Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Man On The Street - Episode Discussion - March 20 2009

I hope it's OK to start this. I couldn't find a thread for it. Please close this if needed.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting the thread, Im sure one of the mods will top it.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You're welcome. I'm really surprised there wasn't one posted yet. So let's discuss the episode. I loved it!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Millie confuses me. I don't fully understand who she is. *scratches head*
Old 03-20-2009, 07:40 PM
Master Fan

I LOVED THIS EPISODEEE *squeals* By far the best!!!
Old 03-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting the thread. It`s better late than never.

Tonight`s episode was outstanding. It was the most action filled episode to date and full of intrigue that left us with a lot more questions.

First of all i liked that it was centered around Paul. Tahmoh delivered a very good performance in it. I really enjoyed seeing Paul kicking a lot of ass in it. getting closer to the truth about the Dollhouse and finally meeting Echo.

The meeting between them was a lot of fun to watch with the great fight scene in the kitchen and then got even more intriguing when Echo revealed some information about the Dollhouse. I`m sure that will give Paul something to work with in his investigation.

As for Echo, her revealation to Paul left us with some question. Personally i have a feeling that Echo did that in spite of being imprinted.

Mellie has suddenly become even more intriguing with her being revealed as an undercover Active to spy on Paul as evident by her becoming activated during the fight with the creepy handler, who she killed. I had a feeling that she would be an Active. After all she looked too good not to be one. Now i`m interested to see how she became a part of the Dollhouse program and why she was selected to spy on Paul.

The storyline with Sierra being molested was a nice secondary storyline. I`m glad that Victor was innocent. We all know that he would never hurt Sierra. Boyd did a great job of handling the situation with the nice setup of that creepy handler. It was a thing of beauty when Boyd punched that dude, which put him through that glass. That shows even more how great Boyd is.

Lastly the revealation that Echo gave Paul late in tonight`s episode left us even more intriguing questions, especially with the Dollhouse franchises around the world. Hopefully we`ll get a little more info about them soon.

In all i really enjoyed tonight`s episode. I think that it was an outstanding step forward for the show in terms of answering a few questions that a lot of us has speculated about for a while (i.e. Mellie and the Dollhouse program), but at the same time, it left us with some more intriguing questions.

Next week`s episode looks very intriguing with the mystery drug on the loose at a college campus, where Echo went to school at. Hopefully we`ll get some background about Echo when she was in college.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 03-20-2009 at 09:19 PM
Old 03-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hot Rod, you pretty much summed up how I felt about the episode. I thought it was a great turning point for the series.

I think I liked the Paul/Echo fight the best. And Adele's voice coming on Paul's answering machine to activate Mellie. Boyd catching the rapist.

And I thought Patton Oswalt was a great guest star. I liked that he wasn't just some creepy guy, but someone who'd had a heartbreak. I like how he called Paul on his fascination with Caroline/Echo.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)

And I thought Patton Oswalt was a great guest star. I liked that he wasn't just some creepy guy, but someone who'd had a heartbreak. I like how he called Paul on his fascination with Caroline/Echo.
I also thought that Patton was great in tonight`s episode. He did a great job of portraying a client that wanted to relive his life before his terrible loss. It was a nice refreshing change from the usual clients that only wanted a sexual fantasy from Echo.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Loyal Fan

I guess Mellie really is November
Old 03-20-2009, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

I really liked tonight! It was interesting because it wasn't really about a mission this time. It was focused more on an overall story.

I was really worried for Mellie, and so didn't see that snap change happening. Totally took me by surprise, though it makes more sense to knock that handler guy than some random chick that believes an urban legend.

so someone on the inside is... not trying to expose, but what? it's odd. I'm always so confused!

I thought it was sweet Echo wanted to finish the picture.
Ellie
Old 03-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Loyal Fan

So there are Dollhouses around the world. The one on LA is just the tip of the iceberg. Was the "corrupted" imprint for Echo when she revealed things to Paul the truth or wa it faked by DeWitt?

When Mellie changed over, the change in the actresses face was amazing, she really did seem like she was changed, there was almost a flash in her eyes. Just an amazing episode.

Oh and the man on the street interview that thought it would be a good deal for a guy that would like to see what it's like to mess around with another, nothing "queeny", that was priceless. And the look on the face of the woman he was with made the whole thing
Old 03-20-2009, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

yeah, that was definitely the best street interview. I was laughing so hard. I have to admit, it was interesting to hear POVs on it, because personally, I have a slight problem with the prostitutioness of it. The rest I don't mind so much, whether they're good or bad, but that they sell bodies... irks me a lot.
Ellie
Old 03-20-2009, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

What a great episode!!!

Best of the best so far, IMO..... It had everything. perfect, really.
....and Mellie kicked butt!
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not the most interesting show of the season, but we sure found out a lot of news. I knew something was up with Mellie! ...and YAY Victor wasn't the bad guy! ...I knew he was being set up but didn't think it was her handler, thought maybe Dominic was behind it. So glad her handler got what was coming to him.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 03-21-2009, 05:32 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer78 (View Post)
You're welcome. I'm really surprised there wasn't one posted yet. So let's discuss the episode. I loved it!
Yeah, sorry..I completely forgot. Thanks for starting it!

This was probably my favorite episode to date. And I'm not just saying that because I'm already biased toward Paul/Echo. I think.

Because finally he got to see her face to face, twice. The first time it was a bit...awkward I guess. I can't imagine how Paul is going to "help" her, when she's so convinced of who she is when she's imprinted. Oh, and their fight scene in the kitchen/alley? Freaking awesome. It looked totally real, and these two certainly pulled it off very well. I'm going to have to watch that scene over again, because I was a little confused on why she was telling him all those things about the Dollhouse. Was that Echo talking to him, or did Alpha have something to do with that?

And oh crap, Mellie/November is probably the best freaking kept secret on Dollhouse, ever. I even read spoilers, and I didn't see it coming. They announced when they first cast her that she would play November, but then later said that they decided not to make her a doll. And now she really is? Tricky, people. I loved her face as she 'flipped the switch' and killed Sierra's handler. Didn't like the guy, even before the raping. So, I look forward to seeing who her new handler is.

And Victor is soooo freaking sweet in his doll-like state when it comes to Echo. To feel that kind of concern for her was adorable, and I loved the scene at the end with the two of them on the couch.

I really like where the show is going, and I can't wait to see more.

Join the John Mayer campaign!