Passionate Fan

this is what happens when I think about the premiere tomorrow

Karen, love your icon btw
Old 09-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Hee, good to see you here again Amanda; the new season is making us all feel that way

Trisha @ DI

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 09-24-2009, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ray - I love that scene. Actually, I don't think there's a Clois scene I don't like.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Are you sure? There have been some that I haven't been particularly fond of.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
Old 09-25-2009, 03:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Which ones?
Old 09-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

The scene in Doomsday when Clark was giving Lois the cold shoulder, and I wasn't a big fan of the scene in Infamous when Lois was interviewing Clark.
Rachel
Old 09-25-2009, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I quite like the Interview scene. And I understand why you don't like the Failsday one.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

The interview scene didn't sit right with me b/c it felt like Lois kept getting kicked in the teeth. I don't think Lois would have asked "Why am I the first to know?" and then having Clark say that Lana and Chloe already know but not clarifying that he never told them himself and that they found out on their own just made it worse. He could have just said something like, "Lana and Chloe have known for years, but you're the first person I've ever told." And then Lois was doubting herself for not putting the pieces together and Clark just brushed it aside and said the important thing was that she knows now. Couldn't he have tried to comfort her and say something like he's gotten good at keeping his secret, b/c he's had to hide it for years or something? Another thing is, I don't buy it that Lois was that skeptical, knowing Lois, she at least knew that there was something different about Clark.
Rachel
Old 09-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess I hadn't thought about it in that way (Lois getting kicked in the teeth), however Clark has told people before. He told Pete and he sort of told Alicia (showed more than anything) and it seems other Meteor infected people know too. I kind of expected Lois to be more inquisitive about Clark too, sort of like Chloe was. She was always eager to suss Clark out and it seems OOC for what we know about Lois in any incarnation that she hasn't.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Master Fan

The only Clois scene I don't exactly love is the barn scene in Infamous.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that one too. I do feel for Lois because it hurts that Clark won't tell her next time around that he is The Blur but at the same time i see his point, that maybe the fewer people who know the better as they tend to get hurt. But I don't think he explained that to her.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I agree about the interview scene not being one of my favourites, it had a lot of moments in the dialogue that could have gone better.

About the barn scene, it seemed like each of them was having a different conversation. For example, Clark misunderstood what Lois was trying to say about being down the hero road before and how this was different than being with Oliver and he answered with something about the rewind being different.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 09-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

^Yeah I agree Ray, the barn scene was just plain confusing IMO. And Clark didn't necessarily tell Pete/Alicia/the meteor freaks about his powers, he showed them his powers b/c he had no other option. He didn't have to tell Lois his secret and let her write the story.
Rachel
Old 09-27-2009, 03:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's true Rachel - I hadn't thought about it like that. The other times were almost moments of desperation. I hope that when Lois does find out it's not because Clark is forced to tell her or anything, or that she finds out like everyone else did...although I do like how it was handled on TNAoS but then no one else knew.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'd like it if Lois figured it out for herself and it kept it to herself until he was willing to tell her himself. That would be very in character for her given her advice to Chloe in Pariah. Oh and I wouldn't want her dropping a bunch of hints that she knows that something's different with Clark like how Chloe did that in S4 b/c that got old real fast.
Rachel