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel; Kevin McHale as Artie; Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina; Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez; Darren Criss as Blaine Anderson; Chord Overstreet as Sam Evans; Jacob Artist as Jake Puckerman; Melissa Benoist as Marley Rose; Becca Tobin as Kitty Wilde; Alex Newell as Wade “Unique” Adams; Blake Jenner as Ryder Lynn; and Lauren Potter as Becky Jackson.

Guest Cast: Dot Marie Jones as Coach Beiste; Iqbal Theba as Principal Figgins, Adam Lambert as Elliott “Starchild” Gilbert

Based on previous heated debates, we (moderators) have decided to list some guidelines and rules that need to be followed on all episode discussions here.
1. Do not bash any of the cast members or writers. Discussion should be about characters. Substituting an actors name for a character when discussing the character is not okay. They're not the same person. Respectfully critiquing someone's performance or a writer's contribution is fine, however, bashing and being rude about them is not. Offensive nicknames for the writers and cast-members are also not to be used here. This is against Fan Forum policy and is an insult to real people.

2. Feel free to visit the general discussion threads or the previous episode discussion threads here to continue talking about episodes that have already aired.

3. Be respectful to each other, moderators, and to every fandom despite your personal beliefs. Previous episode discussions presented us with problems and we'd like to prevent this from happening. We encourage a good debate, but let's keep it respectful. Personal attacks are not needed, nor allowed here. Targeting another poster on who they support or why their argument is invalid is also unnecessary. Please refer back to Fan Forum's rules regarding this. No matter who you support or ship, we are all fans and people, too.

4. This is a Glee Appreciation board. And as such, it is great to critique, debate and interact respectfully with the fans. But we cannot emphasize enough that calling the show, its cast and crew, etc. 'racist', 'homophobic' or 'sexist' is extremely offensive and will not be tolerated. This board isn't the place for these remarks. Please take it off site or keep it to yourself.
Thank you, everyone!

Happy Hunger Games Glee Discussion!

amelia | icon: mel

Last edited by in a daydream; 02-25-2014 at 10:25 AM
Old 02-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thanks Amelia!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

oh bless your heart thank you

Old 02-25-2014, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

it's the episode we've been waiting for
Old 02-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i know i'm so excited and so scared for pezberry

Old 02-26-2014, 03:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

This was actually one of the better episodes this season which isn't surprising because looked at all who it focused on.

It was beyond ridiculous that Artie/Tina had to battle over a Nationals solo when they are the ones who deserve it the most out of everyone but of course Blaine just gets his handed to him on a silver platter. It was equally ridiculous that Artie/Tina just happened to be valedictorians It was even more ridiculous that Blaine got it afterwards. It is sickening that the most popular and smartest kids all happen to be in Glee club.

While I thoroughly enjoyed the NY story mainly because my main squeeze Santana got loads of screen time, it is ridiculous that Rachel/Santana just happen to be the only people in NY that have talent. How does Broadway even exist without them in it? The biggest thing that has been lacking with NY is that the writers went back on their initial "promise" that Rachel will be in but a sea of other Rachels. There has to be other girls/guys in that city that can sing just as well if not better than the Olsen twins and wonder jugs. They should not be their only competition.

Rachel has some major insecurities to work out with her blowing a gasket over Santana vying for her understudy. She is going to be so worked up with trying to be on her A game just so Santana doesn't get a chance to take on a show that she will probably fail. Santana sounded really good with her rendition of DROMP, while of course Rachel owns the song, Santana made it her own. Lopez also acted good about Rachels meltdown and I am glad that she didn't give in to her and end up apologizing. Though knowing this show it is probably right around the corner sadly. While I love Santana/Kurt/Rachel together and friendly, I wouldn't mind if Sanchel never fully repair their relationship. Let Mercedes move to the big apple so she and Santana can become roomies. And I was proud of Kurt of not taking sides.

Couldn't really care for Kurts storyline.

And I can not believe what a ghost town this place has become.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I s2g if they make Santana apologize instead of Rachel, I will throw a fit. Kurt basically said it - Santana is an understudy who isn't a direct threat to Rachel's role. She may go on once or twice, if that. I suppose Rachel is worried that if Santana went on that everyone would start noticing Santana over her, but lbr Santana could do that all on her own even without the Funny Girl US role.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah i definitely think that Rachel is the one that needs to apologize. and based on next week's promo I think she will be because they seem to kick her out of the house

otherwise, I loved all the Rachel and Santana they sounded soooo good in their songs, and they looked great. The first scene with them can they make up right now?
Old 02-26-2014, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

they need to make up for my sanity

Old 02-26-2014, 10:18 AM
Master Fan

I don't think Santana should apologize for auditioning but she needs to apologize for the comments she made to Rachel about being better and more popular than her in high school. Sure bring up the time you tormented her and bullied her relentlessly. I don't think she meant it and was lashing out. but it was still uncalled for. They both need to apologize IMHO.

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
Old 02-26-2014, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The NY frustrated me, and spoke to the problem I have with that side....if there's a conflict all three are so temperamental, stubborn and OTT that nothing gets solved
..they need an Artie like figure to be the voice of reason...cause clearly Kurt isn't cutting it

Tina and Artie's speeches were hilarious.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeah I think it'll be interesting when they add Artie

Quote:
I don't think Santana should apologize for auditioning but she needs to apologize for the comments she made to Rachel about being better and more popular than her in high school. Sure bring up the time you tormented her and bullied her relentlessly. I don't think she meant it and was lashing out. but it was still uncalled for. They both need to apologize IMHO.
yeah i agree. Rachel should be the first to apologize IMO, and then Santana can add in that she's sorry about the comments.
Old 02-27-2014, 01:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Artie&Tina:
Postives
Artie and Tina both getting more well deserved and needed focus and songs
Both Artie's and Tina's speeches
The songs all of them
Negitves
Blaine once again getting everything handed to him
Santana vs Rachel
Postives
The songs most of them anyway
Kurt not picking sides
The Dancing
Tbe future potential for this story line
Negitves
The fact that they missed the perfect chance to have Rachel and Santana perform a duet version of Jonathan Coulton's Nemeses
Kurt and what his name
Other than the potential setup for a gay love triangle the whole story line was just okay, songs included
Old 02-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Elite Fan

Artina. They made the ep for me. I love hearing them sing together, and I secretly hope Tina is right about Kartie and Artina gets a second shot!

Forget you, Blaine. They had to give that dude valedictorian. StarHummel > Klaine. Just saying.

They sure like spotlighting the newbies. I wouldn't be surprised if they disappeared before March is over.

I can see both sides in Rachel vs. Santana. Santana's DROMP was sultry and satisfying, not a bad version in the least. Rachel's cover still stands the test of time, though. If I were Santana, I definitely would've at least told Rachel I was auditioning, but Rachel does need to be taken down a peg.

Wemma baby!

icon
Old 02-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Rachel does need to be taken down a peg.
Exactly. That's why I don't have a problem with what Santana did (although I guess telling Rachel beforehand would have at least helped). But it's not like Santana is actually gunning to take Rachel's spot.