Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Say Goodbye to Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Board (Closing Sunday Sept. 9th)

Hey guys,

This was not an easy decision for us to make. We love T:tSCC board greatly as well as all of you and it's been so much fun for us to run this board for three years. It's the only active TSCC board that we know of. I'm (Kem) sorry to do this but the time required to devote to the board would have been very difficult for me throughout the next year. It would be unfair to have Soleya by herself modding the board and trying to meet count requirements, especially since the count has been less and less recently. With that said, we have decided to close the board. Thank you so much to posters past and present for making this board what it is today. The show only had 31 episodes, two season but we managed to keep the board open for three years (and over 226,000 posts!) and I think that's an incredible accomplishment. I've been here since the very first day and I think it's best we go out on our power.

If you want to talk about TSCC, there's a thread at Sci-Fi board and we'll make sure to be there from time to time. We hope you all understand and again, thank you for being part of this community.

No fate.

- Kem & Soleya

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 09-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aw, this is so sad. But I completely understand why you guys are doing this.

It really is such an accomplishment how hard you girls have worked for this board.

I always say.. it may be gone, but never forgotten!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sad to hear the board is closing but I understand. I agree Jen this board may be gone soon but it will not be forgotten! I will still by the scifi thread for the show!

Good luck with everything Kem & Soleya!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's from a different part of the franchise, but it seems to suit the moment:

Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I want to make a really good speech for this board, I just don't know how. Just... anyone who knows me at all knows what TSCC means to me. I can't put it in words, those are never going to be enough. This board has been in my life for over 3 years, I can't imagine life without it. It will take me a long time to not try and come here to post everyday. I fought for this show for so long, for years. I've given it so much of my time and so much of me. This board was part of that fight, keeping it alive meant keeping the show alive. But I guess in life eventually you have to move on. And the time has come for us to let go of this board.
I wish I had been able to think about this more, I'm sure I'm missing half the things I want to say. This really isn't easy at all, it breaks my heart to lose this board. Thank you for 3 amazing years. No Fate But What We Make For Ourselves.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:25 PM
Moderator Support Team

They'll be back.

Somewhere.

Old 09-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

EDITED (SEPTEMBER 5 2012)

Thank you guys so much for allowing me to post my fan art here. It meant a lot to me, really. <3 <3

I love the Sarah Connor Chronicles probably more than any other show, but since I couldn't write a decent fan fiction story, I tried instead to make "fan pictures" on my computer. I hope I contributed in some small way to Sarah Connor Chronicles fandom.

Anyway, this place truly was THE Sarah Connor Chronicles board.

The simple fact that it lasted so long after the show was canceled is evidence of that. I'm sad to see the forum go. But I'll always remember the last 9 months I spent visiting here and posting fan art. Thanks for being gracious enough to allow me to post them. I never created that much "art" in my life, I guess this show just touched a chord with me or something.

I will sort of feel empty knowing this board isn't around. Damn. Who else can I share my love of this show with?

There will NEVER be another show like it.

In the last words of captain kirk, "It Was Fun."

Peace.

Last edited by Aaron82; 09-05-2012 at 01:07 AM
Old 09-04-2012, 07:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

I'm so sorry you guy have to close this board to be honest you fought really hard forit and you did really well seeing as it was such a short ,lived show yet you guy made it live on .. You made the actors , creator and the tv show proud well done guys ..
Old 09-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

-= Jameron Forever =-

Last edited by Aaron82; 09-05-2012 at 12:15 AM
Old 09-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww, sorry to hear you're closing the board down.

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 09-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww Aaron Thanks for the arts they're lovely! You definitely did contribute to the fandom - we all really did.

And thank you so much S, Jen, Quin, Petra and Cee Cee for stop by it means a lot.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 09-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I didn't think so many would come, it's nice.

Love the arts Aaron, all of them.

JAMERON FOREVER!
Old 09-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG KEM & SOLEYA! I completely understand why you two are doing this, it's heartbreaking but ICA.

This board is amazing, I';m so happy to have been a part of it and know everyone here, especially you two! you';ve done the best you can and now it's time to say goodbye to our Journey here, It may be gone but it will NEVER be forgotten!

I LOVE YOU BOTH.
together.” || adam conantcassie blake

Sara | tumblr
Old 09-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you for being amazing mods Soleya & Kem

Icon Credit: my beating heart
Old 09-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

The board is closing? That is so sad, though I understand the decision. You two are amazing mods and you guys did so much for this board.