Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I think I would have remembered .. that is gorgeous

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 05-21-2013, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

And in any case, no harm posting it again right?
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 05-22-2013, 11:35 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Hee nope, quite the opposite

| ray
Old 05-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

I should post it again on this page so we can enjoy it longer
Rachel
Old 05-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Wouldn't mind that

| ray
Old 05-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Done!

Rachel
Old 05-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Thanks! Gah, so many amazing moments and scenes in this episode The daydream in the beginning, the speech, the glasses bit, the kiss, the rescue ...

| ray
Old 06-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

No wonder this episode is forever one of our top 10 eps both for Clois and for Lois and Clark as individuals. I think my top 10 actually include Homecoming, Finale, Idol, Crossfire, Committed, Apocalypse, Ambush, Icarus, Charade, and Salvation...it's so hard to choose though!
Rachel
Old 06-03-2013, 02:40 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah both were great in this episode. And awesome list, so many great episodes!

| ray
Old 06-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

What does your top 10 look like?
Rachel
Old 07-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sorry for the double post but I watched this ep last night and wanted to post 10 things I loved about it. I'm also inserting images from Vero Geller to make them prettier http://undianormal.livejournal.com/17859.html

1. The opening scene: We get shirtless!Clark, Clark pulling Lois into his arms and telling her he wished they had more time, and then Clois making out? Does it get any better than this??? Or have we ever had a sexier opening scene? I don't think so...well there's Ambush, so I'd say that ties with the opening scene in this episode. As soon as I saw the opening scene in this ep I knew it would be fantastic.

2. Clois in the copy room: Clark shows Lois his glasses, she tries them on and is too cute for words and he says he wishes he could be two people for her...in other words he really wishes he could tell her his secret. Rewatching this after seeing MoS really makes me appreciate the way SV handled the triangle for two and Lois not knowing Clark's secret. In a way it makes sense and works since Lois never sees the face of her rescuer and like I've said before I'm sure she suspects something. They do have their little in jokes with Lois saying things like "you don't have any secrets worthy of the front page" in Disciple, but it works in this case and I have to say it makes a lot more sense than the traditional story with Lois not knowing that Clark is Superman when she works with the man every single day and has intimate contact with both Clark and Superman. I'm really excited to see what MoS does with the sequel with
Spoiler:
. Anyways back to this ep I love Lois kicking over the stack of newspapers and kissing Clark and taking him by surprise, then Clark's worry and fear when Lois passes out in his arms. I have to say that I think that's one of the best cliffies the show has ever done.

3. Lois' speech: So Sacks (Sp?) is calling out the Blur to answer for the blunders made by the Wonder Twins and Clark is debating whether or not to come forward as the Blur b/c he doesn't want his name to be dragged through the mud and ruin all the work he's done and he knows he's representing his father's shield. Chloe's told him that he can't do it b/c then everyone knows who he is and he's going to have to let them call him a menace and you know I can see where she's coming from her (gasp! I know I really must have mellowed), but this shows exactly why she and Clark are not compatible and why Lois and Clark are. Both Lois and Clark have the same morality and the same values and Lois speaks up for the Blur when he can't defend himself. She calls him a light in the darkness and a symbol of hope and she shows Clark that she just gets it. She gets him and she gets what he does and what he stands for and he gives this little smile after she's done her speech and I think he probably just fell a little bit more in love with her.

4. The save: Sacks had his goons throw Lois off the room and it is a miracle that she actually managed to grab onto the flagpole and not go splat immediately. She's handing on for dear life and Clark goes to the bullpen with a smile on his face looking for Lois (although one of the things that does not make sense about this is why Lois would have gone to the roof in the first place b/c you'd think she'd know Clark's handwriting by now and clearly if Sacks put the note there it wouldn't be in Clark's handwriting but anywho) when he hears a commotion and he runs out to join everyone else and sees Lois hanging on the flagpole on the side of the building. He's terrified for her and even though he has a fear of height (does he still have it at this point? I can't remember) he climbs down the side of the building to try and reach her and their fingers almost touch but Lois slips and she has this look of defeat on her face and tells Clark to let her go and it scares the bejesus out of him. She thinks that what he does is more important than her life and he can't risk exposing himself to the cameras, b/c she clearly doesn't realize that she's the most important thing in his life and she doesn't know what happened the last time he lost her. Fortunately the Wonder Twins make themselves useful and Clark is able to save Lois and he runs to hug her and Lois says thank you b/c she's the only one who always says thank you when she knows Clark has saved her, but then Chloe calls as the Blur and Lois is left confounded (and don't get me started on Chloe's BS about how if she hadn't stepped in Lois would know and yadda yadda yadda b/c that's the one part of the ep that truly infuriates me and I've been over this already).

5. Lois in therapy: We had quite a few gems with the scenes of Lois being in therapy like Lois's getting lost in the "skin on skin" stuff that happened in her dreams, Lois saying "it's all your parents fault" to that girl, Lois hugging the shrink and Lois telling her that she just wants to tell Clark it doesn't matter to hurt. Can you believe it? She just found out that the guy she loves has a secret identity and has been keeping it from her for YEARS and her first though isn't even to be upset with him, her first thought is "What can I do for him? How can I make things easier for him?" Lois is ALWAYS putting Clark first and her reactions to learning his secret in Blank, Apocalypse, Idol, Salvation, and Isis always show us why she's meant to be with him. She's the only person who never reacts with fear or apprehension or changes the way she treats Clark b/c of his secret. Lois = awesome sauce forever and ever amen! Anyways, her last therapy session is heartbreaking b/c she's being torn between her feelings for the Blur and her feelings for Clark.

6. The phone call: Lois finally decides to pick up the phone (although again the whole "I need a hero" ringtone while cute doesn't make any sense b/c I'm pretty sure that if she's given him a personal ringtone that should mean she has his number) and Clark tells her that he's not the one who's been messing up and that she should give him another chance and Lois tells him off and he smiles while she does it and it is fantastic! Then the voice modifier cuts out and Lois hears Clark says "You're going to have to trust me" and she knows and is it just me or does his voice sound super sexy there?

7. Sacks: The actor who played him was great, he had the right dose of smarm and sleaze and he was so slick with the way he set up Lois and the Blur. I love Lois quip about calling him Sack-o-phone b/c he likes to blow his own horn and his interaction with Lois on the roof was great. I was really glad that they brought him back in Charade.

8. The therapist: She had a really calming presence and I wish they'd brought her back. I like how she was so cool and collected and took Lois blowing in and out of her office with ease. It was good to see that Lois was in therapy b/c she really, really needed it and they got just the right person for the job.

9. The Wonder Twins: I was very sketchy about them at first but I really liked them when I saw them and I loved the way they squeed over Clark and how they looked up to him and took his words to heart. Yay Clarkie!

10. Lois gets a present: I love her glee when she saw the package in the mailroom and finding out that little bit about her opening her presents and rewrapping them on Christmas and seeing the big ass \S/ on the side of the building.

Wonderful, wonderful ep for Lo and one of my all time faves.
Rachel
Old 05-22-2014, 01:48 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

After a very very very long wait (sorry for that ) my reply xD
Quote:
[img]http://pics.livejournal.com/verogeller/pic/0000wx9h[/img]
[img]http://pics.livejournal.com/verogeller/pic/0000xgtc[/img]

1. The opening scene: We get shirtless!Clark, Clark pulling Lois into his arms and telling her he wished they had more time, and then Clois making out? Does it get any better than this??? Or have we ever had a sexier opening scene? I don't think so...well there's Ambush, so I'd say that ties with the opening scene in this episode. As soon as I saw the opening scene in this ep I knew it would be fantastic.
Perfection in a scene, seriously. Every single bit of it was so beautiful I rewatched it a ridiculous amount of times when the episode aired

Quote:
[img]http://i50.tinypic.com/30l1klh.jpg[/img]

2. Clois in the copy room: Clark shows Lois his glasses, she tries them on and is too cute for words and he says he wishes he could be two people for her...in other words he really wishes he could tell her his secret. Rewatching this after seeing MoS really makes me appreciate the way SV handled the triangle for two and Lois not knowing Clark's secret. In a way it makes sense and works since Lois never sees the face of her rescuer and like I've said before I'm sure she suspects something. They do have their little in jokes with Lois saying things like "you don't have any secrets worthy of the front page" in Disciple, but it works in this case and I have to say it makes a lot more sense than the traditional story with Lois not knowing that Clark is Superman when she works with the man every single day and has intimate contact with both Clark and Superman. I'm really excited to see what MoS does with the sequel with
Spoiler:
. Anyways back to this ep I love Lois kicking over the stack of newspapers and kissing Clark and taking him by surprise, then Clark's worry and fear when Lois passes out in his arms. I have to say that I think that's one of the best cliffies the show has ever done.
Couldn't agree more about how it was for that triangle in SV. One of the things that don't make sense in L&C was that she actually saw both Superman's and Clark's face so her not knowing it's the same person is kinda far-fetched. So yeah, the way the Blur was always in the shadows when he was in Lois' proximity worked perfectly. Anyway, the scene was awesome and full of great little tidbits like the glasses and newspaper. It was a great cliffhanger with Lois passing out

Quote:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/verogeller/smallville/Idol08_1.jpg[/img]
3. Lois' speech: So Sacks (Sp?) is calling out the Blur to answer for the blunders made by the Wonder Twins and Clark is debating whether or not to come forward as the Blur b/c he doesn't want his name to be dragged through the mud and ruin all the work he's done and he knows he's representing his father's shield. Chloe's told him that he can't do it b/c then everyone knows who he is and he's going to have to let them call him a menace and you know I can see where she's coming from her (gasp! I know I really must have mellowed), but this shows exactly why she and Clark are not compatible and why Lois and Clark are. Both Lois and Clark have the same morality and the same values and Lois speaks up for the Blur when he can't defend himself. She calls him a light in the darkness and a symbol of hope and she shows Clark that she just gets it. She gets him and she gets what he does and what he stands for and he gives this little smile after she's done her speech and I think he probably just fell a little bit more in love with her.
She knows him like no one else and knows how to handle the Blur side of his life like no one else. That speech was perfect in so many ways and not only the speech itself but the fact that she got up and gave it because she needs to defend the Blur and she knows he'd want to clear his name. And I fell a in love with her more after that speech so I'm sure it's multiplied for Clark

Quote:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/verogeller/smallville/Idol09.jpg[/img]

4. The save: Sacks had his goons throw Lois off the room and it is a miracle that she actually managed to grab onto the flagpole and not go splat immediately. She's handing on for dear life and Clark goes to the bullpen with a smile on his face looking for Lois (although one of the things that does not make sense about this is why Lois would have gone to the roof in the first place b/c you'd think she'd know Clark's handwriting by now and clearly if Sacks put the note there it wouldn't be in Clark's handwriting but anywho) when he hears a commotion and he runs out to join everyone else and sees Lois hanging on the flagpole on the side of the building. He's terrified for her and even though he has a fear of height (does he still have it at this point? I can't remember) he climbs down the side of the building to try and reach her and their fingers almost touch but Lois slips and she has this look of defeat on her face and tells Clark to let her go and it scares the bejesus out of him. She thinks that what he does is more important than her life and he can't risk exposing himself to the cameras, b/c she clearly doesn't realize that she's the most important thing in his life and she doesn't know what happened the last time he lost her. Fortunately the Wonder Twins make themselves useful and Clark is able to save Lois and he runs to hug her and Lois says thank you b/c she's the only one who always says thank you when she knows Clark has saved her, but then Chloe calls as the Blur and Lois is left confounded (and don't get me started on Chloe's BS about how if she hadn't stepped in Lois would know and yadda yadda yadda b/c that's the one part of the ep that truly infuriates me and I've been over this already).
The handwriting thing doesn't make sense but we can take it as Lois wanting it to be from him that she overlooks the fact that it's not his handwriting. (Kind of like Chris kissing Haley at the masquerade ball and her thinking it's Nathan because she wanted it to be). And yeah her thinking that letting her go would be better for him couldn't be more wrong, not just because that's not how Clark is but because he would lose himself without her. Her always thanking him is something I absolutely love (I watched the bard scene from Harvest the other day and she thanks him there too)

Quote:
5. Lois in therapy: We had quite a few gems with the scenes of Lois being in therapy like Lois's getting lost in the "skin on skin" stuff that happened in her dreams, Lois saying "it's all your parents fault" to that girl, Lois hugging the shrink and Lois telling her that she just wants to tell Clark it doesn't matter to hurt. Can you believe it? She just found out that the guy she loves has a secret identity and has been keeping it from her for YEARS and her first though isn't even to be upset with him, her first thought is "What can I do for him? How can I make things easier for him?" Lois is ALWAYS putting Clark first and her reactions to learning his secret in Blank, Apocalypse, Idol, Salvation, and Isis always show us why she's meant to be with him. She's the only person who never reacts with fear or apprehension or changes the way she treats Clark b/c of his secret. Lois = awesome sauce forever and ever amen! Anyways, her last therapy session is heartbreaking b/c she's being torn between her feelings for the Blur and her feelings for Clark.
That sounds like what she said in Shield, it's always how it affects him or what he needs as opposed to others thinking immediately how it will affect them when they find out. The funny bit were awesome too, Durance is awesome at playing all the scenes at the shrink.

Quote:
[img]http://pics.livejournal.com/verogeller/pic/00012x71[/img]
6. The phone call: Lois finally decides to pick up the phone (although again the whole "I need a hero" ringtone while cute doesn't make any sense b/c I'm pretty sure that if she's given him a personal ringtone that should mean she has his number) and Clark tells her that he's not the one who's been messing up and that she should give him another chance and Lois tells him off and he smiles while she does it and it is fantastic! Then the voice modifier cuts out and Lois hears Clark says "You're going to have to trust me" and she knows and is it just me or does his voice sound super sexy there?
It's either a mishap or people can actually save a contact without knowing their number just as long as they called once Anyway, I loved Clark's smile when she was going off on him, he knows her well and actually enjoys her antics, this time being her calling a superhero out on something he did wrong. And I can't remember if I was spoiled about the voice modifier or not but I do remember I was so excited when that moment happened! Aaand it's not just you about the voice

Quote:
7. Sacks: The actor who played him was great, he had the right dose of smarm and sleaze and he was so slick with the way he set up Lois and the Blur. I love Lois quip about calling him Sack-o-phone b/c he likes to blow his own horn and his interaction with Lois on the roof was great. I was really glad that they brought him back in Charade.
Great casting He fit the "corrupt politician" mold perfectly and had the sleazy smarts to go along with it.

Quote:
8. The therapist: She had a really calming presence and I wish they'd brought her back. I like how she was so cool and collected and took Lois blowing in and out of her office with ease. It was good to see that Lois was in therapy b/c she really, really needed it and they got just the right person for the job.
It wouldn't have made sense for her not to and yeah Lois needed someone like that to be able to keep up with her and she was perfect for it. She understands what people like Lois need when they come into her office.

Quote:
9. The Wonder Twins: I was very sketchy about them at first but I really liked them when I saw them and I loved the way they squeed over Clark and how they looked up to him and took his words to heart. Yay Clarkie!
They were total fans and I loved it. Clark is someone to look up to and eventhough they were a bit misguided at first as to how to follow in his footsteps, it was with good intentions and the way they reacted to him being there and talking to them was very sweet.

Quote:
10. Lois gets a present: I love her glee when she saw the package in the mailroom and finding out that little bit about her opening her presents and rewrapping them on Christmas and seeing the big ass \S/ on the side of the building.
That Christmas story was so Lois See that warranted a Christmas episode to show she still does that And yeah the look on her face seeing that was awesome.

Quote:
Wonderful, wonderful ep for Lo and one of my all time faves.
Still one of mine too

| ray