Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2011, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

90s Jukebox #1 - For your daily dose of 90s music!

Welcome to the 90s Jukebox!

What better way to remember the 90s & the best moments of the 90s than by playing our favourite 90s songs? So that's exactly what we're going to do in here!

This is how it works

The 90s Jukebox spins a new song every day, or basically whenever you want. Is it a new day and has no one used the jukebox yet? Then by all means, please go ahead and put in your coin!

How to use the 90s Jukebox
To use the 90s Jukebox, please proceed as follows:

1) Go to YouTube
2) Find a song from the 90s
3) Post the song here
4) That's it!

Here's how to post a YouTube video on Fan Forum
Say, you want the 90s Jukebox to play Baby One More Time by Britney Spears...
You will find that video on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u5WLJ9Yk4

Now to post the actual video on Fan Forum (rather than a link to the video), you will need to grab the last part of the YouTube URL (everything behind the = sign). I made that part of the One More Time URL red & bold below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u5WLJ9Yk4

Now all you need to do is put that part of the url in between [*YT] and [*/YT] (without the stars)

So the code correct code for One More Time is:

[*YT] C-u5WLJ9Yk4[*/YT] (just leave out the *)

Final result:

But there is more...
Do you remember how much fun it is to see someone walk up to a Jukebox and pick a song? You're like: what's he/she going to pick? And why? So don't be afraid to share why you picked a song! Also, feel free to stop by, listen to the 90s Jukebox and share what a specific song reminds you of!

For example, Baby One More Time reminds me of a time where I was desperately trying to get the pen flipping thing that Britney does at the beginning of the video down. (note: I never really managed to succeeded, but oh well )

So by all means: enjoy and share!

Got any questions? Be sure to let me know!

Love the 90s Jukebox? Please join the 90s Jukebox Fans!

90s Jukebox Fans
1. Sabrina
2. K'Vruck
3. cottonmouth13
4. margauxnextdoor

Last edited by Sabrina; 06-26-2011 at 06:37 AM
Old 06-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for getting this started. You can add me please.

Love the song! One of my favorites from the 90s.

April
Old 06-20-2011, 01:52 AM
Master Fan

I added you. Anyone wants to go ahead and use the Jukbox today?
Old 06-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Oh, cool idea! I've been feeling nostalgic for 90's music, so I'll take a turn at this.

Just cause it's so darn catchy and the flashy fashions, oh my!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Great idea, Sabrina! And great songs!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Master Fan

I'm so glad to see that people are joining in! Welcome everyone!

I love Wannabe. I always tried singing along but since I'm Dutch and I was like 9 at the time, I had a really really hard time figuring out the lyrics.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love how 90s pop always makes me want to get up and dance.

April
Old 06-21-2011, 11:23 AM
Master Fan

Do you guys remember this one?

I also the remake Glee did recently.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The song had such a great message.

April
Old 06-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Obsessed Fan

This is like the coolest thread ever.

I just love those music videos you posted guys. I can still remember how I tried the knees-sliding part for several times of Britney's Baby One More Time. I believe it was such an epic failure for me as I even got both my knees bruised.

I do also believe that Wannabe was one of those songs that I danced when I was a kid. Me, my younger sister and my cousin who I share the same age would always dance to this track through playing the group's Spice cassette tape.

Unpretty, on the other hand, definitely had a real message. I think I can also remember singing this in front of a class when we were asked on which song describes our mood for that day. I was in high school by the way. Freshman I think.

How about this one?

90s wouldn't be complete without the lovely BSB. This song is just one of those late 90s signature songs.

Can I be added on the list? Thanks!

Last edited by cottonmouth13; 06-21-2011 at 10:31 PM
Old 06-22-2011, 01:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Vruck (View Post)
The song had such a great message.
Yes it really does, doesn't it? I remember I always found the video clip a bit on the scary side though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonmouth13
I can still remember how I tried the knees-sliding part for several times of Britney's Baby One More Time.
You really tried that? Here I thought I was adventurous with the pen slipping! Glad you're still able to walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonmouth13
I think I can also remember singing this in front of a class when we were asked on which song describes our mood for that day. I was in high school by the way. Freshman I think.
Wow, I'm sure that took a whole lot of courage. especially in high school! Do you remember how the class responded?

Backstreet Boys Such an epic song. I was about 11 (I think) back then. I had a sleepover with 2 other girls at the time, and my one friend spent the entire night teaching us the dance moves from the video. Me and my other friend must be very bad dancers because we never got it down. And I'm not kidding, we went at it for hours and hours.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
You really tried that? Here I thought I was adventurous with the pen slipping! Glad you're still able to walk.
Yep, I did. I was just so amazed on how Britney did it. I was actually gonna try the back-flip that she did in the second verse of the song but I thought it was too hard to do such thing so I opted for the knees-sliding move instead. I can still recall my mom's reaction when she found out that both my knees got bruised. She panicked like hell. She asked me on how and where did I get it. I didn't tell her that it was about this dance move of Britney but instead, I told her that I just slipped on the floor.

Quote:
Wow, I'm sure that took a whole lot of courage. especially in high school! Do you remember how the class responded?
Actually, it wasn't intentional or whatsoever. I just couldn't think of a song at that moment 'cause there are so many that's going through my mind. Like what should I sing, etc. And then suddenly, I thought of Unpretty . Only my friends were shocked when I sang it 'cause they were not expecting me to sing it at all. Their faces were like "Of all songs, why Unpretty?".

Quote:
Backstreet Boys Such an epic song. I was about 11 (I think) back then. I had a sleepover with 2 other girls at the time, and my one friend spent the entire night teaching us the dance moves from the video. Me and my other friend must be very bad dancers because we never got it down. And I'm not kidding, we went at it for hours and hours.
I believe I was 8 or 9 when I first heard it. I just fell in love with it instantly. Especially the music video. Wow, sounds like a lot of fun! A girl bonding indeed. Good thing your friend had this courage and patience as well in teaching the dance moves to you guys. That must be a hell lot of a task for her.

What about this one?

This would have to be one of the best collaborations ever done. Brandy and Monica in one song? Epic. I just love the chorus line: "You need to give it up. Had about enough. It's not hard to see, the boy is mine. I'm sorry that you seem to be confused. He belongs to me. The boy is mine."

Last edited by cottonmouth13; 06-22-2011 at 08:37 AM
Old 06-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottonmouth13 (View Post)
I was actually gonna try the back-flip that she did in the second verse of the song but I thought it was too hard to do such thing so I opted for the knees-sliding move instead.
Way to go!

Very wise to keep your mother in the dark!

Quote:
Only my friends were shocked when I sang it 'cause they were not expecting me to sing it at all. Their faces were like "Of all songs, why Unpretty?".
Yes, I can definitely see why they reacted like way. It's a super pretty (good choice of words! ) song though. We never got to sing songs during class. Too bad!

Quote:
Good thing your friend had this courage and patience as well in teaching the dance moves to you guys. That must be a hell lot of a task for her.
Definitely! Her teaching skills weren't that great though. It took her 15 minutes to learn and even the badest (is that a word?) of dancers should get the dance in less than 4 hours.

Total for Brandy & Monica. I still sing that song at random moments to my hubby. He's like: you do realize we're married right?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Love The Boy Is Mine. That is the song the girls at Paul Wesley board sing to each other.

I always found it odd in the song about the line you're the best in the future. It's like he's mine now but I know we won't work out so you can have him in the future.

I absolutely love this song even to this day. Always makes me want to get up and start dancing (which most 90s pop does that to me anyways ) But I still remember when this song came out!

Me and my friends like to take midnight trips to the beach in the summer and I remember one night we were putting in 90s cds to keep us awake. And my bff put this song on and we were cruising down the road at like 4am singing this song at the tops of our lungs.

April
Old 06-23-2011, 03:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Way to go!

Very wise to keep your mother in the dark!
Yep. Good thing I came up with that reason or else..

Quote:
Yes, I can definitely see why they reacted like way. It's a super pretty (good choice of words! ) song though. We never got to sing songs during class. Too bad!
Yes it is! That's why I love that song very much. It just speaks some truth. Really? You never got to sing at least one? Why is that?

Quote:
I still sing that song at random moments to my hubby. He's like: you do realize we're married right?
That cracked me up a little. I think I can picture your husband's face when you're singing it.

Quote:
Love The Boy Is Mine. That is the song the girls at Paul Wesley board sing to each other.
I can imagine that.

Quote:
I absolutely love this song even to this day. Always makes me want to get up and start dancing (which most 90s pop does that to me anyways ) But I still remember when this song came out!

Me and my friends like to take midnight trips to the beach in the summer and I remember one night we were putting in 90s cds to keep us awake. And my bff put this song on and we were cruising down the road at like 4am singing this song at the tops of our lungs.
OMG! I love that song! Hanson can MMMbop me anytime. Kidding! I can remember as well when that song came out and how my cousin, who's 5 years older than me, used to sing it with the wrong lyrics.

The midnight trips to the beach sounds awesome! I envy you 'cause I never got to do such thing when I was young.

And since you reminded us of Hanson, why not go straight to the other one?

This song is just one of those late 90s track that puts me in the mood. Especially when I'm feeling nostalgic, this song never fails to be played on my player. I can still remember when they came here in our country and guested in the noontime TV show of one of the local channels here, I was like super crazy! I kept on screaming in front of our TV.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread