Wow that’s a lot of money
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The 200 Greatest Singers of All Time
From Sinatra to SZA, from R&B to salsa to alt-rock
BY ROLLING STONE
36. Kurt Cobain
Kurt Cobain’s voice was a sound at war with itself: often harsh to the point of being grotesque but resolutely melodic even at its ugliest. It’s a blend born out of his diverse vocal influences, from the twee sing-song of the Vaselines’ Eugene Kelly and Frances McKee to the wounded snarl of the Wipers’ Greg Sage. The result was a voice that could find the hooks buried within the caustic noise-metal of “School” or “Breed,” and expose the razor blade at the center of the grunge-pop apple on “Drain You” or “In Bloom.” “For me, it was always the voice that blew me away,” Deer Tick’s John McCauley, who has covered Nirvana with the band’s surviving members, told Rolling Stone. “I’d heard people with gravelly voices, but Kurt’s was different. It’s not a pretty voice; he was not a trained singer by any means. But it gave me hope.” —H.S.
Here's the link, https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...17-1234643150/
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I should really listen to more Nirvana songs but from what I’ve heard I love
Old 01-03-2023, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
I should really listen to more Nirvana songs but from what I’ve heard I love
Part of what made their "MTV Unplugged" special is that they didn't do any prior hit songs and it is bittersweet to watch because of Kurt's tragic death a few months later.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 01-03-2023, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Fan Forever (View Post)
Part of what made their "MTV Unplugged" special is that they didn't do any prior hit songs and it is bittersweet to watch because of Kurt's tragic death a few months later.
I really love his performance of The Man Who Sold the World from that show

Oh I didn’t know that

That is really sad
Old 01-05-2023, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I really love his performance of The Man Who Sold the World from that show

Oh I didn’t know that

That is really sad
Nirvana did a bunch of cover songs which concerned MTV at the time but, it worked out and this was time when a musical artist/band really didn't just go on MTV and sing their hit songs which was different than what we saw most of the time. They did a great David Bowie cover.
Old 01-08-2023, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for the info
Old 01-08-2023, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
thanks for the info
Most musical artists who were on MTV Unplugged just did their hits and there weren't a bunch of cover songs done like Nirvana chose to do.
Old 04-01-2023, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The 10 most overqualified musicians in classic rock bands
Dave Grohl – Nirvana
Growing up in Seattle, Nirvana started off as a much different outfit than what they became. Instead of radio-friendly singles like ‘Come As You Are’, Kurt Cobain’s initial vision was more of a dissonant punk outfit, with ‘Paper Cuts’ a good indicator of their original sound. However, they always needed someone behind the kit, and one day, they were sent a miracle transplant from the DC hardcore scene.

Although Cobain’s songwriting was the most valuable asset to Nirvana in the early days, Dave Grohl’s way of interpreting those songs was the glue that held every one of their classics together. Coming from the same school as every other punk rock drummer, Grohl’s intensity on every one of these songs is half the battle, having a more human feel behind the kit than what you would see out of the rest of the Seattle area.

Grohl wasn’t all about intensity from back to front, always knowing when to serve the song just right, either laying back on a song like ‘Something in the Way’ or beating the life out of his drum set on songs like ‘Territorial Pissings’ or ‘Scentless Apprentice’. Grohl might not have seen himself as a frontman while he was in Nirvana, but his drum tracks are as essential to the songwriting as anything Cobain did. ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’ may be a masterpiece, but nothing comes alive until you hear those opening jolts from Grohl’s kit.
Here's the link, https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/the-10-...qwPue0NbXt97jQ
Old 05-18-2023, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Watch Dave Grohl's First-Ever Performance with Nirvana
Here's a link, https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/othe...na/ar-AA1bn92O
Old 05-19-2023, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks
Old 05-21-2023, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Kurt Cobain's Smashed, Nirvana Signed Fender Guitar Sells for Nearly $600,000 at Auction
The guitar — destroyed by legendary Cobain on stage during Nirvana's seminal Nevermind era — sold for nearly 10 times its original estimate of $60,000
Here's the link, https://people.com/music/kurt-cobain...ls-at-auction/
Old 05-22-2023, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Wow that’s a lot of money
Wow it went up
Old 08-02-2023, 08:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nirvana’s 10 greatest guitar moments, ranked
Kurt Cobain changed guitar forever, but these are the best moments of guitar genius across Nirvana’s brief but brilliant discography.
Here's the link, https://guitar.com/features/nirvana-...cqNkQH2Pu1_9b8
Old 08-08-2023, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A retrospective on In Utero, Here's the link, https://theboar.org/2023/08/in-utero...retrospective/
Reply   Post New Thread