Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-01-2009, 10:35 AM
Total Fan

References (Pop Culture) #1: Mary Kay Letourneau? Is she a friend of yours?

Stumped on a pop culture reference made on the show? Ask about it here!
A storm approaches. It's still over the horizon, but there is lightening in the air. Are either of them aware of the gathering turbulence? Can they feel that crackle of electricity in the wind, or are they aware of only the power they generate between themselves?
Everything Happens Eventually
Old 03-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Extreme Fan

I love all the pop culture references they make on the show. I'm a bit of a political junkie, so all the references like "the economic crash that Nancy Pelosi caused" and "there's an 80% chance I'll tell all my friends I'm voting for Barack Obama, but then I'll actually vote for John McCain" make me laugh. What I found really funny about the second one was that they made that joke before either Obama or McCain were really in the running for the November election. 30 Rock predicted what it took the analysts about a year longer to predict.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Total Fan

I love the political references as well. I really loved when Jack was "dating" Condolezza Rice, I thought that was so funny
A storm approaches. It's still over the horizon, but there is lightening in the air. Are either of them aware of the gathering turbulence? Can they feel that crackle of electricity in the wind, or are they aware of only the power they generate between themselves?
Everything Happens Eventually
Old 03-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Absolute Fan

Love all of the political references too and Jack dating Condy Rice was hilarious - love all of their phone conversations

I have to say though, I do love the ref in the thread title. Poor, young, clueless Jamie