Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2023, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Definitely important topics
atwoodsmariano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Definitely important topics
It was a good show that did a good job of dealing with the joys and challenges of being a kid from a kid's point of view, "Doug" was another 90's t.v. show that really understood the point of view of kids and their joys and challenges.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The 20 Best 90s Cartoon Characters Ever Created
Arthur Read (Arthur)
Aside from the many memes regarding Arthur Read, the anthropomorphic aardvark has actually been one of the most inspirational and helpful cartoon characters. In Arthur, he is an average kid with a great family who tries to excel in many things. Arthur is relatable in the sense that he often does not use common sense in several situations (much to his parents' annoyance), he is awkward when he is trying his best to act cool, and he is an overall good friend to his best friend, Buster Baxter. Arthur may have a bit of a temper at times, especially with his younger sister, D. W., but that's just like every other big brother out there.
Here's the link, https://movieweb.com/best-90s-cartoo...gic-school-bus
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Old 11-13-2023, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The 10 Best Animated Children's Shows That Won a Daytime Emmy
'Arthur' (1996-2022)
Daytime Emmy Award 1998, 1999, 2001 and 2007
In a world populated by anthropomorphic animals, Arthur Reed lives in the city of Elwood. He goes through the trials and tribulations of every child, from trying to succeed in school, maintaining his friend groups, and clashing with his younger sister. Each day brings a new challenge, especially as he gets older and has to make sense of complex themes.

Arthur lasted twenty-five seasons thanks to its universal themes and characters. Its cast was made up of characters from all walks of life, which played into one of its major themes regarding the benefit of different points of view. It also wasn't afraid to tackle complex topics, such as autism, dyslexia, and loss.
Here's the link, https://collider.com/best-animated-s...r-39-1996-2022
Old 11-24-2023, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

8 Books That Celebrate Hip-Hop
When “Arthur” debuted on PBS KIDS in 1996, the theme song “Believe in Yourself” was a catchy tune I just could not stop humming. Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers contributed a timeless intro song that has touched millions of children (and their grownups) around the globe: “It’s a simple message and it comes from the heart/ Believe in yourself (yourself)/ Well, that’s the place to start (to start).”

In 2014, while pregnant with my first child, I saw a heartwarming video of Chance the Rapper in a packed New York venue performing a cover of “Believe in Yourself.” I already knew I would introduce this show to my children, but at that point, I fell in love with the show’s theme song all over again. A few years later, in 2017, Chance the Rapper, Ziggy Marley, and instrumentalist Jon Batiste teamed up to perform the song on “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.” The “Believe in Yourself” remix was now a beautiful reggae and heavy hip-hop mashup.

I enjoyed the remix so much because hip-hop raised me. Hip-hop isn’t just music; it’s a way of life. From fashion to art to language and beyond, hip-hop has shaped entire generations — evolving as a form of storytelling that has been shared, loved, and often imitated worldwide.

In August of this year, hip-hop turned 50. We celebrate its rich history and culture daily in my home, and on its anniversary, we celebrated by visiting a local exhibit at The National Museum of African American Music in Nashville. Interested in discussing and teaching kids about hip-hop’s history without leaving your home? Grab a book! Here are eight kid-approved hip-hop books that celebrate the genre:

Here's the link, https://www.pbs.org/parents/thrive/8...source=twitter
Old 03-03-2024, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

10 Best Educational Kids' TV Shows
Arthur Crafted Passionate Families And Friendships For Over 20 Years
Based on the book series of the same name, Arthur (1996) followed the adventures of Arthur, the aardvark. He, along with his family and friends, deals with various childhood challenges while trying to be good people to one another.

The show had an endearing set of characters who had their limits but were legitimately kind people at heart. Through this quality, the show managed to have fun for the audience to get invested in and discuss serious topics with the right amount of care. The show ran for over 20 years, and while there were some changes, the show's charm never wavered.
Here's a link, https://www.cbr.com/best-educational...-over-20-years
Reply   Post New Thread