Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2009, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

TTSCC News Thread #2: Because we're awaiting our very own Judgement Day

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles News Thread

A place to share news bits about the show or the actors on TSCC.

Recent news:
Quote:
Sarah Connor (Lena Headey), "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles": Talk about a kick-butt mom. Sarah has taken on the awesome responsibility of protecting a son who is destined to become the savior of humanity. She goes about her duties with a fierce determination and tireless power and strength.
Forget the pearls and cookies | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Quote:
Television: Fox looks for laughs this fall

We're now one week away from the broadcast network "upfronts" - when they present their new fall shows to advertisers and media - a do-over of sorts that gives everyone involved a false sense of hope. On Friday, we took a look at NBC's pilots and prognosis. Here's Fox:

Network overview: Only Fox and CBS did well this season, developing new hits and riding a Nielsens-rating wave. Fox turned "Fringe" and "Lie to Me" into hits. The network will be looking to capitalize on its newfound ability to churn out CBS-like dramas, but it desperately needs some comedy hits, an ongoing weakness at the network.

Returning series: "24," "The Simpsons," "House," "Lie to Me," "Family Guy," "American Dad," "Fringe," "Glee" (premieres May 19 for one episode only, then returns next season) and "Til Death," even though the latter series seems to be (joyfully) forgotten. Obviously, "American Idol" and a bin full of reality shows will return, but this is only about scripted shows.

Canceled series: "Do Not Disturb," "Prison Break" and "King of the Hill" are ending their runs.

Shows still "on the bubble" and yet to be renewed: "Bones," "Dollhouse," "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," "Sit Down, Shut Up." Fox is taking a good look at the seven comedy and five drama pilots it has in development before making what looks to be the two most difficult decisions here - "Bones" and "Dollhouse." The first has been a steady if unspectacular performer and the latter was a disappointment that showed signs of life late in the run. The question for Fox is whether it can find a sci-fi styled match for "Dollhouse" or not. Everything else looks dead.

Pilots in play for the 2009-10 season: Dramas include "Eva Adams," about a womanizing jerk who is "transformed" into a woman and then suffers all the jerkish behavior he once doled out, and "Human Target," based on the DC Comics story about a guy who assumes the identities of his clients who are in trouble (and by that we mean someone is trying to hurt them badly). Mark Valley, Jackie Earle Haley and Chi McBride star; it's considered a red-hot contender to get picked up. "Maggie Hill," featuring Alfre Woodard, is about a brilliant female surgeon who develops schizophrenia. "Masterwork" is a thriller about tracking down and recovering works of art and artifacts. (Think "National Treasure.") The final drama is "The Reincarnationist" - yep - about a team of investigators who solve your current woes by figuring out what you did in a past life.

Of the dramas, look for "Human Target" and "Maggie Hill" to get the green light - but like any upfront, there's plenty of intangibles in play.

The Fox comedy pilots include "AbFab," the long-awaited remake of "Absolutely Fabulous" from England. This version has the backing of original creator and star Jennifer Saunders as well as Mitch Hurwitz (creator of "Arrested Development" and a very busy man this pilot season). "Brothers" is about a retired football player who returns home to connect with his family, particularly his younger brother who is in a wheelchair. Former football player Michael Strahan, Daryl "Chill" Mitchell, CCH Pounder and Carl Weathers make up the cast. It's executive-produced by Hurwitz.

Anybody up for a halfway house devoted to psychologically damaged Philly cops? That's the premise of "Cop House," another comedy contender. "Sons Of Tucson" revolves around three rich brothers who hire a con man to act as their dad while their real dad serves time in jail on a white-collar crime. "The Station" is like "The Office" except it's about covert CIA agents in South America. Hmmmm. "Two Dollar Beer" is about an extended family in Detroit pummeled by the economy but refusing to leave behind their roots. And "Walorsky," about an ex-cop turned security guard (is there something in the air about rent-a-cops?) whose slacker ways patrolling the mall are tested by a new partner. Like "The Station," this is considered a late pilot - it won't be filmed until June - so neither are candidates for the fall but could be picked up for midseason.

Although this time of year spawns a lot of rumors about certain pilots having more juice than others, that's mostly a back-channel game of spin conducted by agents trying to get their clients a full-time job. Nobody except the network suits really knows which pilots will get picked up - and which current series will be canceled, for that matter - and those decisions sometimes come down to the very last minute.

But "AbFab" and "Brothers" certainly have to be considered solid candidates for pickup.

Final spin: With limited availability on the schedule, there could be one or two surprises in the cancellation department (including the potential survival of "Dollhouse"). Based on the success of "Fringe" and "Lie to Me," there's no pressing need to green-light a lot of dramas (maybe two). Fox has already given a two-season commitment to a "Family Guy" spin-off series, "The Cleveland Show," but it wouldn't be surprising to see a handful of sitcoms getting picked up and put on the bench.
Television: Fox looks for laughs this fall

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 05-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Absolute Fan

TFTNT Kem

Old 05-11-2009, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

7 days left untill Jugment day... There hasn't been that many articles about tscc lately, maby everybody's just waiting to hear the news now, theres nothing left to say. I could use a good, positive article right about now...
Old 05-11-2009, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're welcome chicq!

Ya, the amount of articles has been slowing down. At this point, if it's negative I don't even want to hear it. I don't even want to know, I only want to hear positive.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 05-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT
Old 05-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
Ya, the amount of articles has been slowing down. At this point, if it's negative I don't even want to hear it. I don't even want to know, I only want to hear positive.
I'm with you there, only positive info please! I get too depressed everytime I read something that predicts the show doomed. But seriously, shouldn't E! do something, or was that interview with Josh all they are going to do? Maby promote it a little more, we did win that poll. I was expecting little more from them.

Adding these, old, but I haven't seen them before Save These Shows: Seven Endangered Series We Hope Will Survive

And this What TV networks should pick up for another season and pick off and cancel

Last edited by Soleya; 05-11-2009 at 09:20 AM
Old 05-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Total Fan

TFNT i still love the title

Old 05-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the new thread and I also love the title.

-Lisa-
Old 05-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

3 Ways You’re Still Watching Star Trek

3. Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles is a ctrl + alt + c of….

Quote:
TNG Season 4 Episode 25 ‘In Theory’

The problem with having android characters in TV is that people invariably want to have sex with them. In ‘In Theory’ Data decides to investigate the affection thing so beloved of strange and squishy humans by dating one of them. Data’s hit and miss attempts to understand the mind**** that goes with dating a human female is a little heartbreaking, especially when he gets dumped and simply deletes his dating programme. If only it were that simple….

Cameron is a terminator charged with protecting John Connor, and is played by sweet little Summer Glau who consistently kicks everything’s ass in everything she’s in. Of course, Cameron is a robot who has to deal with human emotions and our whacky ways, which leads to all kinds of hijinks. She copies human emotions without really understanding them, as Data does in ‘In Theory’, which leads to the occasional giggle and the occasional “whoah, that’s disturbing”. While she’s not yet as emotionally developed as Data the opportunity to see what happens when you stick Little Miss Asskick with human feelings is surely something that won’t be passed up should TSCC make it back for season 3.

Thief!

Cameron shows a particular passion for dancing, having a ballet lesson in the episode ‘The Demon Hand’. Data had lessons from Dr Beverly Crusher in preparation for Keiko’s wedding in ‘Data’s Day’.
END OF SHOW 3 Ways You’re Still Watching Star Trek

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 05-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Terminator, Heroes & Dollhouse! Well that article certainly covers my viewing habits!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread!

Lovin the title!

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 05-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Master Fan

Thought Id swing by and post this

Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Nice little reminders about still sending emails, ect...with just under a week to go

"If I hadn't gone into acting, I would be a horsetrainer or a tunnel digger...or a swan"

DEATHtoNORMALCY | VOTEforMISHA
Old 05-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for the new thread!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I know I've been writing several emails to both FOX and WB to save Tscc. And I'm going to continue to do that. I feel better knowing I can do something concrete to support the show instead of just sitting and worrying about the slowly approaching monday.

Oh, there's a new poll we can vote for Tscc here Which Bubble Show Should Be Saved? - Inside TV Blog
Old 05-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

'Terminator'
60% 864

'Chuck'
13% 193
'Without a Trace'
10% 129
'Life'
7% 103
'Dollhouse'
5% 67
'Samantha Who?'
4% 55
'Reaper'
1% 20

Voted! Awww, look at the results. Clear winner so far!

I'm glad you guys like the title

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)