Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes, that's why I know I will love it.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it'll be great. I've always to see Kate in a movie with Marion, ever since Marion said all those things about Kate during the year she won her Oscar.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think it'll be great. I've always to see Kate in a movie with Marion, ever since Marion said all those things about Kate during the year she won her Oscar.
Aww, that's nice. What did she say?

I'm looking at the Contagion cast list and it seems Kate and Marion are both playing doctors.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't remember exactly, but she had nice comments about Kate at the Oscars. Also, I remember an article from UK Times where a journalist attended a screening of The Reader, and they said Marion was also in attendance. When she got to meet Kate, she was very moved and Kate was very nice to her.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

I did find this :

Quote:
The relate factor She’s a girl’s girl. We guessed this, and then, at a screening of The Reader, Marion Cotillard broke down when she was introduced to the star — and Kate couldn’t have been sweeter. I saw it all and can vouch that she has the best-friend factor. You need to be a woman who likes women in 2009, more than ever.
And speaking of:

Old 02-27-2011, 07:43 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting that. Marion sounds like such a sweet person.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

She seems cool and they both look beautiful there.

We need more 'Contagion' news!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

We do need more news. I do hope Kate and Marion have scenes together in this film
Old 03-04-2011, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Since they play both doctors, I believe, there is a good change they'll have scenes.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
“Contagion” footage at CinemaCon is “Outbreak” meets “Children of Men”

We got a look at Steven Soderbergh’s new thriller Contagion while at CinemaCon, and the film seems like a mashup of Outbreak and Children of Men — which is a good combination in our book.

During CinemaCon, Warner Bros. showed off bits and pieces of their upcoming slate of films before showcasing their summer blockbusters. Steven Soderbergh’s Contagion hit the screen long enough to give us a sense of exactly what audiences are in for when this film hits theaters October 21st.

The first thoughts that went through my head after Contagion flew by in the midst of an epic sizzle reel of upcoming movies was Outbreak. One of the best viral outbreak films (zombie apocalypses excluded) in recent memory, this footage had that “government-perspective” to it. But it also showcased a Kate Winslet voiceover and some more personal images that suggest a more emotional movie. The best way to describe the footage is the fear and intensity of Outbreak mashed with the globalization and realism of Children of Men.

It was pretty epic, but felt like half a trailer. Hopefully this means a trailer is on its way, but one guarantee is that the film’s scope is huge. It was shot in Hong Kong, Minneapolis, Chicago, China, Dubai, Japan, Switzerland, The United Kingdom, Brazil, Russia and Malaysia and includes a cast of Matt Damon, Marion Cotillard, Jude Law, Kate Winslet, Laurence Fishburne and Gwyneth Paltrow. Given the recent news of Steven Soderbergh’s impending retirement from directing, he clearly isn’t going out quietly.

To recap the footage shown at CinemaCon, it was mostly quick flashes of each of the major characters in their respective elements — Jude Law in a full-body containment suit strutting down a trashed and deserted city street and Matt Damon walking around a house as if something terrifying is right around the corner.

The standout image, though, was a sick Kate Winslet on a hotel room bed asking somebody on the phone for a list of everybody who was in the room over the last 24 hours. There were some shots of a spreading pandemic, maps of infected areas, as well as soldiers patrolling the streets. Overall, it was epic and had a massive scale about it. Winslet’s phone call acted as a voice over and shined a light on the rapid rate at which the infected were dying — this movie will surely be a race against the clock.

Soderbergh has dealt with large-scale films before, but never in the way this footage depicted. With Traffic and Ocean’s Eleven, he displayed a lot of action taking place in different areas all at once, and made it exciting and entertaining. When the intensity of a global outbreak creates an even more gripping scenario at its core, it should be interesting to see how personal Soderbergh can get with it. His specialty seems to be making each character an individual, while existing within an ensemble.

Needless to say, the footage had many people excited to see more. While the film is still a ways away, a trailer should be on the horizon and more information will soon follow.

Contagion is slated to hit theaters on October 21st, 2011.
Kate Winslet Fan|Your #1 resource for everything Ms. Winslet
Old 04-05-2011, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, a trailer soon. I can't wait.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

I'm excited. can't wait to see the trailer
Old 04-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Supreme Fan

wow surprised there is a trailer so soon-October feels forever away looking forward to it though

thanks for the article Fatima
Old 04-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for that link! I haven't seen 'Outbreak' but I did enjoy 'Children of Men'.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

I haven't seen either of those films but I'm really looking forward to this one. I hope it's going to be great