Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-20-2009, 07:49 AM
Elite Fan

Just a few bits from the last week or so:

Quote:
Question: How I Met Your Mother is currently filming its 100th episode so I’m guessing you have some new news for us. Right? —Jack
Ausiello: Right! Exec producer Carter Bays says the climactic musical number will feature “a big chorus, a kick line, the whole thing. It’s a big celebratory episode.” Everyone in the cast gets a chance to sing, and that includes reluctant crooner Alyson Hannigan. “She didn’t want to sing,” says Carter of Hannigan, who expressed similar reservations prior to shooting Buffy’s musical episode. “But we gave her a little something. She’s got a nice, lilting little voice.” Musical extravaganza aside, Carter says, at its core, the 100th installment is “just a great episode of Mother. That’s what I’m proud of more than anything else. It’s another good episode like the 99 before it.”

Question: Will Barney and Robin get back together on How I Met Your Mother? Their break-up felt rushed when you consider Barney pined after her for an entire season. —Robin
Ausiello: My crystal ball makes no mention of reconciliation in the near or distant future.

Question: Who’s this Don dude on How I Met Your Mother? Is he going to be a serious love interest for Robin? —Necle
Ausiello: This “Don dude” has a name: Benjamin Koldyke. And yes, it sounds like he’ll be around for a bit. “We’re hoping so,” says Carter Bays. “I don’t want to oversell anything. Yes, it’s very soon after her and Barney [split up], but it’s been a while since there’s been a real, serious… We’ve had characters that Ted has dated many times, but we haven’t brought in somebody for Robin. We’re seeing where it goes. We’re taking it gingerly.”
Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on 'House,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Glee,' 'Smallville,' and more! | Ausiello | EW.com

Quote:
Will Barney and Robin's break up stick? -Mari
Indeed. Be prepared for the Barnana to revert back to his old man-whore ways now that he and Robin have split. And since Robin is apparently the coolest chick in the world, there won't really even be weirdness. The group dynamic will pretty much return to what it used to be.
'Desperate Housewives' mystery, 'HIMYM' split, '90210' romance: You Ask, I Answer - KTV: Korbi TV - Zap2it

I still think that just because the bloggers don't know about it, doesn't mean it won't come to anything further down the line.

And right after I posted...
Quote:
How I Met Your Mother’s decision to bring the Barney-Robin love story to a premature climax has left fans feeling decidedly unsatisfied. But executive producer Carter Bays insists the romance was sacrificed for a greater good: the preservation of Neil Patrick Harris’ legendary ladies’ man.

“None of us wanted to see Barney wearing a sweater-vest and going to bed-and-breakfasts,” says Bays, adding that it makes sense the relationship would “flame out fast” given that “neither of them, at their core, really wanted to be tied down.” Bays also believes that, deep down, viewers prefer single Barney to attached Barney. “It’s one of those things where you can give people what they think they want, or what they really want.”

And should some of them feel that they really want him to settle down with Robin, Bays offers this bit of hope. “[They] could get relationship amnesia and decide, ‘Hey, this is a good idea!’” he proposes. “This could be the first of many flameouts for them.”

Bays, however, stops short of saying a full-fledged reconciliation could be in their future. “I don’t want to say reconciliation,” he says. “But the story is not over, for sure.”

What do you think? Is Bays right? Did you really want to see Barney and Robin go their separate ways? Sound off in the comments!
http://bit.ly/3o5YAL

Last edited by *~*Rach*~*; 11-20-2009 at 08:13 AM
Old 11-24-2009, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

it sohuld get worked out in the end, I have a feeling it will but right now this is just a slap in the face to us all
Old 11-24-2009, 03:04 PM
Elite Fan

I think Carter worded that badly. I think it would have been easier to take if it had been worded better. Without telling us that we don't know what we want.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:41 PM
Elite Fan

well, now that's the most positive thing we've heard him say out of the whole thing
Quote:
Question: Count me among those fans not happy about the Barney-Robin split on How I Met Your Mother. Is Barney just going to return to his old womanizing ways? —Gerald
Ausiello: Exec producer Carter Bays insists Barney is a changed man as a result of his short-lived romance with Robin — just don’t expect to notice any of those changes right away. “Barney’s a lot like the economy,” he says. “You can pass a stimulus package, but it will take a while to take effect. But he’s definitely affected by it. It’s definitely changed him.” Any hints as to what those changes will look like? “I probably shouldn’t say,” he hedges. “But in the second half of the season, there will be some events coming up that sort of bring that to light.”
Old 11-26-2009, 03:19 PM
Elite Fan

I liked the wording on that one much better!
Old 11-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

so did I
I mean, I'm pretty sure they'll go back to Barney/Robin at some point but I didn't want Barney to just act like nothing really bothered him. He spent a year pining over her, he got her and now it's over. Surely he must be affected by it.
So I'm glad to see there will be some character growth out of the whole thing

I was thinking, could one of this event be about Don and Robin?
I mean, he always went nuts over the guys she dated. I'm thinking this isn't really gonna change for him. Just maybe, I don't know
Old 12-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

Latest spoilers etc

5.12 Press Release
Quote:
WHILE BARNEY MUST CHOOSE BETWEEN BEDDING THE BAR'S HOT BARTENDER OR HIS BELOVED SUITS, TED GETS ONE STEP CLOSER TO MEETING HIS FUTURE WIFE, ON THE 100th EPISODE OF "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER," MONDAY, JAN. 11

HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER Celebrates its 100th Episode with Special Guest Stars

Rachel Bilson ("The OC") as Cindy, Stacy Keibler ("Dancing with the Stars") as Karina, The Bartender, and Tim Gunn ("Project Runway") as Himself

Cast Performs the Musical Number, "Nothing Suits Me Like a Suit"

"Girls Vs. Suits" - When Barney debates giving up wearing suits in order to land a hot bartender, his conflicted feelings lead to an amazingly awesome musical number. Meanwhile, Ted gets one step closer to meeting the future mother of his kids, on the 100th episode of HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, Jan. 11 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Rachel Bilson, Stacy Keibler and Tim Gunn guest star.

RECURRING CAST
Narrator.......................................... Bob Saget
Son............................................. David Henrie
Daughter................................. Lyndsy Fonseca
Carl................................................ Joe Nieves

GUEST CAST:
Cindy.......................................... Rachel Bilson
Karina........................................ Stacy Keibler
Tim................................................... Tim Gunn
Frat Dude #1......................... James Pumphrey
Herb.................................... Ryan Kyler Bailey
Ricky........................................ Michael Busch

WRITTEN BY: Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, co-creators and executive producers
DIRECTED BY: Pamela Fryman

5.13 Press Release
Quote:
MARSHALL TRIES TO PROVE TO LILY THAT HIS ATTRACTIVE FEMALE COLLEAGUE PLANTED A KISS ON HIM, ON "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER," MONDAY, JAN. 18

Amanda Peet ("2012") Guest Stars As Jenkins, Marshall's Colleague Series Star Neil Patrick Harris Directs the Episode

"Jenkins" - When Lily refuses to believe that Jenkins, Marshall's attractive female colleague, kissed him, Marshall insists Jenkins tell Lily what really happened. Meanwhile, Robin finds out that a drinking game has been made up about her, on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, Jan. 18 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Amanda Peet ("Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip") guest stars as Jenkins.

RECURRING CAST
Narrator.......................................... Bob Saget
Blauman....................................... Taran Killam (Cobie's fiance)

GUEST CAST:
Scotty................................... Andrew Caldwell
Male Jenkins............................. Edward Flores
Betty................................... Marieve Herington
Novelist................................. Timothy Brennen
8 Year Old Kid............................ Lucky Davis

WRITTEN BY: Greg Malins
DIRECTED BY: Series Star Neil Patrick Harris
Kristin @ eonline spoiler chat 15th December
Quote:
David in Fontana, Calif.: All anyone talks about anymore is the How I Met Your Mother 100th episode. What's coming up after that?
Well, since you asked, Neil Patrick Harris is actually heading behind the scenes to direct the 101st episode, which they just started filming this Monday. "I'm directing the episode, so it's going to be a long week for me," NPH told us the night before his big gig. "I'm in it and directing, so I get to yell at Jason Segel a lot: "No! Better! Faster! No! Funnier, be funnier, Jason!" Feel better, now?
Ask Ausiello, December 16th:
Quote:
Question: What do I have to do to get some How I Met Your Mother scoop around here? —Hannah
Ausiello: You have to simmah down nah and keep reading. Golden Globe nominee Neil Patrick Harris tells me that the musical number at the end of the 100th episode on Jan. 11 will demand repeat viewings. “There were so many great little things that we were able to put into each shot,” he says. “The song [titled "Nothing Suits Me Like a Suit"] happens so quickly that I think you’ll go back and go, ‘Whoa, wait a minute, those mannequins in the background are actually humans that are moving.’ There are going to be a lot of those little things.”

Question: Please tell me it’s not really the end for Barney and Robin on How I Met Your Mother! —Daphne

Ausiello: Neil Patrick Harris isn’t convinced it is. “I think there are still feelings there,” he says. “I don’t know that it’s done.” Regardless, the romance — which he says was “supposed to be two, maybe three episodes and it turned into seven” — served its purpose in that it humanized Barney. “At a certain point when you see someone who is just abhorrent week in and week out with his sexual conquests it’s nice to figure out what the Kryptonite is there,” he says. “Otherwise, [he] becomes a one-trick pony. So I’m glad that they fleshed him out a little bit. I also got to work with Cobie in a more serious nature. It was fun to do actual scenes with her as opposed to just being jokey.” What now? Does Barney just revert back to being a one-dimensional cad? “There’s no way to not go back to where he was pre-Robin,” he maintains. “That’s Barney Stinson in a nutshell. He suppresses all actual emotion and just plants his seed wherever he goes. Can I say that in EW? I meant it in a dirty way.” Actually, you can’t. I’ll let this one slide.
Ask Ausiello, December 23rd:
Quote:
Question: Riddle me something about How I Met Your Mother’s 100th episode. –Chad
Ausiello: I can confirm three things: Barney will suffer a devastating personal loss, we will finally see Ted’s baby-mama (but there’s a twist!), and the episode more than lives up to the hype.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOOK AT THEM ALL IN SUITS!
Old 12-29-2009, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

I KNOW SERIOUSLY HOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

IT'S THE MOST EPIC THING EVER!!! I'm literally freaking.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:32 AM
Elite Fan

SIX DAYS TO GO!

Hee!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

just giving this a bump

and also to give some news
Quote:
Ready for some news as awesome as Barney Stinson himself?

How I Met Your Mother executive producer Cater Bays tells me exclusively that there will be “an attempted reconciliation between two exes” later this season.

Does this mean Robin and Barney will rekindle their legendarily short romance? Bays hinted at such a possibility a few months ago when he told me the couple’s “story is not over, for sure.”

Then again, it could just as easily be Ted and Robin. Or Ted and Stella. Or Ted and… Well, you get the picture. There are a lot of options.
Maybe this doesn't involve Barney but there's a chance it does

Stills for 5.20
How I Met Your Mother - Episode 5.20 - Home Wreckers - Promotional Photos | Spoiler TV

Epi description for 5.21
Quote:
TED AND BARNEY FIGHT OVER THEIR LOVE FOR ROBIN, ON "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER," MONDAY, MAY 3

"Twin Beds" - When Ted and Barney jeopardize Robin's new relationship by professing their love for her, Robin realizes that she is finally over them. Meanwhile, after spending a weekend sleeping in twin beds, Marshall and Lily decide to get twin beds at home, on HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, Monday, May 3 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
Though I don't think any of this is real. Maybe they just don't like Don? That would make me so happy
Quote:
Drew22: More HIMYM scoop, please!
When you see Neil Patrick Harris in the finale, you may piss yourself. Pretty outrageous costume alert, and it's not far off from Carrot Top after sticking his finger in a light socket! Legendary.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Those are awesome, thank you!

But she realizes she's OVER THEM?!?!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

Well she has been over Ted for a long time. As for Barney, she may say this now but I feel like if she breaks up with Don (which she will ) and Barney can show some feelings, it can all change. I'm still keeping the hope that they're gonna get these two back together, they need to
Old 08-29-2010, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

any for season 6? im on season 3 right now hehe i will be caught up by season 6 date hopefully