Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2011, 09:37 AM
Banned

WTF? You kidding me right? it'll be really weird seeing her as Leo's Lover when she's like much much older than her.

Madonna is the worst actress ever IMO, she would just ruined that beautiful love story.

Quote:
Let’s talk casting. You looked at every young actress for your lead character Rose. Why Kate Winslet?
James Cameron: I resisted Kate when she was initially suggested. I said, She does period movies, I don’t want that. I want to be able to take the audience through that barrier with somebody new. Kate auditioned on film and it was a very simple decision. I realized she was just about the most talented actor around for her age.

Were you a Leonardo DiCaprio fan?
James Cameron: The only thing I’d ever seen him in was What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. He wasn’t that hot yet; Romeo & Juliet was still in production. He was just this charming guy with the ability to walk in and win a room—which was one of the fundamental things about the character, Jack. So then I had to assess how committed he would be and how his acting was. I asked him to read with Kate. He did something that just rubbed me the wrong way: he sat there smoking a cigarette, slouching, as if the whole thing was too much trouble. I didn’t think he was paying attention. Then he gets up there and he does the scene. And it was like, boom, I saw it. He’s the guy. It was only for a second. It’s like you see a UFO through the trees and try to tell somebody and they think you’re high. I ran downstairs and said, He’s the guy. And they went, Well, where’s the tape? [But] Leonardo wouldn’t let himself be taped, so it was like a Sasquatch sighting. Then I had to sell him to the studio. They were pretty lukewarm, I have to say. Then Leo decided he didn’t want to do it. It wasn’t quirky enough for him. He wanted, I don’t know, warts or a hump or a cocaine addiction. I said, No, that’s not the guy. He’s like a Jimmy Stewart character, pure of heart. Then, there was a moment the lightbulb went on for Leo, and he realized that that would be a really hard thing to make great.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:51 AM
Master Fan

Ι΄m afraid I'm not. But thank God she wasn't Rose! She couldn't be! That was Kate's part, and thank God Jim rejected her!

Laurelle's Titanic Fanfic