Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-22-2009, 03:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jonathan Jackson/Kyle Reese #2: "He came across time to protect me.He died fighting the machines - he was a hero" - JC

Kyle Reese

Kyle Reese (DN-38416) was a soldier in the post-apocalyptic future of the Terminator universe, where most of humanity had been wiped out in a nuclear Third World War, sparked off by an artificial intelligence entity known as Skynet. The sentient computer system launched another, genocidal, war on the survivors of the war between the Eastern Bloc and the West. Reese, born after the first war, was one of the last remaining humans who achieved victory over the machines.

Reese survived the capture and killing of his fellow humans only to serve as a Sonderkommando in one of Skynet's concentration camps, where he and others were forced to load huge numbers of bodies into Skynet's furnaces to be incinerated. Reese's freedom would come when a resistance movement, led by John Connor (whom ironically Reese says to Sarah he "would die for" before first unknowingly fathering and then sacrificing himself for.), freed him and the others from Skynet. After the camps Reese served in the 132nd under Perry from 2021 to 2027 before transferring as a sergeant to Tech-Com under John Connor himself. John Connor and the resistance would eventually rally enough remaining humans and resources to launch an assault on Skynet.

Reese volunteered as the officer that would take out a counter-attack, also being sent to 1984 to protect Connor's mother. While doing so, the two formed a relationship and Sarah Connor was impregnated. After Connor was conceived, Reese and Sarah were able to destroy the Terminator, though Reese was killed in the process.

The final assault would eventually allow the human resistance to cripple Skynet. The resistance was able to destroy Skynet's defense grid allowing them to enter Skynet's main complex and attempt to destroy it. Skynet however would have a final move left: Skynet would send one of its most feared machines back (the

Terminator) to 1984 to kill the young Sarah Connor, known to have been the mother of resistance leader John Connor, and thus prevent the birth of Connor and his future rebellion.

Realizing what Skynet was attempting to do, John Connor would send back a soldier to protect himself from the machine menace. It would be Reese who would volunteer himself to go back. Once Reese had gone through, the time travel equipment would be destroyed leaving only Reese and the Terminator in 1984.

Arriving unarmed and not knowing what the Terminator looks like in its disguise, Reese locates Sarah Connor, warning her of the impending doom of the human race and of the future significance carried by her and her unborn son. Though initially hostile towards Reese, Sarah grows to trust and love him as he becomes the only thing between her and the Terminator. On the run from the Terminator, Reese and Sarah share a night of intimacy in which John Connor is conceived.

Reese's life however is cut short when both he and Sarah are forced to confront the Terminator. Reese is killed by his own pipe-bomb while attempting to destroy the Terminator, which is only damaged (losing its lower limbs).

Having grown up in the future where the machines had all but wiped out the human race, Reese is both physically and mentally hardened.His body is scarred from numerous battles with Skynet and he has a number of burns as a result of the time travel process.

Though hard and battle weary, Reese had a love for Sarah Connor, a woman whom he'd never met and only through a photo could identify.The affection Reese felt for Sarah was based on the legend that surrounded her and on the image of her from the photograph given to him by John Connor.

Jonathan Jackson

Jonathan Jackson was born in 1982 and grew up in Washington state with his older brother Richard Lee and his older sister Candice. His father, Rick Lee was a doctor and his mother was a homemaker and office manager. After a family trip to Universal Studios when Jonathan was 9, he and his brother both got bitten by the acting bug. His parents decided to let their sons try their luck in acting for 6 months, and so Jonathan and Richard moved down to Los Angeles with their mother while Rick Lee stayed back in Washington with Candice. Within a few months, Jonathan landed a contract role on the soap opera "General Hospital" as Luke and Laura's son, Lucky Spencer. He stayed on the soap opera for 6 years as the original Lucky, garnering 6 Daytime Emmy nominations and 3 Daytime Emmys for Younger Actor along the way. While shooting the soap, Jackson also made 5 movies. His film debut was with Christopher Lloyd in 1994's "Camp Nowhere." He also made two TV movies, "The Legend of the Ruby Silver" and "Prisoner of Zenda, Inc" in 1996. In 1997 he took time from the soap to shoot what would become his breakthrough film role as Michelle Pfeiffer's troubled son Vincent in "The Deep End of the Ocean." In 1998, he filmed several episodes for the ABC series "Boy Meets World." In 1999, he again took a short break from GH to film a supporting role in the independent film "True Rights."

After leaving the soap in 1999, Jackson was cast in a variety of films. At one point, he was considered the favorite to play Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars films. He has played son to Sissy Spacek, William Hurt, Treat Williams, JoBeth Williams, Barbara Hershey and Judy Davis, and romantic interest to Alexis Bledel, Carly Pope, Erika Christensen, Romolai Garai and Agnes Bruckner. He has also played brother to Brian Austin Green and best friend to Cillian Murphy and Nick Stahl, and has also shared the screen with Al Pacino, David Arquette and Ben Kingsley. He was also cast in Walden Media's "The Dark is Rising" but his scenes were cut before the film was released.

Jackson's other abiding passion has been his music. He has been the lead singer and guitarist in a number of bands, most recently for Enation. Jonathan first sang his own work on "General Hospital" and his music has since been featured in a number of his movies.

Supporters:

1. B.Chambers
2. xlennie
3. Starfield_Scribe
4. Guinevere
5. CJG18
6. lisagslack14
7. xxstACEyxx
8. Lady_Lee
9. DiagonalZipper
10. Ghost.Of.You
11. Calgaryfan2006
12. naturellebella
13. Astra
14. funfuzgirlstalkermagnet

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)

Last edited by naturellebella; 05-22-2009 at 04:05 PM
Old 05-22-2009, 08:31 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread dear!

I the banner! And it's a great OP

There's a pic that's not working though...
Old 05-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

YW & Fixed!

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 05-22-2009, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

Yay! And it's such a great pic too
Old 05-22-2009, 09:39 AM
Supreme Fan

We have an OP!

TFTNT!
icon by ℓυριтα
Old 05-22-2009, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

I know, it's great, isn't it?D

(Kembeans, can you change my name in the list? )
Old 05-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfield_Scribe (View Post)
I know, it's great, isn't it?D

(Kembeans, can you change my name in the list? )
Done!

I want more Kyle Reese! I'm in the middle of watching To the Lighthouse (it's been paused since before I took my nap ) but I think afterward I might watch some Dungeons and Dragons.

Villanelleღ

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 05-22-2009, 04:17 PM
Elite Fan

Awww, sweet Love seeing him with the picture, it's like... awww, call back
Old 05-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread!!!

I just LOVE our OP!

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 05-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the new thread and I love the title

-Lisa-
Old 05-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

How did you feel about the introduction of Kyle Reese?

How did you like Jonathan in the role, especially if you're familiar with Michael's portrayal?

Ta-da! discussion, go!
Old 05-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved Jonathan in this role, I just wish we got more of him
Old 05-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

I thought you guys might get a kick out of this--did you know JJ did a movie with Linda Hamilton a few years back?

Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor in a little independent movie called "Skeletons in the Closet" from 2000:

Caps from here:
Skeletons in the Closet (2000)

It's a really good movie--and Jonathan's character totally hits on Linda's character
Old 05-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Elite Fan

OMG, twisty! Thanks for that!