Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 05:30 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

So I finally watched the episode and I liked it. I thought it was a solid pilot, I really liked the medical cases that Alex and Joel handled and they were able to give us a taste of how things are between Alex and Charlie and between Alex and Joel.

I'm excited to find out more about Alex's background and how she got here. And of course the relationships she has with Charlie and Joel and how they got to where they are now. It'll also be interesting to see how things are going to go with Charlie trying to contact Alex somehow.

I'm liking Joel. I think he's changed since he and Alex broke up because during their argument in the office she told he's a lot of things but he's not nice, which was an added reason why she shot him down. And from what we saw of his interactions with Alex and the tumor patient, maybe things changed. And I liked that he followed his instincts and didn't go through with the surgery.

Quote:
I find it interesting that Alex and Joel both wanted to save the arm though, that can't just be a minor detail to have in the pilot.
Yeah I thought that was interesting. And I think they set Charlie up to be a surgeon who never questioned himself before (that case being an example) but this experience might cause that to change.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 06-12-2012, 07:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by now.it.all.begins (View Post)
Lynn? I think you mean Maggie right? She's the one with the short hair who paged her for help and told her she looked beautiful when she was going to get married.

Aww yeah that was nice and I liked that Alex was there when the bf decided to keep the baby.
I think you are right I still have to learn their names *LOL* the one who keeps paging Alex for anything.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

^Lol yeah that one's Maggie, apparently she's still got a lot to learn.

Ray, yeah I got the feeling that Alex and Joel have a very complicated relationship/history and I felt that their earlier scene kind of softened the blow for the audience wrt how harsh Alex was to Joel in their scene in her office.

ITA that they set up Charlie as a very self-assured, somewhat cocky surgeon, but I also think that he's the kind of person to play things safe as opposed to Joel who's more willing to take risks.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 06-13-2012, 02:29 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I liked how Alex was obviously getting irritated by the constant paging but she dealt with it professionally and calmly told Maggie what to do instead of paging her every time.

Yeah the earlier scene showed that Alex wasn't just being difficult for nothing. They were getting along perfectly well until the stress got to her.

And about Charlie, yeah exactly. That was kind of shown with his lecture in the beginning and him talking about percentages for survival rates after each kind of surgery

| ray
Old 06-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yes exactly...another short little character thing that they did that I liked was when Charlie called on Dr. Reycraft (Tom) to answer his question and he didn't respond fast enough so he went straight to Alex. I think that was supposed to set up their dynamic and show that Tom feels like he's always being passed over in favour of Alex, b/c from reading his character description on CTV it looks like he's going to use Alex' distraction over Charlie to try and get her job.
Rachel
Old 06-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Elite Fan

Well, I just saw the pilot and wasn't that sold on the premise or the characters just yet...Although, I might end up liking Joel the most because he seems like there was more to him that meets the eye. Erica was amazing of course. She never fails to impress me.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww well medical dramas aren't for everyone. You're going to watch a couple more eps before you decided whether to keep watching or not right?

ETA: I'm watching the pilot again and I think it's better the second time you watch it. I liked the Melanda/Alex scene a lot more now and I noticed that Melanda pats Alex on the leg when she tells her to suit up and she only does that b/c Alex tells her that everyone's been telling her to go home and she knows that Alex doesn't want to do that b/c everyone she cares about is at the hospital.
Rachel

Last edited by now.it.all.begins; 06-14-2012 at 02:12 PM
Old 06-19-2012, 03:15 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I'm really not the biggest fan of medical dramas. Same goes for cop and lawyer shows. They tend to get repetitive and they all blend together...However, I am going to give this show another shot. I have the newest episode downloaded and will watch it soon.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Hope you get more into it Jill.

Quote:
ETA: I'm watching the pilot again and I think it's better the second time you watch it. I liked the Melanda/Alex scene a lot more now and I noticed that Melanda pats Alex on the leg when she tells her to suit up and she only does that b/c Alex tells her that everyone's been telling her to go home and she knows that Alex doesn't want to do that b/c everyone she cares about is at the hospital.
Yeah I noticed that too. I like that she wasn't just seeing things for the sake of saying them. She knew Alex wasn't going to feel better if she goes home so she tells her to go back to work and maybe that will help. It's an interesting friendship and hopefully we see lots of it.

| ray
Old 06-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah for sure, I definitely want to see a lot more of Melanda and I hope we get to see her interact with other characters too.
Rachel