Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

yea they were fighting and they hit their heads into each other lol
Old 01-07-2012, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Director J.J. Abrams continues to amass a nice list of supporting actors for his next film, the sequel Star Trek 2. Today, it has been announced that former 24 actress Nazneen Contractor has joined the still growing cast.

Nazneen Contractor will play on-screen wife to recently announced Doctor Who star Noel Clarke. Neither character's identity has been revealed, but they are set to play a couple with a young daughter.

Other recent additions to the cast include genre fan favorites Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock) and Peter Weller (Robocop), which hints that J.J. Abrams has been watching a lot of 80s cult movies and the BBC. It is not yet clear how that will influence the upcoming movie.

Star Trek 2 comes to theaters May 17th, 2013 and stars Zoe Saldana, Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Benedict Cumberbatch, Anton Yelchin, Simon Pegg, Karl Urban, John Cho. The film is directed by J.J. Abrams.
Star Trek 2 Adds Nazneen Contractor - MovieWeb.com
Old 01-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 01-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

out of all the recent casting, the only person i know is benedict LOL!
Old 01-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

filming on thursday!
Old 01-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

more casting!

Quote:
With the Star Trek sequel reportedly set to begin filming later this week, there’s been yet another cast addition to the movie. British actor Joseph Gatt, whose face may be familiar to those who saw Thor, has joined the cast of J.J. Abrams’ 3D Star Trek sequel.

The Wrap confirmed the news, stating that Gatt, who played Frost Giant Grundroth in Thor, is set to play a role in the Star Trek sequel, however there are no further details on the part at present. This news follows last week’s update that (also British) actor Benedict Cumberbatch, star of the excellent U.K. TV series Sherlock was also joining the film, likely playing a villain. Despite reports that Cumberbatch will play a villain, the Wrap points out Collider’s recent interview with J.J. Abrams, which has the director possibly teasing otherwise, saying, “Who said he’s our villain?” in response to a question about the actor being cast in the part. The interview also says the film is set to begin shooting this Thursday.

Back to Gatt, in addition to Thor, the actor also appeared in an episode of NBC’s Chuck last year, and he’s done voice-work for video games Star Wars: The Old Republic and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. He was also credited for a role in the David E. Kelley Wonder Woman pilot, which was passed over by NBC.
Thor's Joseph Gatt Joins The Cast Of Star Trek 2 - CinemaBlend.com
Old 01-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea.. so far i only know benedict and alive eve
Old 01-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

and more brits seem to be part of the movie lol
Old 01-14-2012, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 01-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

the guys think they are all cool with their sunglasses haha
Old 01-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I love his belt!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Zach was referenced on last night's the big bang theory.

"Live long and suck it Zachary Quinto" - sheldon
Old 01-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

huh? In what context was that said?
Old 01-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

i havent watched it yet.. but sheldon and them all hate the star trek reboot LOL!

leonard said "He was pretty badass on Heroes"

ETA: here i reblogged the gifs on my tumblr

http://xxelectrichearts.tumblr.com/p...-sheldon#notes

http://xxelectrichearts.tumblr.com/p...g-theory#notes

Last edited by ElectricHearts; 01-20-2012 at 01:28 PM
Old 01-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

so zach knew about it

Quote:
CBS’ The Big Bang Theory took aim at two lofty targets this week: J.J. Abrams’ blockbuster Star Trek movie franchise, and American Idol. TVLine spoke with series cocreator Bill Prady about boldly going so far as to tell Spock to “Suck it” and how it felt to play David to reality-TV’s Goliath in the ratings.

Bookending Big Bang‘s 100th episode was a scene in which Sheldon receives in the mail a life-size cardboard cut-out of Mr. Spock — except instead of the Leonard Nimoy version he ordered, he was wrongly sent the new, Zachary Quinto incarnation. And as the persnickety geek will do, he was quite verbal with his displeasure. Prady, speaking with us on the red carpet at Saturday night’s Producers Guild Awards, shared the legal trek he braved to make that moment happen:

In order to use that prop, which is a cardboard cutout of Spock [as seen] in the new movie series, you needed three approvals. You needed Paramount [Pictures], and you had to get Zach to approve it and you had to get J.J. Abrams to approve it…. The problem is we wanted to say, “Suck it. Zachary Quinto.” Normally when you send something out [for approval] you send the pages, and we’re going, “Are they going to like this?” So we called Zachary’s agent, we called Paramount, and we call J.J.’s office. I [told them], “We need to, at some point, let Sheldon begin accepting there is a new Spock in the world, and we’re going to have him start by not liking it at all. So if you’re game, and you let us use it, we will begin the process of him coming to grips with Zachary Quinto as Spock.” And we got a message back immediately from Zach and J.J. saying they loved the idea.

Might Quinto have loved the idea enough to one day cameo as himself à la Star Trek: The Next Generation alum Wil Wheaton, who in the Big Bang universe draws similar disapproval from Sheldon? Says Prady: “We would love for all famous people that we like to be on the show. Always.”

Turning to the memorable episode’s Nielsen numbers — Big Bang this Thursday drew a 5.3 in the coveted 18-to-49 demo, versus Idol‘s 5.2 in primetime’s opening half hour — Prady said, “The job is about going to work and making a really good TV show…. But you do get like a little team pride. It’s a little ‘Detroit Tigers-in-the-World Series,’ you know? You cheer on your team, and what you are really cheering is an amazing fan base that has been coming to the show strong this year, and that’s a really good feeling.”

So, were any high-fives traded at Big Bang HQ? “We did not high-five, because we’re nerds and we don’t do that,” Prady reported. “But I think at one point someone went, ‘Oh, yeah.’ I think there was a soft-spoken, ‘Oh, yeah.’” (
How Big Bang Theory Got the OK to Mock Zachary Quinto's Spock