Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Loyal Fan

2x09/2x10: Stop-Loss / The Attic (12/18/09)

Episode Synopsis: DOLLHOUSE "Stop-Loss/The Attic" Season 2 Episode 9 and 10 - As his contract with the Dollhouse expires, Victor is released back into the world, where his military past threatens his future with Sierra. Meanwhile, Echo is deemed too dangerous and is sent into her worst nightmare in the all-new "Stop-Loss/The Attic" episode ofDOLLHOUSE airing Friday, Dec. 18 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

Cast: Eliza Dushku as Echo; Tahmoh Penikett as Paul Ballard; Olivia Williams as Adelle DeWitt; Harry Lennix as Boyd Langton; Fran Kranz as Topher Brink; Enver Gjokaj as Victor; Dichen Lachman as Sierra

Guest Cast: Liza Lapira as Ivy; Michael Kin as Hagan; Reed Diamond as Laurence Dominic; Vincent Ventresca as Nolan Kinnard; Adam Godley as Clyde Randolph; Tzi Ma as Matsu; Keir Thirus as Myers

we both go together if one falls down
talk out loud like you're still around

© JESS | tm | tw | lj
Old 12-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting!

REED!
Old 12-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

TFTET.

I`m really liking Stop-Loss so far.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Loyal Fan

One of my major wishes for the show before it ended was for their to be a Victor-centric episode so me = very happy right now.

I'm really curious to see where they take this attic thing. Ah. WayTooGoodToBeCanceled!

© JESS | tm | tw | lj
Old 12-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Let me just say that tonight`s episodes were great. I loved the themes in both of the episodes.

I`m so glad that we finally got to see a Victor-centric episode with Stop-Loss. It was a great examination of not only a former Doll`s life back on the outside after the five years in the Dollhouse, but also the first look at the secret layers of Rossum with the Mindwhisper program, which could be happening in real life.

Plus i was very happy to see Bison teaming up for a mission. It was so great to see them kicking some ass together.

Also Adelle was obviously unhappy with Victor leaving, which meant no more Roger for her. I still would love to see that part of her life explored.

Moving on to The Attic, that episode was a great look at the inner workings of not only the Dollhouses, but also Echo, Sierra and Victor`s worst fears. This episode further shows that Joss is the best at writing dream/nightmare episodes.

I was very glad to see Dominic back. it`s nice to see him crusading for the right cause.

Also Clyde coming into the picture gave us some nice insight into the history of the Rossum Corporation.

Finally i`m still in shock about the twist toward the end. I`m so relieved that Adelle was in on it. I was so worried about her being too deep in the dark side for a while.

Overall i really loved tonight`s episodes. It fulfilled our need for Victor`s background being explored a bit, Bison teaming up and the Rossum Corporation`s history being explored along with plenty of great action and intrigue.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Finished both episodes now. Dang, didn't realize there were going to be another hiatus! This definitely left some questions open that I want answers to: What did they take away from Paul? Who was Clyde's original partner (they kind of seemed to be heavy hinting that it could be a woman ... red herrring?)? What was Boyd's "problem at home"? Was what Adelle and Ivy talked about ever really clarified?

And I wonder if this means "Sierra" and "Victor" will be Priya and Tony now for the rest of the series? I kind of hope so. As I said before, I was happy to see a Victor/Tony episode and all the pro Sierra/Victor stuff was a nice cherry on top of that.

I've noticed Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen have been writing a lot of the episodes lately - they're fantastic!

Oh, and I agree about Joss doing nightmare episodes well, and it seems to be a theme he likes to explore often.

Previews: Claire! I've been wondering when Amy would return. Caught a few little flashes of Summer Glau as well. Wonder if Alpha will return before all is said and done? They seem to be steamroller-ing their way to the events of Epitaph One, each episode is so much to take in but I'm happy it seems Joss is trying to fit in his entire vision for the program before the lights go out.

© JESS | tm | tw | lj

Last edited by falling is like this; 12-19-2009 at 07:53 AM
Old 12-18-2009, 10:52 PM
New Fan

"Was what Adelle and Ivy talked about ever really clarified?"
Adelle told Ivy to prepare to take over Topher's job if necessary in the future.

Anyways, tonight's episodes were fantastic. Finally we got a scene from Epitaph 1, and it turns out what we thought happened was just a delusion. Also, I loved Echo saying "I don't know how long we've been off the air".
Old 12-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Elite Fan

First of all, I have no idea how it is possible that this fantastic show with absolutely brilliant writing, acting, and directing is ending? It kills me to think that it will be over soon, but at least we're getting the full vision of Joss, which I'm very happy about, even if it is a bit overwhelming. Onto the eps...

They were both so freaking amazing! I was so glad to finally get a Victor-centric episode, which we've really been lacking in since the beginning of the series. Shirtless!Victor is one of the hottest things out there, but that's not the only reason I loved the ep. I love the beginning with Adelle and Roger. I was kinda expecting that because it seemed that she used Roger a lot back in the day so it would only make sense for her to want to get in a good go at the end before he leaves. I felt bad for Adelle because she's my favorite and everyone thinks she's so evil and has no heart but I hope that she's proved to everyone now (especially after the end twist in The Attic) that she does care. Anyways, I love how transcendent Victor/Sierra/Tony/Priya's love is. It's so beautiful to watch and I was sooo surprised that they, along with Echo ended up in the Attic. I was not expecting that from Adelle, I mean expecting Victor and Sierra to be with Echo there. But damn was it good! OMG REED!!!! He looked sooooo freaking gorgeous being a hero in the Attic and everything. I absolutely loved him here and how he decided to stay back and help the other people in the Attic. THE TWIST! I was so hoping that Adelle wasn't really choosing to be evil and to be on the side of Rossum and I had almost given up hope when at the end we get her telling Echo that it was "we" I nearly had a heart attack and I was totes squeeling and screaming at my family that I knew she couldn't be evil. Yeah, these two eps gave us what we've been wanting though it did leave a lot of questions.

OMG how could I forget about Paul! I wanna know what they took from him. I'm thinking it's his memories or something along those lines.

We finally got a bit of Echo and Sierra together, kicking butt, even though it was kinda like Echo and Priya. Oh and Victor stabbing Priya at the end of The Attic and then allowing the other people in Clyde's reality to take him was some of the best imagery I've seen on the show. Nolan coming back as a zombie is in that category as well.

My thoughts are all over the place cuz I'm still freaking out about the eps and the three week hiatus we have to go through, so I'll just stop here.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow.

Many more comments later... Just two now: 1) The twist at the end of The Attic was marvelously done, so masterful that, even though Joss did something similar during the last season of Angel, I still didn't see it coming. 2) I just thought of this reading through the thread—what did they take away from Paul? I'll bet it was his love/attraction/obession/whatever for Caroline.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Elite Fan

I really did not see that twist at the end of The Attic coming at all and I'd be surprised at someone actually seeing it beforehand. I think it was so brilliantly done and the set-up of getting the audience to think that Adelle was an evil, cold-hearted bitch worked so well that no one could have seen it.

That's an interesting theory and it might be possible. I kinda want to think that they took his memories of Echo or Caroline away somehow, or of Mellie, but I'm not sure. I mean, what would he value most in the world? I think the answer to that is also the answer to what it is they took away from him.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilJeremy (View Post)
"Was what Adelle and Ivy talked about ever really clarified?"
Adelle told Ivy to prepare to take over Topher's job if necessary in the future.
Oh, I know that. I just couldn't figure out if it was part of Adelle's bitchy ruse or if she was serious.

© JESS | tm | tw | lj
Old 12-19-2009, 12:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Awesome episodes !!!!!

I LOVE when victor is involved in storylines
Simply put -- It's good-bye."
The End's Script
Shephard & Austen
Old 12-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Absolute Fan

These last four episodes have just been fantastic, the last two especially. I, too, did not see the twist coming, but I think the reason we didn't despite having had this done on Angel as well, was that Joss used more time to build up to Adelle's "betrayal", he made it look like she was doing it to save her own skin and it was such a fluid turn of events, while in Angel, the turn happened so abruptly we were left wondering what the hell happened.

And add me to the squeeing bunch with the Tony/Priya scenes I, too, hope they will remain themselves in the last episodes.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Passionate Fan

Awesome!

I loved everything. I loved the Tony/Priya (Victor/Sierra) scenes. These guys are on my list of favorite tv couples. Even though Tony/Victor was free he still remembered Sierra/Priya.

Adelle was amazing. I mean, the twist at the end was unbelievable! You played the role of "cold hearted bitch" so well.

Seeing Dominic again, another big surprise. It made me happy that he actually wants to help people now because back in season one he was such an ass. He's on the path of redemption now.

I'm glad Paul is awake but I'm worried what Topher had to take from him. OMG! If Topher took away Paul's ability to love Echo I'm kill him. No seriously, when the show comes back in three weeks I'm gonna jump inside the tv set and kill the geek.

It's a shame we have to wait until next year to see what happens. I just know it's going to be good though
Old 12-20-2009, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

From Stop-Loss

Roger: I don't believe for a second that you'd ever stoop to the level of those pathetic souls who have to hire your programmable love dolls to get what they need.

---

Topher: Do you see what I see?
Boyd: I don't see anything.
Topher: Exactly. There's nothing left in Ballard's head. Alpha scrubbed him clean. Even if I could make the Chair work on someone without active architecture, I'd be lucky if I could make him walk in a straight line.
Boyd: But he's stable, physically.
Topher: As a zuccini. Which is what he's gonna be for the rest of his life. And now my brain is starting to feel like his.
Boyd: Get some rest. I'll deliver the news to Echo.

---

DeWitt: Another woman, Mr. Brink?
Topher: Wha, uh, no? You're the only one here.
DeWitt: Who else is in on this practical joke? Boyd? Ivy? Echo?
Topher: If it was funny, I wanna take credit for it. I don't this this was funny.
DeWitt: Miss Lonelyhearts was dumped by Roger this evening.
Topher: Are you sure dementia hasn't got into her?
DeWitt: Stop being cute! How long have you known the identity of Miss Lonelyhearts?
Topher: You?? Oh…my…god! What have I said to you about her? Ewww, octogenarian, walker jokes, the thing about the early-bird special? Hahahaha… I didn't know.
DeWitt: If you didn't alter the imprint, I want to know who did.
[Topher and DeWitt walk into the treatment room to find Victor in the Chair.]
Ivy: Roger came back early. He didn't say why it ended, but my money's on a broken hip.
Topher: Ahhhh, eeeee…
Ivy: What?
Topher: She definitely didn't do it.
Ivy: Uh…
Topher: It wasn't on our end. Roger's parameters were exactly as you—she! she requested.
DeWitt: So where did the "mystery woman" come from?
Victor: Has anyone seen Sierra?

---

Topher: Look on the bright side, Roger didn't reject you.
DeWitt: No, Victor did!
Topher: It's just grouping, which won't be a problem after we set him free tomorrow.
DeWitt: Just make sure this doesn't happen with any other actives. We can't have clients being rejected by dolls who are programmed to love them.
Topher: Yeah, we're lucky this happened to you.
DeWitt: If anyone finds out about this, you won't be so lucky.

---

Boyd: I don't think that's a smart idea. DeWitt's watching your every move, you upset her and you'll wind up in isolation again. Or worse.
Echo: I haven't seen Paul since they stabilized him. What if I don't get to see him again? What if—?
Boyd: That's not gonna happen. Topher's working every angle. But you might want to say goodbye to Victor. His contract ends first thing in the morning. [beat] I thought you'd be glad.
Echo: I was gonna use him to help me get everyone out.
Boyd: He's already been used for five years. You'll manage without him.
Echo: Everything's slipping away from me. Before it was memories, but I figured out how to hold onto them. And now that I have something real, people I care about, they're slipping away from me too.

---

Topher: Afghanistan War vet, severe PTSD, which we cured…this one actually makes me feel good about myself. The last thing he remembers is reclining in that Chair five years ago as I explained to him that the last thing he would remember is reclining in the Chair… I was probably standing right…here.
Anthony: Did it not work? Something go wrong? [to Ivy] You were not just standing there. [to Topher] And you were wearing different clothes…well, not that different.
Topher: What did I just tell you?
Anthony: That five years would seem like…five seconds.
Topher: Welcome to the future. Where cars fly, robots serve our every whim, and genetically engineered dinosaurs rule the Earth!
Ivy: It's pretty much the same as when you left.
Anthony: And the war? Is it…?
Topher: It's still going on.
Anthony: So that's it. Five years, just like that.
Ivy: It wasn't "just like that."
Anthony: Right. Five years I don't even remember. I don't know. It almost seems to easy.

---

Echo: How long have you been sitting here?
Sierra: I'm waiting for Victor. We're going to have dinner together.
Echo: Sierra, Victor's not coming back.
Sierra: But he always comes back from his treatments.
Echo: This time he isn't. He left, for good.
Sierra: He wouldn't leave me.
Echo: He's free. They gave his life back to him.
Sierra: But you're not happy for him.
Echo: I needed him. I thought he could help me get everyone out.
Sierra: I'm sad too. But not for us. For him. He's not ready to be by himself.

---

Echo: Where's Paul?
DeWitt: He's not dead, if that's what you're thinking.
Echo: What did you do to him?
DeWitt: Mr. Ballard has been moved to a more secure location, one where your illicit key card will be of no use. No need to fret. He's receiving top-notch care. Do you think anything goes on in my House without my knowledge?
Echo: I don't know, it seems like a lot went down without you knowing.
DeWitt: Yes. Well, I'm not surprised that Paul and Boyd kept your secret from me, but Topher? He can barely keep a belch to himself. Come on, don't be rude, it's just a friendly chat.
Echo: You really wanna do this? Pretend that we're equals? Go toe-to-toe?
DeWitt: Why? You having trouble keeping up?
Echo: You think I'm scared of you? I have a serial killer in my head.
DeWitt: Yes, if memory serves me, one that's petrified of women. All those people in your head, I know their deepest, darkest secrets. You're forgetting who put them there in the first place.
Echo: So now you're trying to take credit for making me. You didn't make me. I made me. You may think all these people knocking around in my head are useless, but that's forty more brains than you have. So I think we can agree that I'm smarter, tougher, and a whole lot scarier than you could ever hope to be.
DeWitt: If you're so powerful, why are you still in my House, sneaking around trying to find your comatose boyfriend?
Echo: Lady, if I wanted to be somewhere else I would be. But there's work to do here. Now you can be on my side, or you can be on Rossum's, but the time for playing both is over.

---

Boyd: This Victor's readout?
Topher: Was Victor's readout. At 1:53 a.m. last night his bio-links went kaput. As in no signal. I can't even raise his GPS.
Boyd: I'll send a van to bring him in for a diagnostic.
Topher: Those aren't "I'll send a van to bring him in for a diagnostic" squigglies. They're "fight for your life" squigglies.
Boyd: I'm on my way.

---

Echo: All clear.
Boyd: Same here.
Echo: Ready to process the room? You want FBI, private investigator, or should I surprise you?
Boyd: So how exactly does this work? You accessing other personalities?
Echo: I used to have to make an effort to switch between imprints, but now I can slip back and forth without even thinking.
Boyd: Who am I talking to now?
Echo: Echo. You're always talking to Echo. But Roma Klar and Eleanor Penn are duking it out in the background over who gets to help me figure this one out.
Boyd: I'll take all the help I can get.
Echo: They came through the front door. No sign of a struggle, and they left the place pretty clean. Whoever did this, they're professionals.
Boyd: It was an inside job.
Echo: You see a clue I don't?
Boyd: Victor's been out of the House, what, less than twenty-four hours.
Echo: Which isn't enough time to be on anyone's radar.
Boyd: And they knew enough about our tech to deactivate his biolinks and GPS.
Echo: Seems like you're working on a theory.

---

Hagan: The military was supposed to fix us. They took away the pain, the fear, the shame, but they left us empty. Do you know why? Because we're soldiers. We need something to fight for. We can give you something to fight for.
Anthony: You want me to be a soldier? Where do I sign up?

---

Boyd: Victor's file was accessed three months ago, with continued break-ins leading up to his release.
Echo: Someone was making sure he was still on schedule. Can you run a back-trace?
Boyd: It's a Rossum server. Defense-grade firewall. Can you hack into it?
Echo: Someone in here can.

---

Echo: Have you ever heard of Scytheon?
Boyd: It's Rossum's military contracting wing. Their answer to Blackwater.
Echo: They're the ones who kidnapped Victor. They've got a dossier on him, personal history, military records, Dollhouse engagements, they've got it all. He's been placed in a classified program code-named Mind Whisper. It's being operated out of a bunker on the California-Nevada border.
Boyd: According to this, Mind Whisper's recruited dozens of ex-actives. The active architecture allows their minds to be linked via neural radio. They hear what everyone thinks, see what everyone sees.

---

Boyd: I'm giving you a chance, to help Victor. They've turned him into some kind of super-soldier.
DeWitt: It's what he wants. And isn't that why we're in business, to give people what they want?

---

Topher: Neural radios? That's the shortbus version of this tech.
Boyd: What's the endgame?
Topher: Groupthink. And not the bad kind that gave us the Bay of Pigs. This would be the much badder kind. Multiple minds thinking as one.

---

Ivy: This wasn't on the schedule.
Echo: Load me up. We're going to war.

---

Echo: I got what I need. Keep 'em coming.
Topher: Field medic, advanced triage, and it comes with a Texas twang.
Ivy: Got everything else that might be useful. Why didn't you let me in on this earlier?
Topher: You were on a need-to-know basis.
Ivy: Need to know or need to fetch?
Topher: Flying Cordona Brothers? She's breaking into an underground bunker, not the Big Top.
Echo: No, acrobatics makes sense.
Topher: Oh. You want Enrique or Ernesto?
Echo: Ernesto.
Topher: My choice, too.
Boyd: DeWitt's out cold. We got at least half the day.
Topher: Ooh! After we're done here, can I go to her office with a Sharpie?
Echo: Topher!
Topher: Yep. You've been downloaded with everything from basic G.I. Jane to nuclear physicist weapons maker who secretly yearns for nuclear disarmament. Did everything take?
Echo: Locked and loaded. But I need one more thing to pull this off.
Ivy: All I have left is Naughty Pirate Wench.

---

Priya: You! You promised me I wouldn't remember that day, you told me I could skip it!
Topher: Priya, calm down.
Priya: Why?! I don't wanna remember Nolan, I don't wanna remember any of it!
Topher: [to Ivy] Get her a beer. [to Priya] I couldn't delete that day because then you wouldn't remember him.
Priya: I don't wanna remember Nolan.
Topher: Not Nolan, not Nolan! I couldn't delete that day because then you wouldn't remember Victor. Before I wiped you, you told me you knew. You saw Victor, and you told me you knew.
Priya: That I loved him?
Topher: Exactly.
Priya: Why? What's going on?

---

Priya: Has Victor—I mean, Anthony—ever met me as Priya?
Echo: He's met Sierra. Think Priya with all the complications stripped away.
Priya: So why not just send me as her?
Echo: Because you'd still be figuring out how to buckle your seatbelt.
Priya: Oh.

---

Priya: How do we get in?
Echo: We get caught.

---

Topher: You really think we'll be able to pull this off without Cruella DeWitt finding out?

---

Echo: Don't piss off a blind girl.
Priya: Now we just need to make sure Anthony sees me.
Echo: He's already seen you. One of them sees us, they all see us. Come on.
Priya: So he'll come to us?
Echo: Eventually.

---

Priya: Anthony! I'm so glad it's you.
Anthony: Anthony's gone.
Priya: Anthony's gone, but what about Victor? I know he's in there somewhere.
Anthony: You're trying to confuse us. You're not gonna confuse us.
Priya: Victor. Victor! Victor remembers me. He couldn't forget, I didn't forget.
Echo: Anthony, lower your weapon.
Anthony: They don't want me to remember. They want me to kill you.
[Anthony ejects the gun's magazine.]
Echo: Are you in control?
Anthony: If she's here, it helps me to remember. It helps me to stay focused. They're not happy.

---

Anthony: No no no. They're not in control. I'm in control.
Priya: But they can hear you.
Anthony: And I can hear them. It's a tactical advantage. I know every move they're gonna make.
[Anthony exchanges gunfire with two soldiers.]
Anthony: There's two soldiers, A-T formation, XM-80 assaut rifles, MK-23s and flash grenades. They're about to make an offensive move. I'm Anthony, by the way. You can call me Tony.
Priya: Priya.
Anthony: Nice to meet you.
[Another exchange of gunfire.]
Anthony: So you're from Australia?
Priya: Maybe we should save the small talk till after the gunfight.
Anthony: No, it's good. The more I can remember about me, us, the easier it is to keep them out.

---

DeWitt: You sent Echo and Sierra to retrieve Victor.
Boyd: Someone had to make the call.
DeWitt: I ordered you to leave it alone!
Boyd: I was hoping you wouldn't remember that conversation.
DeWitt: What are you saying?
Boyd: I'm saying that you're a drunk. You're obsessed with keeping Echo under your thumb, and you'll do anything you can to keep Harding smiling. We may not have agreed in the past, but at least we put this House and the actives first. What happened to that woman?
DeWitt: She's standing in front of you.
Boyd: No, she's not. If you don't find her soon, you're gonna lose control of this House. And I'll be the one knocking down your door.
DeWitt: I hope it doesn't come to that, Mr. Langton.

---

[Echo injects herself with the neural link.]
Anthony: Ah! We just got company. A whole lot.
Priya: I don't see any others.
Anthony: Echo. She's inside.

---

[Echo sees a squad of soldiers coming for her.]
Echo: Only four? I'm hurt.

---

Echo: Out.
Priya: We're in the middle of the desert.
Echo: I don't have to explain it to you. Take her and go.
Priya: Um, guys, we all don't have radios in our head.
Echo: I can't take you back to the Dollhouse. You have your original personalities. You've found each other. You should leave. Start your life together now. There's no reason to wait until I free everyone else. There are GPS strips implanted in your bodies. Find them, cut them out.
Priya: No. You need our help.
Anthony: She's not gonna change her mind.
Echo: There's enough traffic on the main road. Someone will pick you up. I don't need thanks. I don't need goodbyes.
Priya: Can you do us a favor and look us up after you get everyone out?
Echo: If I get everyone out you'll have to look me up. Caroline Far—
[The disruptor knocks them out.]

---

Boyd: You can't do this to her!
DeWitt: You know, Mr. Langton, sometimes I think you were the one bonded to Echo, not the other way around.
Boyd: This is gonna blow up in all our faces!

---

DeWitt: All of Rossum is chattering about how you single-handedly defeated an entire army. Harding was so impressed by your performance that he's devising ways to turn you into a weapon.
Echo: Guess we know whose side you came down on.
DeWitt: I told him that you're far too dangerous. There's no way to control you.
Echo: But you're still gonna hand me over to him.
DeWitt: No. You've disrupted countless engagements, brought Alpha into my House, decieved me, with the help of Paul Ballard, dragged Topher and Boyd into the fun, and now Victor and Sierra. You leave a wake of destruction wherever you go. There is only one place for a doll as irreparably damaged as you.
Echo: The Attic.
DeWitt: They say it's whatever hell you imagine. But I think it's something far worse.

---

Ivy: She shouldn't be able to do that.
Topher: Welcome to the conspiracy.
Ivy: Can I go back to getting you juice boxes?