Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2016, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Marki can correct me if I'm wrong but I think in the northern part of Australia
are mountains with snow?

Trying to drop some comments about Valentine Day. Well pretty much told him I better have a good Valentine Day. And dropped hints I bought something special for him but he can only see it/get it if I have a good Valentine.
He said I was crazy to think we were going to dinner anywhere and I told him he could cook dinner. And he said I could cook him dinner.

So I think he wants me to cook dinner. (although he always complains about my cooking which I have no clue why since I never cook). I'm trying to figure out what to cook and makes it harder that we still have no oven.

April
Old 02-10-2016, 02:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hmm... pork chops, rice, and a vegetable, plus a nice drink? That was what I always did for special dinners, although I haven't done it in a while. Pork chops are easy ( put seasoning on, pan fry , and I think each side is about 4 minutes?) and rice, especially a rice mix, can be done on a stove and vegetable on stove or in microwave. Wait, you didn't mean you don't have a stove too, did you?
Anyway, I hope it does turn out to be a good day for you. As far as I know, we're just giving each other treats ( chocolate for him, something else for me) and my daughter will probably make dinner. We'll eat with the kids and have a candlelight dinner.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:24 AM
Master Fan

I'd say it doesn't exist but the weather doesn't get to minus here in winter like in the major cities coldest it gets is about 14 degrees Celsius etc on most days thoug I'd say closest mountain with snow during winter period is still a few hours away

Join the The Goldbergs Campaign
Old 02-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No we have a stove. Technically we have an oven. It's the very old fashion ones like from the 70s. Where the oven is over the stove and looks like a huge oversized micorwave. When we tried to turn it on when we moved in it barley got hot.

I was thinking about something to cook in a crock pot.

April
Old 02-13-2016, 07:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Had a baby shower today that my oldest daughter planned. It was fun, games and food and presents. Got some things I needed and some cute stuff. My favorite activity was giving everyone sharpies and having them design and decorate a white onesie.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey everyone! Aww congrats on the bay !
Old 02-14-2016, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

That's awesome I love little games. I bet the drawings they did on the onsies were really cute
In answer to your question April inthink
The northern part of Australia is more tropical and has worse weather conditions but I'm not familiar with snow.

Last edited by Marki; 02-15-2016 at 02:37 AM
Old 02-15-2016, 06:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Design a onsie that is an adorable idea.

I've been to one where one of the games was to drink juice or something out of a bottle and be the first to finish.

April
Old 02-16-2016, 04:10 AM
Master Fan

Oh yep two I went to had that and I was adamant that I wasn't partaking in that I just couldn't brung myself to put a baby bottle In my mouth. My friend had one where you partnered up and had to use your hands to feed another person custard but like you were behind them as if your hands were there's. I work with children so I was like going slow and careful not realizing it was a race so I should of just let the person get messy

Old 02-16-2016, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

At least around here most don't do with traditional baby showers (no men or children). It's all a mix. Although for the most part it is mostly women. But we actually threw a baby shower for my brother.

April
Old 02-16-2016, 10:41 AM
Dedicated Fan

We had women and daughters there at the shower. Men don't really come to them hardly, in my experience.

But, for our first baby my husband's coworkers threw him a shower. So cute. One of his gifts was a Daddy's toolbelt, with all the items needed to change diapers, including goggles, lol.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:31 AM
Master Fan

that is such an awesome gift its nice that the men are given things too

Old 02-17-2016, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That daddy tool belt is cute.

With my brother because they broke up a few months after they found out she was pregnant and she was psycho my mom threw one for my brother. We made sure there wasn't any I love mommy or any clothes about mommy.

For a bit she would let my brother and family (except me) come to the house to see my nephew. Then stopped. My brother couldn't even see his own son for about 2 years maybe a little longer. He was a little over 3 when the first time I got to met him. My brother didn't even get to have a say in his name and psycho bitch didn't even give him my brother's last name. He looks just like my brother too.

April
Old 02-17-2016, 12:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

That's so sad.
Old 02-17-2016, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's better. When she got pregnant with her second was when she started letting my brother get him. I guess she realized that letting my brother see his child would give her a break with a baby on the way. Last year they did a joint birthday party. I rode with my sister and she was like were you actually invited or are you crashing. I told her Jonathan invited me. And we were actually civil.

April
Closed Thread   Post New Thread