Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-28-2009, 04:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

So, wait, isn't Lubov a doll? Isn't that what that one scene between him and Topher was supposed to tell us?

Crazy singer is crazy. Don't have much to say about that bit.

I really love how they showed what made Echo different, that she thinks outside the parameters while still accomplishing the mission objective. She can see outside the box of what others would think she's supposed to do. Like how the real threat to Rayna's life was Rayna herself, so she had to help Rayna see that in order to save her. Which meant going outside of the "keep Rayna safe" parameter and actually putting her in harms way. So cool.

And I am so intrigued by Echo's headshake at Sierra at the end there.

I have to say, in some ways I liked this one more than last week.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I only caught a bit of this episode, cuz I went out to eat late tonight. Anything noteworthy happen?
Echo sang!

Quote:
So, wait, isn't Lubov a doll? Isn't that what that one scene between him and Topher was supposed to tell us?
I was wondering the same thing.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 02-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Website Manager

I missed about the first 10 or 15 minutes of the episode... for which I will be watching very shortly. But I did quite enjoy what I did see of the episode. The ending was good to... when Echo seemed to remember people as she was walking around.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:50 PM
I am a basketball genius!

That was the ending then? Cuz I saw some of her singing, but missed the entire 2 nd half of the show.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Elite Fan

You should watch it online then.

I'll be posting my review after I watch it tonight.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 02-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassandrajones (View Post)
Yeah, his name is Victor. That was quite the surprise.

And is it possible that Rayna used to be a doll? All that talk about being empty and grown or some crap made me think she was, hence her desire to end her unhappy life.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:33 PM
Loyal Fan

The episodes have just gotten better and better.
I think they made a huge mistake including Enver Gjokaj in the advertising material, revealing that he was an active. If they had simply said he was a Russian mobster that was helping the FBI find the Dollhouse, his reveal as a Doll would have been HUGE!
As great as the entire episode was, the shake of the head from Echo to Sierra was the most intriguing thing in the entire episode
Old 02-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

So I got to watch the ep this morning. Like others I didnt think the episode was as good as last week but it wasn't a bad episode. We learned a few things, which was nice. I think Echo went above and beyong in this episode, she put up with a lot of crap from Raina which most people wouldn't without wanting smack her around. Her singing voice is beautiful, she has talent. And I really liked the arse-kicking portion of this episode, it wasnt over done.

The security guy bugs, he seems to have a problem with Echo and I think he could be dangerous, we see in the last episode how he has a go at her when she's at the Dollhouse. I think he could be a risk to the Dollhouse itself when her old personality starts shining through and she's not so placid while she's at the Dollhouse. If he keeps saying things like he did to her last episode and things that he said last night about getting rid of her than it could lead to her breaking out and thats obviously something thats going to happen anyway but I think his attitude will add to that.

Such a joy to see Sierra/Echo together even just at the start of the episode with Echo helping her out, I thought their scenes were very sweet and it showed while they were out on the mission that they do work well together.

We found out that Victor is a doll even if we kind of new that already and had suspicions, it was nice for it to be confirmed. I wonder is this how they know that Paul has been snooping around? All of Victor and Paul's encounters, do they get fed back the the Dollhouse staff?

I thought Paul was great in this episode especially his conversation with Victor on the balcony and what he says about the human race, I also loved his arse-kicking portion of the episode, he'd been shot and he still found what little energy he had to fight them off. I thought the blank look on his face int he hospital and his neighbour trying to get in to see him was a very nice touch. I cant wait to find out more about his neighbour.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
Lastly Topher experienced his first problem, at least that we`ve seen, when Echo changed plans. I think that Echo`s outside thinking is going to be a tough test for Topher.
You're right, and for Echo. Dominic will be coming after Topher again if he or anyone else thinks that something is wrong with Echo. Of course they'll come to him and blame him, since he's the one who 'programs' her personalities. But I think what will hurt Echo in the long run is when they realize that it is out of Topher's control. Only Boyd and Claire so far have seem to caught on just how "special" she is.

It wasn't that big of a twist to find out that Victor was an active. They slipped in the promo pictures (note the barefeet) to show that he was a doll too. But I still liked the way that they revealed it. Topher was doing his thing as usual, and then BAM! "Did I fall asleep?" (I can't remember, was he still using a Russian accent or no?)

Trying to be unbiased here, but I really was happy to see more of Paul. I thought the fight scene looked very real, Paul really does know how to defend himself. But being an FBI agent, he really should invest in a bulletproof vest.

ETA: I just need to get something off my chest about the "handlers" (Boyd and Sierra's handler). What is their purpose, exactly? I understand that they're bodyguards in a way. But how the hell can they "protect" the actives, when they're sitting in some tiny room or small van, watching them on a screen? There was a freaking killer on the loose, and they're just going to sit there and wait for something to happen? I really think they should be making a change to that.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJ (View Post)
And is it possible that Rayna used to be a doll? All that talk about being empty and grown or some crap made me think she was, hence her desire to end her unhappy life.
I got that vibe also even from the beginning when Dewitt seemed to show particular knowledge of her. Did she have a scrap book or some kind of shadow box with photo's of Rayna in the very beginning when she was talking to that music exec? Or maybe it was just the folder with pictures for the assignment. It also seemed like he and Dewitt knew each other. I don't think they showed them introducing themselves. I'll have to watch again to look more closely.

Both Echo and Sierra seem to be retaining knowledge of each other even during missions and in the wiped state at the dollhouse. That little head shake that Echo gave Sierra near the end indicated that they know they are not supposed to be remembering and so are trying to keep it from the handlers and staff.

It will be interesting finding out exactly what Victor's mission is. Is it long term recurring undercover or was it just enough to try to keep Paul off the trail? I'm wondering how Paul got focused on him as a lead to begin with.

It should be interesting find out how all this play out.

Old 03-01-2009, 02:56 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Okay, thanks. I'll catch it tomorrow then.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

didn't know eliza could blow like that! guh! i found myself having flashbacks to the bodyguard throughout the whole ep though... the stalker even resembled the one from the movie... strange! ... and i agree with everyone else... the ep was alright, but nothing special
Old 03-03-2009, 05:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved it. I loved it. I loved it. ZOMG.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

I finally just watched this... figured I'd better before the neeext one...

I still have a hard time following this what is it, FBI storyline... whatever. The guy looking for whoever Echo really is/used to be/whatever. I never follow.

personally, I couldn't care less for the poor pop diva, but Echo did pretty good taking care of things.

and I didn't understand the very end, either, so... yeah
Ellie
Old 03-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

I really liked this one, I did not know she could sing, the dancing not so much